|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
2. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(a) Your tongue falls out.
(d) The crops die.
3. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) He gets to kiss her.
(b) A cow.
(c) He gets to marry her.
4. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(b) Little girls.
(d) Little boys.
5. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
2. What is the occupation of the man who commits a crime in "Chelm Justice"?
3. In "The Longwitton Dragon," why can the knight not slay the dragon?
4. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
5. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
2. Why does the rich man in "Lazy Jack" give his daughter to Jack in marriage?
3. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
4. What is wrong with Mr. Fox in the story "Mr. Fox"?
5. Who do the three brothers try to trick in "The Tall Tales" and why? What becomes of the brothers?
6. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
7. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
8. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
9. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
10. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)