|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
(a) Her job.
(b) She marries her husband.
(c) Her life.
(d) She dreams of a house.
2. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) An ogre.
(b) A queen.
(c) A witch.
(d) A princesss.
3. In "The Spirit Wife," why can the man not touch his wife?
(a) She'll die.
(b) He will collapse into dust.
(c) He'll die.
(d) A great earthquake will occur.
4. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He becomes a sultan.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He is eaten.
(d) He leaves town.
5. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
2. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
3. Which member of the family in "A Pretty Girl in the Road" died previously?
4. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
5. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the lurikeen trick the girl in "Bridget and the Lurikeen"?
2. Why can the Swan-Maiden not turn back into a swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
3. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
4. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
5. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
6. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
7. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
8. How does the poor man outsmart the rich man in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
9. What is the bargain between the devil and the peasant in "Peasant and the Devil"?
10. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)