|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
2. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
3. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He is eaten.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He becomes a sultan.
4. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She kills him.
(b) She marries him.
(c) She dies.
(d) She flies away.
5. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
2. At the end of "The Goose Girl," what happens to the maid-in-waiting?
3. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
4. In "Talk" something frightens the men. What frightens them?
5. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Goose Girl," who trades places with the princess and why? What becomes of the impostor?
2. Why does the man have only three days to live according to "Then the Merman Laughed"?
3. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
4. Why can the Swan-Maiden not turn back into a swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
5. How does the poor man outsmart the rich man in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
6. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
7. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
8. How does the lurikeen trick the girl in "Bridget and the Lurikeen"?
9. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
10. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)