|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
(a) He has a cleft lip.
(b) His hand is curled tight.
(c) He has eleven toes.
(d) He has no eyelids.
2. What does Jack carry home in "Lazy Jack"?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A feather.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A cow.
3. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
(c) American Indians.
4. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He defeated everyone.
(d) He didn't become king.
5. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) The earth king.
(b) A prince.
(c) A king.
(d) The sky king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
2. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
3. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
4. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
5. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," why does Hodja say he can't return the original item?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
2. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
3. Who marries the princess in "Crack and Crook"? Why?
4. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
5. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
6. How does Catherine trick her husband in "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
7. What does the man put in his trunk in "The Prayer that was Answered"? What does he discover in his trunk when he arrives home?
8. Into what does the oldest man in "The Seventh Father of the House"' fit?
9. What did the infant child in "The Two Pickpockets" steal from the midwife?
10. Why did the parson trade clothes with the sexton in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)