|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack carry home in "Lazy Jack"?
(a) A feather.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A cow.
2. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
(a) She paints eggshells.
(b) She makes an omelette.
(c) She brews eggshells.
(d) She poaches eggs.
3. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A judge.
(b) A god.
(c) A banker.
(d) A doctor.
4. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
(a) He misses her.
(b) He doesn't find anyone sillier then she is.
(c) He finds people sillier then she is.
(d) A witch forces him to return.
5. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
(a) A bear.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A stone.
(d) An imp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
2. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
3. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
4. What transports Brian to a far away land in "The Man Who Had No Story"?
5. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
2. What does the sky god in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" want in exchange for stories?
3. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
4. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
5. What does the servant tell his lord at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
6. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
7. What is wrong with Mr. Fox in the story "Mr. Fox"?
8. What did the infant child in "The Two Pickpockets" steal from the midwife?
9. Why does the rich man in "Lazy Jack" give his daughter to Jack in marriage?
10. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)