|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He is eaten.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He flies away.
(d) He becomes a sultan.
2. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
(a) To be friends forever.
(b) To be buried together.
(c) To be the other's best man.
(d) To marry the other's wife should one die.
3. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
(a) A wafer.
(b) A candle.
(c) A coin.
(d) A Bible.
4. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A goat.
5. Why can't the son in "Lost Horse" go to war?
(a) He lost his horse.
(b) He broke his hip.
(c) His dad said no.
(d) He is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
2. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
3. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
4. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
5. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the lawyer outsmart the devil in "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
2. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
3. How does the poor man outsmart the rich man in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
4. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
5. How does the doll in "Visilisa the Beautiful" help Visilisa?
6. In "The Goose Girl," who trades places with the princess and why? What becomes of the impostor?
7. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
8. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," how does the King find his bride?
9. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
10. Why does the man have only three days to live according to "Then the Merman Laughed"?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)