|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
(a) The queen.
(b) The guard.
(c) The boy.
(d) The prince.
2. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) The sky king.
(b) The earth king.
(c) A king.
(d) A prince.
3. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(b) Circus clowns.
4. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He lives alone.
(c) He didn't become king.
(d) He defeated everyone.
5. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
(a) A witch's house.
(b) An ogre's house.
(c) A beggar's house.
(d) A robber's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
2. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
3. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
4. In "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!" for whom does the King want to find a spouse?
5. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
2. In the story "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," how does the young boy find the buried girl?
3. How are the sea creatures created in "Sedna"?
4. How does the guard lie to the king in the story "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer"?
5. Why does the rich man in "Lazy Jack" give his daughter to Jack in marriage?
6. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
7. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
8. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
9. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
10. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)