Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
2. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
4. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
5. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
Essay Topic 1
What does the title of the section "The Getting of Wisdom'' mean to you? What do you think this title means to Yolen? Choose one story from this section and explain that story's definition of wisdom.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reasoning for Yolen's choice to organize her book. What is the structural benefit of the organization? Is it cohesive?
Essay Topic 3
Define the conflict of good versus evil in the story "Wicked John and the Devil." Contrast this story with one other folktale of your choice.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)