|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(b) Trips down the river.
2. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In a vault.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a tree.
3. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
4. What does Visilisa keep in her pocket until she dies?
(a) A letter.
(b) A coin.
(c) A doll.
(d) A jewel.
5. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She dies.
(b) She kills him.
(c) She flies away.
(d) She marries him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
2. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
3. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
4. Which member of the family in "A Pretty Girl in the Road" died previously?
5. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
2. What does the man find out about the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
4. How is the moral of "It Could Always Be Worse" arrived at?
5. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
6. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
7. How is that everyone has common sense according to "Getting Common Sense"?
8. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
9. How does the doll in "Visilisa the Beautiful" help Visilisa?
10. Why does the girl weep in "The Seal's Skin"?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)