|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The beggar's coat.
(b) The queen's crown.
(c) The prince's robe.
(d) The parson's clothes.
2. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
(c) American Indians.
3. In "Catherine, Sly Country Lass," how does Catherine trick the king?
(a) She poisons him.
(b) She lies.
(c) She swaps marbles.
(d) She gets him drunk.
4. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She has nine children.
(b) She marries the king.
(c) She becomes famous.
(d) She is murdered.
5. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) A wand.
(b) A broom.
(c) A cauldron.
(d) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
2. In "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" what other role does the queen play?
3. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
4. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
5. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail."
2. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
3. How does the dragon in the story "The Longwitton Dragon" protect himself?
4. Who marries the princess in "Crack and Crook"? Why?
5. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
6. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
7. Why does the rich man in "Lazy Jack" give his daughter to Jack in marriage?
8. Who do the three brothers try to trick in "The Tall Tales" and why? What becomes of the brothers?
9. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
10. How does the young boy trick the king in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)