|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(a) The boy will marry the prince.
(b) The girl will overthrow the queen.
(c) The girl will marry the princess.
(d) The boy will overthrow the king.
2. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
(a) The reader.
(b) His students.
(c) His congregation.
(d) His parents.
3. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
(a) His father.
(b) The queen.
(c) The page boy.
(d) The prince.
4. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) The girl will marry the queen.
(b) The boy will marry the princess.
(c) The boy will marry the queen.
(d) The girl will murder the king.
5. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A boar.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
2. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
3. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
4. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
5. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Hodja walk out of the service the first time in "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit "?
2. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
3. Who do the three brothers try to trick in "The Tall Tales" and why? What becomes of the brothers?
4. How does the young boy trick the king in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
5. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
6. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
7. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
8. Why did the parson trade clothes with the sexton in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
9. Who marries the princess in "Crack and Crook"? Why?
10. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)