Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thompson quote when he says, "Richard Nixon represents the dark side of the American spirit?"
(a) Timothy Leary.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Bobby Kennedy.
(d) George McGovern.
2. For what reason does Senator McCarthy visit the factory workers in "May?"
(a) To see a factory local to his hometown.
(b) To shake their hands.
(c) To visit where his father used to work there.
(d) To make sure they are being given proper benefits.
3. In "May," according to research, which way does Thompson say is the best and probably only way to win the campaign?
(a) Speeches to rile up the younger crowds.
(b) Public appearances.
(c) Promises to withdraw the troops from Vietnam.
(d) A polished appearance.
4. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
5. What does Thompson suggest would have helped McGovern push ahead in the polls during September 1972?
(a) A better speechwriter.
(b) A stronger stance on drug policies.
(c) No speechwriters.
(d) A one-on-one interview with Thompson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the passengers of Thompson's plane react to others trying to join them on their flight?
2. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
3. How does Thompson describe politicians who decide to become self-aware about the theatricality of their work?
4. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
5. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)