|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
2. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) His fingers are broken.
(b) His ears are pulled.
(c) He is spanked.
(d) His ears are boxed.
3. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
(a) 10 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 300 years.
4. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
(a) The road.
(b) The river.
(c) On her porch.
(d) At her parent's farm.
5. In "Talk," who sends the frightened men away?
(a) The police.
(b) The chief.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Goose Girl," what happens to the maid-in-waiting?
2. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
3. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
4. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
5. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the lawyer outsmart the devil in "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
2. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
3. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
4. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
5. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
6. What is the bargain between the devil and the peasant in "Peasant and the Devil"?
7. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
8. Why does the man have only three days to live according to "Then the Merman Laughed"?
9. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
10. How does the doll in "Visilisa the Beautiful" help Visilisa?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)