|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) He is spanked.
(b) His fingers are broken.
(c) His ears are boxed.
(d) His ears are pulled.
2. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(b) Her beak.
(c) A toe nail.
3. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
(a) The prince.
(b) Her maid-in-waiting.
(c) The queen.
(d) Her sister.
4. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be handsome.
(b) To be wealthy.
(c) To be powerful.
(d) To be mean.
5. Who frees the devil from Katcha's clutches?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A queen.
(d) A princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
2. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
3. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
4. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
5. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
2. How does the lurikeen trick the girl in "Bridget and the Lurikeen"?
3. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
4. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
5. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
6. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
7. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
8. Why are the two sisters jealous of their other sister in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
9. How does the poor man outsmart the rich man in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
10. In "The Goose Girl," who trades places with the princess and why? What becomes of the impostor?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)