|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
(a) She paints eggshells.
(b) She makes an omelette.
(c) She poaches eggs.
(d) She brews eggshells.
2. What is "The Fly" about?
(d) Forgiving debt.
3. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
(a) The child does not speak.
(b) The child falls into a deep slumber.
(c) The child can only sing.
(d) The child ages 15 years.
4. What must the servant in "Helping to Lie'" help his master do?
5. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A job.
(d) A new bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
2. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
3. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
4. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
5. In what country did "Merry Prank" originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the three brothers try to trick in "The Tall Tales" and why? What becomes of the brothers?
2. In the story "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," how does the young boy find the buried girl?
3. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
4. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
5. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
6. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
7. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
8. What does the servant tell his lord at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
9. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
10. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)