|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She beats him.
(c) She does the opposite of what he says.
(d) She ignores him.
2. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
3. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
(c) Common Sense.
(d) Young girls.
4. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
(a) Texas wasn't what they expected.
(b) She haunts the house.
(c) They are pregnant.
(d) They don't love each other.
5. In "The Spirit Wife," why can the man not touch his wife?
(a) He'll die.
(b) He will collapse into dust.
(c) She'll die.
(d) A great earthquake will occur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
2. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
3. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
4. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
5. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the bargain between the devil and the peasant in "Peasant and the Devil"?
2. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
3. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
4. How does the lawyer outsmart the devil in "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
5. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
6. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
7. Why does the man have only three days to live according to "Then the Merman Laughed"?
8. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
9. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
10. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)