|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the king forced to do for an eternity at the end of "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) Play guitar.
(b) Lift logs.
2. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To show that girls can do anything.
(b) To help her parents.
(c) To win the heart of a prince.
(d) To pay off a debt.
3. What contest must suitors enter in "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!"?
(a) They must be completely honest.
(b) They must flatter the King's daughter.
(c) They must outlie the King's daughter.
(d) They must outlie the King's son.
4. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
(a) He does not need to lie.
(b) He need not tell outlandish stories.
(c) He should marry.
(d) He should not tell the truth.
5. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) Wasis does not respond..
(b) Wasis hits Glooscap.
(c) Wasis screams.
(d) Wasis recites poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
2. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
3. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
4. Who tries to marry Sedna?
5. What happens to the girl at the house she visits accidentally in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
2. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
3. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
4. What does the sky god in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" want in exchange for stories?
5. What does the man put in his trunk in "The Prayer that was Answered"? What does he discover in his trunk when he arrives home?
6. How are the sea creatures created in "Sedna"?
7. Describe the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail."
8. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
9. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
10. What is wrong with Mr. Fox in the story "Mr. Fox"?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)