|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Talk" something frightens the men. What frightens them?
(a) The water speaks to them.
(b) Ghosts speak to them.
(c) The sky speaks to them.
(d) Their objects talk.
2. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
(a) A tower.
(b) A jail.
(c) A hole.
(d) An island.
3. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A queen.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A witch.
(d) A princesss.
4. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) He is spanked.
(b) His ears are boxed.
(c) His ears are pulled.
(d) His fingers are broken.
5. Where does Orpheus travel to sing songs of Eurydice?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The land of the dead.
(c) Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first brother rewarded when he gives the women a line to their song in "The Two Hunchbacks"?
2. What does the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil," challenge his student to do?
3. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
4. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
5. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
2. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
4. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
5. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
6. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
7. How does the doll in "Visilisa the Beautiful" help Visilisa?
8. In "The Goose Girl," who trades places with the princess and why? What becomes of the impostor?
9. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
10. How does the lurikeen trick the girl in "Bridget and the Lurikeen"?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)