|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
(a) Her job.
(b) She marries her husband.
(c) Her life.
(d) She dreams of a house.
2. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
(a) A son.
(c) A daughter.
3. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
(a) She is bitten by a dog.
(b) She is bitten by a snake.
(c) She loses his home.
(d) She divorces.
4. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five days.
5. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil," challenge his student to do?
2. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
3. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
4. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
5. The young man loses his prize horse in "Lost Horse." What does does his father think about this?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the two sisters jealous of their other sister in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
2. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
3. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
4. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
5. What does the boy learn from the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
6. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
7. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
8. In "The Goose Girl," who trades places with the princess and why? What becomes of the impostor?
9. Why does the man have only three days to live according to "Then the Merman Laughed"?
10. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)