|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "The Man Who Had No Story" originate?
2. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
(a) A beggar's house.
(b) An ogre's house.
(c) A witch's house.
(d) A robber's house.
3. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Make them some dinner.
(b) Sing them a song.
(c) Tell them a fairytell.
(d) Milk their cow.
4. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," why does Hodja say he can't return the original item?
(a) It had a baby.
(b) It broke.
(c) He lost it.
(d) It decided to live with him.
5. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
2. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
3. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
4. What must the servant in "Helping to Lie'" help his master do?
5. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
2. Describe the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail."
3. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
4. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
5. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
6. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
7. Who marries the princess in "Crack and Crook"? Why?
8. How are the sea creatures created in "Sedna"?
9. Who do the three brothers try to trick in "The Tall Tales" and why? What becomes of the brothers?
10. What does the sky god in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" want in exchange for stories?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)