|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did "Merry Prank" originate?
2. In "The Three Sillies," what does the maiden weep over in the basement?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A dying bird.
(c) A screwdriver.
(d) A mallet.
3. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is wet.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is dry.
(d) It is muddy.
4. What do the animals decide to buy in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) A hoe.
(b) A bone.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tractor.
5. Where does Quevedo grab the king in "Quevedo and the King"?
(a) On the his face.
(b) On the leg.
(c) Between the legs.
(d) On the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
2. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
3. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
4. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
5. The man in "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," is turned into _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail."
2. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
3. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
4. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
5. Into what does the oldest man in "The Seventh Father of the House"' fit?
6. How does Catherine trick her husband in "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
7. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
8. What did the infant child in "The Two Pickpockets" steal from the midwife?
9. What does the man put in his trunk in "The Prayer that was Answered"? What does he discover in his trunk when he arrives home?
10. How are the sea creatures created in "Sedna"?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)