|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
2. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
4. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
5. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a complex character interaction in Yolen's collection of folktales. Analyze the relationship between the two characters. Also discuss how the relationship enhances the plot.
Essay Topic 2
How does the setting affect the plot of a folktale? Choose one folktale and discuss its setting and how the setting relates to the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Provide a response to the following question citing examples from Yolen's book to prove your argument: Can prophecies be altered?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)