|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do politicians tend to view journalists, according to Thompson?
(a) News-hungry pigs.
(c) Failed politicians.
(d) Writers who could not sell a novel.
2. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
3. For whom does Thompson harbor a strange affection?
4. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
(a) He cannot grovel for affection.
(b) He is too cynical for them.
(c) He is proud of being able to work every day.
(d) He does not enjoy wearing nicer clothes.
5. Despite, or perhaps, because of Thompson's own preferences, what in his writing identifies him as a trustworthy source of information and editorials?
(a) Respect for everyone.
(b) Clean living.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
2. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
3. Which demographic does the Democratic party worry about reaching if they do not have a Kennedy?
4. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
5. How does Thompson assist a group of people in "January, February, into March" who informed him of their collective hatred for politicians?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)