|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) She does the opposite of what he says.
(b) She beats him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She ignores him.
2. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
3. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A magical lamp.
(b) A magical carpet.
(c) A set of china.
(d) A magical book.
4. Why can't the son in "Lost Horse" go to war?
(a) He is too young.
(b) His dad said no.
(c) He lost his horse.
(d) He broke his hip.
5. What vegetable is the man tending to at the start of "Talk"?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
2. What does the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil," challenge his student to do?
3. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
4. "The King of Ireland's Son'' is about _____________.
5. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
2. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
4. Why can the Swan-Maiden not turn back into a swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
5. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
6. How does the lurikeen trick the girl in "Bridget and the Lurikeen"?
7. How does the doll in "Visilisa the Beautiful" help Visilisa?
8. Why are the two sisters jealous of their other sister in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
9. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
10. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)