|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
(a) Where their feet want to go.
(b) Who cut off their wives' toes.
(c) Whose feet belong to which man.
(d) Whose feet need a pedicure.
2. In "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" what other role does the queen play?
(a) She is a knight.
(b) She is a seamstress.
(c) She is a poet.
(d) She is a witch.
3. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
4. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(b) Little boys.
(d) Little girls.
5. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(b) Circus clowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
2. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
3. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
4. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
5. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," how does the Hodja manage to keep the cauldron?
2. How does Catherine trick her husband in "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
3. How are the sea creatures created in "Sedna"?
4. Why does the Hodja walk out of the service the first time in "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit "?
5. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
6. Why do the townspeople in "Chelm Justice" not want to hang the shoe mender?
7. What does the servant tell his lord at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
8. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
9. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
10. How does the guard lie to the king in the story "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer"?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)