|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A witch.
(b) A queen.
(c) A princesss.
(d) An ogre.
2. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
3. What does the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil," challenge his student to do?
(b) Make a wish.
(c) Cast spells.
(d) Perform surgery.
4. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(b) Her beak.
(d) A toe nail.
5. Where does the man go to find his wife in "The Spirit Wife"?
(a) The spirit world.
(b) The sea.
(c) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
2. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
3. What does Visilisa keep in her pocket until she dies?
4. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
5. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the two sisters jealous of their other sister in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
2. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
3. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
4. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
5. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
6. Why can the Swan-Maiden not turn back into a swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
7. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
8. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
9. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
10. How does the lawyer outsmart the devil in "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)