|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer ask Thompson to do when Thompson returns to the hotel room in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) He does not ask Thompson to do anything, he is sleeping.
(b) Talk to the man he has on the phone.
(c) Throw the radio in the tub.
(d) See if there are any drugs in the ruined pillows.
2. Who does Thompson mention when he talks about the long term effects of drug use?
(a) His brother.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) A doctor and former LSD guru.
3. Who brings a pink telephone to Thompson in Part 1?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A clown.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His sister.
4. How many vehicles leave when the race first begins in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Thompson do to keep the hitchhiker from getting suspicious as to the men’s condition in Part 1?
(a) Thompson pretends to go to sleep.
(b) He turns on the radio so the hitchhiker cannot talk.
(c) He slips the hitchhiker a drug.
(d) He begins an explanation of why he and the lawyer are traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Thompson able to keep his original decision never to use LSD?
2. How much money was the man who talked about abusing his wife given when he was taken to the bus stop?
3. Why is Thompson not able to see the race?
4. What does the hitchhiker do when the attorney pulls the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What does Thompson say the two men have to wear to Las Vegas?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)