|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To help her parents.
(b) To show that girls can do anything.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To win the heart of a prince.
2. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
(a) She has an affair.
(b) He has an affair.
(c) They fight.
(d) They spend too much money.
3. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
(a) She paints eggshells.
(b) She makes an omelette.
(c) She poaches eggs.
(d) She brews eggshells.
4. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A banker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A god.
(d) A judge.
5. Where did "The King's Favorite" originate?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
2. What word is no one allowed to say in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
3. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
4. Where does "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"originate?
5. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first 30 years of man and his last 30 years as described in "The Duration of Life."
2. Why are the two sisters jealous of their other sister in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
3. How does the young boy trick the king in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
4. What rule does Orpheus break in "Orpheus and Eurydice"? What is the result?
5. Describe the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail."
6. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
7. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
8. How does the dragon in the story "The Longwitton Dragon" protect himself?
9. In the story "Truth and Falsehood," what would Truth rather do then be friends with Falsehood? Why?
10. How is the moral of "It Could Always Be Worse" arrived at?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)