|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Thompson assign politicians, in his analogy of the American political campaign?
(c) Tight ends.
(d) The rook.
2. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
(d) South Carolina.
3. When Thompson hears a specific sound during the May primary, which group does he claim this sound would particularly distress?
(c) American troops.
(d) Middle America.
4. According to Thompson, how much time do the candidates devote to meeting constituents?
(a) Ten hours a day, for fourteen months.
(b) Eight hours a day, for two years.
(c) Eighteen hours a day, for a year and a half.
(d) Twelve hours a day, for a year.
5. In "July," in the ballroom, what reaction do the constituents have towards George Wallace?
(a) They embrace him as their own.
(b) They boo Wallace out of the ballroom.
(c) They take his statements and promises seriously and give him their support.
(d) They are not happy with what Wallace was saying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ron Ziegler?
2. What incident (with which he had no involvement) harms Thompson's reputation as a professional?
3. What journalistic term does Thompson use to describe Wallace's speeches in "July?"
4. After learning the mechanics of the campaign trail, how does Thompson find his travels?
5. Who does Rubin claim will march down to the Convention Center in July?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)