|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) A wand.
(b) A fish.
(c) A broom.
(d) A cauldron.
2. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
(a) When she is old.
(b) When she dies.
(c) He does not remember.
(d) On her 13th birthday.
3. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
4. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
(a) His congregation.
(b) The reader.
(c) His parents.
(d) His students.
5. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
(a) Find food.
(b) Win riches.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Save her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
2. In "The Longwitton Dragon," why can the knight not slay the dragon?
3. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
4. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
5. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail."
2. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," how does the Hodja manage to keep the cauldron?
3. In the story "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," how does the young boy find the buried girl?
4. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
5. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
6. Who do the three brothers try to trick in "The Tall Tales" and why? What becomes of the brothers?
7. Who marries the princess in "Crack and Crook"? Why?
8. Why does the rich man in "Lazy Jack" give his daughter to Jack in marriage?
9. Why did the parson trade clothes with the sexton in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
10. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)