|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
(a) An island.
(b) A jail.
(c) A hole.
(d) A tower.
2. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
3. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The dog.
(c) The coyote.
(d) The bear.
4. Which member of the family in "A Pretty Girl in the Road" died previously?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) Their son.
5. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
2. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
3. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
4. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
5. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
2. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
3. How does the doll in "Visilisa the Beautiful" help Visilisa?
4. How does the lawyer outsmart the devil in "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
5. In "The Goose Girl," who trades places with the princess and why? What becomes of the impostor?
6. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
7. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
8. What is the bargain between the devil and the peasant in "Peasant and the Devil"?
9. How does the poor man outsmart the rich man in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
10. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)