Part 1: Chapter 1 & 2
• Hunter S. Thompson, a journalist, and his lawyer, talk about the effects of the massive amounts of narcotics they have consumed.
• The two men drive their rented Chevy through the desert. Hunter is to cover the Mint 400, a motorcycle and dune buggy race on the outskirts of Las Vegas.
• Hunter is troubled by his hallucinations and asks the lawyer to drive but both men are totally inebriated. They pick up a hitchhiker. Hunter wonders if the youth will be able to tell their condition.
• Hunter tells the hitchhiker that he and his lawyer are pursuing the American Dream. As Hunter becomes more antagonistic the hitchhiker becomes frightened.
• Hunter recalls what led up to him and the lawyer being where they are. The pair had been in a bar at the Beverly Hills Hotel getting high on mescaline and alcohol.
• Hunter’s magazine calls and orders him...
This section contains 2,596 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)