|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) A king and a queen.
(b) Three brothers.
(c) Two sisters.
(d) Five thieves.
2. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In her home.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On her throne.
3. Where did "The Man Who Had No Story" originate?
4. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Make them some dinner.
(b) Tell them a fairytell.
(c) Sing them a song.
(d) Milk their cow.
5. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
(a) Where their feet want to go.
(b) Whose feet need a pedicure.
(c) Whose feet belong to which man.
(d) Who cut off their wives' toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
2. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
3. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
4. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
5. In "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!" for whom does the King want to find a spouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
2. What does the sky god in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" want in exchange for stories?
3. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
4. Into what does the oldest man in "The Seventh Father of the House"' fit?
5. How did the Pueblo Indians come to be?
6. How does the guard lie to the king in the story "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer"?
7. What does the servant tell his lord at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
8. In "The Goose Girl," who trades places with the princess and why? What becomes of the impostor?
9. How does the lawyer outsmart the devil in "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
10. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)