|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Talk" something frightens the men. What frightens them?
(a) The sky speaks to them.
(b) Their objects talk.
(c) The water speaks to them.
(d) Ghosts speak to them.
2. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
3. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In a vault.
4. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
(a) The prince.
(b) The queen.
(c) Her maid-in-waiting.
(d) Her sister.
5. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) His ears are pulled.
(b) His fingers are broken.
(c) His ears are boxed.
(d) He is spanked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the family in "A Pretty Girl in the Road" died previously?
2. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
3. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
4. Where does the man go to find his wife in "The Spirit Wife"?
5. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the boy learn from the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
2. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
3. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
4. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
5. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
6. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
7. Why are the two sisters jealous of their other sister in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
8. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
9. Why does the man have only three days to live according to "Then the Merman Laughed"?
10. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)