|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the journalists go after the race begins?
(a) To the bar at the race track.
(b) To the finish line.
(d) Back to their hotels, the race will last about seven hours.
2. What does Thompson say one should do if he is speeding and a police car turns on its lights behind you?
(a) Speed up.
(b) Pull into the median.
(c) Stop suddenly.
(d) Slow down.
3. In what condition does Thompson find his attorney when Thompson arrives at their room in the Hotel Falmaingo?
(a) Sober and alert.
(c) Completely wasted.
(d) Depressed and tearful.
4. What does Thompson think, in the beginning of Chapter 12, is a real possibility for him?
(a) Having a physical and mental breakdown.
(b) Not being able to stay in Las Vegas.
(c) Being stopped by a police officer.
(d) Having his wife gone when he gets home.
5. What does Thompson see in the carpet at the first hotel bar in Las Vegas?
(c) Pictures of Armageddon.
(d) His mother's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the attorney run a red light in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What does Thompson do while he is waiting for his car to be brought to him in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. What do Thompson and the attorney ultimately do with the girl the attorney brought with him to the Hotel Flamingo?
4. Why does Thompson begin driving faster after the lawyer pulls out a gun in Part 1?
5. What kind of vehicle is provided for the journalists in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)