|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do Thompson and the lawyer get into an argument after the lawyer pulls the car over to the side of the road?
(a) Over who is going to drive.
(c) Over picking up another hitchhiker.
(d) Over some spilled cocaine.
2. What is the correspondent from Life magazine doing in Part 1, Chapter 5 that bothers Thompson?
(a) He is drunk and slumped over the bar.
(b) He is being too aggressive with a woman.
(c) He is trying to pick-up Thompson.
(d) He is snorting cocaine in public.
3. Why is Thompson uncomfortable in a car full of narcotics in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) He wants to keep his lawyer sober.
(b) Las Vegas has harsh drug laws.
(c) He does not have narcotics in his car.
(d) He knows he needs to keep his head clear.
4. Where did Thompson live in the mid 1960’s?
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What do Thompson and the lawyer do right before they leave for Las Vegas?
(a) Stop by the lawyer’s house and leave a note for his wife.
(b) Go see a movie and sleep.
(c) Swim in the ocean and go see Thompson's mother.
(d) Swim in the ocean and have breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the journalists go after the race begins?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 7, what does the lawyer pull out in the elevator?
3. What does Thompson have that helps his memories of the Saturday night before the race?
4. What happens to the clerk’s face at the first hotel when Thompson is talking to her in Part 1?
5. Where were Thompson and the lawyer when Thompson’s employer calls them in Part 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)