|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
(a) To be the other's best man.
(b) To be buried together.
(c) To marry the other's wife should one die.
(d) To be friends forever.
2. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
(a) A stone.
(b) A necktie.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A chain.
3. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
(b) Read poetry.
(c) Be merry.
4. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To be mean.
(c) To be handsome.
(d) To be powerful.
5. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
(a) They are pregnant.
(b) She haunts the house.
(c) Texas wasn't what they expected.
(d) They don't love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
2. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
3. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
4. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
5. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the boy learn from the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
2. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
3. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
4. How does the doll in "Visilisa the Beautiful" help Visilisa?
5. Why can the Swan-Maiden not turn back into a swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
6. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
7. What is the bargain between the devil and the peasant in "Peasant and the Devil"?
8. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
9. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
10. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)