Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thompson balance his frantic writing with the long periods of boredom in "November?"
2. Why does Thompson believe the journalists are turning to drugs?
(a) They are trying to get a better grasp on the younger generation.
(b) They are not coping well with cabin fever.
(c) They want to emulate Thompson.
(d) They want to experiment while away from their loved ones.
3. With which group does George Wallace apparently have the most affinity?
(a) The students.
(b) The factory workers.
(c) The rich businessmen.
(d) The middle-classes.
4. In Thompson's own words, what does he initially admit to believing about Mankiewicz?
(a) Mankiewicz is a pansy.
(b) Mankiewicz is a gentleman.
(c) Mankiewicz is justified in his actions against the author.
(d) Mankiewicz is a coward.
5. During the flight in "November," to whom is Thompson referring when he discusses "rebellion amongst the docile"?
(a) The constituents.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The journalists.
(d) The speech writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thompson describe the tendencies for American party politics to even out and correct disparities?
2. With which party in Florida does Rubin claim to be registered?
3. While traveling on airplanes, what does the author break?
4. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
5. What writer's problem does Thompson discuss in "June"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)