Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contest must suitors enter in "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!"?
(a) They must flatter the King's daughter.
(b) They must outlie the King's son.
(c) They must be completely honest.
(d) They must outlie the King's daughter.
2. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
3. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
(a) The reader.
(b) His congregation.
(c) His parents.
(d) His students.
4. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
(a) When she is old.
(b) On her 13th birthday.
(c) He does not remember.
(d) When she dies.
5. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) They never lie again.
(b) They leave the country.
(c) They chop off their left hand.
(d) They pay 5,000 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wagging My Tail in the Mud," what animal is happiest wagging it's tail?
2. What is the king forced to do for an eternity at the end of "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
3. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
4. In "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," what does the man refuse to say?
5. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
2. Describe the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail."
3. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
4. What is the bargain between the devil and the peasant in "Peasant and the Devil"?
5. How does the guard lie to the king in the story "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer"?
6. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
7. Why do the townspeople in "Chelm Justice" not want to hang the shoe mender?
8. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
9. Why does a light bob between Virgina and Carolina?
10. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)