|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A chain.
(c) A stone.
(d) A jewel.
2. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(b) Her beak.
(d) A toe nail.
3. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
(a) 50 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 100 years.
4. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A child.
(c) A mother.
(d) The devil.
5. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(a) A child.
(b) A piece of coal.
(d) A pitchfork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
2. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
3. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
4. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
5. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
2. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
3. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
4. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
5. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
6. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
7. Why does the man have only three days to live according to "Then the Merman Laughed"?
8. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
9. What does the boy learn from the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
10. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)