|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
2. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(a) Her beak.
(d) A toe nail.
3. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She does the opposite of what he says.
(c) She beats him.
(d) She loves him.
4. Why can't the son in "Lost Horse" go to war?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He broke his hip.
(c) His dad said no.
(d) He lost his horse.
5. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
Short Answer Questions
1. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
2. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
3. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
4. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
5. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the poor man outsmart the rich man in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
2. Why can the Swan-Maiden not turn back into a swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
3. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
4. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
5. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
6. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
7. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
8. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
9. What does the boy learn from the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
10. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)