|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a vault.
(d) Under his bed.
2. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
3. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
(a) Her family is not waiting.
(b) The gold is actually silver.
(c) Her prince is a frog.
(d) The castle is not on fire.
4. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
(c) The rich man's food.
5. Which member of the family in "A Pretty Girl in the Road" died previously?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
2. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
3. Where does the man go to find his wife in "The Spirit Wife"?
4. "The King of Ireland's Son'' is about _____________.
5. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
2. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
3. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
4. How is the moral of "It Could Always Be Worse" arrived at?
5. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
6. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
7. How does the lawyer outsmart the devil in "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
8. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
9. What does the boy learn from the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
10. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)