|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
(a) His father.
(b) The queen.
(c) The prince.
(d) The page boy.
2. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
3. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
4. In "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!" for whom does the King want to find a spouse?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His maid.
(d) His wife.
5. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) She will have a baby.
(b) Rain will come.
(c) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
(d) Her husband will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
2. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
3. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
4. What is the secret to knowledge according to "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
5. In "Catherine, Sly Country Lass," how does Catherine trick the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman in "The Dream House" discover about the house she dream about?
2. Why does no one want to be around the bad wife in the story "The Bad Wife"? Who ends up with her at the end?
3. In the story "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," how does the young boy find the buried girl?
4. Why do the townspeople in "Chelm Justice" not want to hang the shoe mender?
5. How does the dragon in the story "The Longwitton Dragon" protect himself?
6. Into what does the oldest man in "The Seventh Father of the House"' fit?
7. Why does the Hodja walk out of the service the first time in "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit "?
8. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
9. Describe the game of hide and seek that Art plays with the Giant in the story "The King of Ireland's Son."
10. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)