|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar in which Thompson is sitting on the outskirts of Las Vegas, in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) Red Slot Pub.
(b) Wild Bill’s Café.
(c) Las Vegas Drinks.
(d) Mile’s Slots and Beer.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 9, what does Thompson read is a main conflict in the United States?
(a) Between the gays and the straights.
(b) He does not mention any conflict.
(c) Between anti-war demonstrators and police.
(d) Between the culture of the 1940’s and the 1970’s.
3. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk decide to leave Thompson alone in Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) He is frightened by the attorney.
(b) He thinks Thompson is a police officer.
(c) He does not care what Thompson does.
(d) He is called away on a another task.
4. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
(a) The lawyer said he is going to shoot Thompson.
(b) Thompson wants to see how fast the car can go.
(c) Thompson wants to arrive at the hotel before he is too messed up to drive.
(d) Thompson is hoping to scare his lawyer.
5. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) A Ford Bronco.
(b) A minivan.
(c) Two motorcycles.
(d) A land cruiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the hotel in Part 1, Chapter 10 think is paying Thompson’s hotel bill?
2. Why is Thompson worried about his role in the narcotics conference?
3. What do Thompson and the attorney ultimately do with the girl the attorney brought with him to the Hotel Flamingo?
4. Why does the attorney give drugs to the girl with him in the Hotel Flamingo room?
5. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)