|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(a) A child.
(c) A pitchfork.
(d) A piece of coal.
2. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He flies away.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He is eaten.
(d) He becomes a sultan.
3. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) She beats him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She does the opposite of what he says.
(d) She ignores him.
4. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
(a) 10 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 100 years.
5. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be powerful.
(b) To be mean.
(c) To be handsome.
(d) To be wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first brother rewarded when he gives the women a line to their song in "The Two Hunchbacks"?
2. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
3. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
4. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
5. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
2. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
4. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
5. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
6. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
7. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
8. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
9. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
10. How does the poor man outsmart the rich man in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)