|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February & March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Thompson posit that makes the campaign he is covering particularly difficult for all participants?
(a) The assassinations of the Kennedys.
(b) McGovern's pro-choice stand.
(d) McGovern's support of legalizing marijuana.
2. In what city was Bobby Kennedy assassinated?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
3. When covering political stories, how does Thompson generally feel around large groups of unconnected people who cannot mix well?
(a) At ease.
4. In what state does Thompson frequently find himself during social settings involving politicians and journalists?
5. What is one of the reasons Thompson is so famous?
(a) Thompson wins the Pulitzer.
(b) Thompson single-handedly calls out an entire governmental branch on their corruption.
(c) Thompson marries into a famous family.
(d) He has a rebellious image, though everyone tolerates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the opinions politicians hold of the press, which of the following is not a trademark of Hunter S. Thompson (illustrating the man's indifference to what the politicians think of him)?
2. In "January," whose vote is discussed alongside the generational voting habits?
3. According to his anecdotes in "January, February, into March," why is Thompson never be able to fit in with the upper classes?
4. How is Thompson affected when a politician he politically respects suffers through a difficult event?
5. According to Thompson, in "January," who beat Johnson in New Hampshire?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)