|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thompson say he sees in Baker?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) The F.B.I.
(c) One of the winners of the Mint 400.
(d) The hitchhiker they had picked up on the way to Las Vegas.
2. Where do the journalists go after the race begins?
(b) Back to their hotels, the race will last about seven hours.
(c) To the finish line.
(d) To the bar at the race track.
3. Why does the Hotel Flamingo desk clerk decide to leave Thompson alone in Part II, Chapter 4?
(a) He is called away on a another task.
(b) He thinks Thompson is a police officer.
(c) He does not care what Thompson does.
(d) He is frightened by the attorney.
4. What kind of art does the girl with the attorney in the Hotel Flamingo room do?
(a) Portraits of Debbie Reynolds.
(b) Portraits of Mick Jagger.
(c) Portraits of Barbra Streisand.
(d) Portraits of Nixon.
5. What does Thompson do while he is waiting for his car to be brought to him in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Talks to his lawyer.
(b) Talks to a desk clerk.
(c) Plays a couple of slot machines.
(d) Reads a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thompson worried about his role in the narcotics conference?
2. When are Thompson and the lawyer at the track at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. What is on the news at the first hotel that disturbs the attorney?
4. Why does Thompson get a telegram in Part 1, Chapter 10?
5. Why does the attorney pull the car off the road in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)