|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar in which Thompson is sitting on the outskirts of Las Vegas, in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) Red Slot Pub.
(b) Mile’s Slots and Beer.
(c) Wild Bill’s Café.
(d) Las Vegas Drinks.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 9, what does Thompson read is a main conflict in the United States?
(a) Between anti-war demonstrators and police.
(b) Between the culture of the 1940’s and the 1970’s.
(c) Between the gays and the straights.
(d) He does not mention any conflict.
3. Where does Thompson get his credentials in Part 1?
(a) He carries them with him.
(b) At the hotel office.
(c) At the press table.
(d) At the local newspaper office.
4. In what condition does Thompson find his attorney when Thompson arrives at their room in the Hotel Falmaingo?
(a) Completely wasted.
(b) Sober and alert.
(d) Depressed and tearful.
5. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) A land cruiser.
(b) A minivan.
(c) Two motorcycles.
(d) A Ford Bronco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane Hamby, whose body is stuffed in a refrigerator, die, according to a newspaper Thompson reads while waiting for his car in Chapter 1, Chapter 9?
2. Why is the girl with the attorney at the Hotel Flamingo not at home?
3. What does the attorney tell the girl he has brought to the Hotel Flamingo in order to get her in a good mood?
4. What kind of shirt does the man who talks about physically abusing his wife wear?
5. What does Thompson briefly think to do when the hitchhiker talks about the car?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)