|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, November Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thompson explain as being the result of an intense situation in regards to the reserve personnel during a campaign?
(a) The people grow touchier.
(b) The people isolate themselves.
(c) The people begin to rebel against their tight schedule.
(d) The people act out.
2. During the May primary, how does Thompson describe a politician hearing a particular sound?
(a) A werewolf killing one's guard dog.
(b) A fox getting caught in a trap.
(c) A cat being cornered by a dog.
(d) A vulture picking at carrion.
3. In "August," what does Thompson remember from a previous campaign?
(a) A party.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A be-in.
(d) A concert.
4. During "August," from his memory of a previous campaign, what is Thompson primarily concerned about?
(a) Hanging on to his bag of marijuana.
(b) Recording every badge number of every police officer who used unnecessary force.
(c) Washing the gas from his eyes.
(d) Helping a young hippie get some first aid.
5. What happens between Mankiewicz and Thompson in "August?"
(a) Mankiewicz reveals some campaign secrets to Thompson.
(b) Thompson buys the other man a drink.
(c) Thompson is assaulted by the other man.
(d) Thompson crashes his motorcycle into Mankiewicz's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Thompson's account of the airplane arrangements, how do several people view being forced onto the Dakota Queen II?
2. In the beginning of "May," at which primary is Thompson present?
3. According to the author, which readers does he expect will understand his decision to defuse the situation with Mankiewicz?
4. What strikes Thompson the most about Mankiewicz's recent, violent tendencies?
5. What catches Thompson's attention at the primary in early May?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)