|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He is eaten.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He becomes a sultan.
2. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
3. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
(a) Farm Animals.
(d) Happy children.
4. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
5. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(d) Trips down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
2. Where does Orpheus travel to sing songs of Eurydice?
3. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
4. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
5. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)