|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She kills him.
(b) She dies.
(c) She flies away.
(d) She marries him.
2. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
(a) Each one marries a prince.
(b) They are turned into flowers.
(c) They are burned.
(d) They are banished from the kingdom.
3. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
(b) A daughter.
(c) A son.
4. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A fish.
(c) A Lurikeen.
(d) A suitor.
5. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
2. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
3. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
4. What does Visilisa's mother give to her in 'Visilisa the Beautiful' ?
5. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
2. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
3. How does the lurikeen trick the girl in "Bridget and the Lurikeen"?
4. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
5. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
6. Why are the two sisters jealous of their other sister in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
7. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
8. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
9. What does the boy learn from the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
10. How is the moral of "It Could Always Be Worse" arrived at?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)