|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(a) Little boys.
(c) Little girls.
2. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A fox.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A boar.
(d) A dog.
3. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
(a) A chieftan.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The mayor.
4. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
5. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He lives forever.
(b) He is eaten by a bear.
(c) He is eaten by a tiger.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
2. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
3. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
4. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
5. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," how does the Hodja manage to keep the cauldron?
2. How does the guard lie to the king in the story "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer"?
3. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
4. What is wrong with Mr. Fox in the story "Mr. Fox"?
5. How does the young boy trick the king in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
6. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
7. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
8. How are the sea creatures created in "Sedna"?
9. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
10. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)