|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The queen.
(b) The sexton.
(c) The king.
(d) The parson.
2. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) The sky king.
(b) A prince.
(c) A king.
(d) The earth king.
3. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She marries the king.
(b) She becomes famous.
(c) She is murdered.
(d) She has nine children.
4. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
5. Where did "The Man Who Had No Story" originate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
2. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
3. In what country did "Merry Prank" originate?
4. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
5. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the parson trade clothes with the sexton in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
2. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
3. How does the guard lie to the king in the story "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer"?
4. How does the young boy trick the king in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
5. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
6. Why does the rich man in "Lazy Jack" give his daughter to Jack in marriage?
7. How does the dragon in the story "The Longwitton Dragon" protect himself?
8. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
9. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
10. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)