Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Miami in 1972, how do the sit-ins and protests compare to Thompson's experiences on other campaign trails?
(a) They are completely effective.
(b) They are poorly organized.
(c) They are extremely mild.
(d) They are much wilder.
2. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
(a) Every hippie celebrity in the country.
(b) One hundred Yippie activists.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Ten thousand naked hippies.
3. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(b) A vulture picking at carrion.
(c) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(d) A fox getting caught in a trap.
4. To what does Thompson compare the writer's problem he discusses in "June?"
(a) Removing the tongue.
(b) A skin graft.
5. According to Thompson, in "Dark Interludes," what does McGovern do that shows his prowess as a politician?
(a) He publicly supports Eagleton's continuance in the campaign.
(b) He uses Eagleton's medical history against him.
(c) He quickly drops Eagleton from the ticket.
(d) He pardons Eagleton's lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thompson, what unprecedented occurrence happens in October of 1972?
2. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
3. "Dark Interlude" reveals what illness that Eagleton suffers from?
4. Why is Thompson angry during "June?"
5. For what is Jerry Rubin known?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)