Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
2. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
4. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
5. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
Provide an in depth analysis of '"he Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" including plot, subplot (if there is one), setting, character analysis, and any symbolism in the folktale.
Occasionally, the folktales in Yolen's collection contain a moral or lesson. Choose a folktale and discuss what the moral is and how it is effectively demonstrated in the plot.
What does the title of the section "The Getting of Wisdom'' mean to you? What do you think this title means to Yolen? Choose one story from this section and explain that story's definition of wisdom.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)