|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(d) Circus clowns.
2. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
(a) Find food.
(b) Win riches.
(c) Save her family.
(d) Fall in love.
3. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) He didn't become king.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He lives alone.
(d) He defeated everyone.
4. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) A cauldron.
(b) A fish.
(c) A broom.
(d) A wand.
5. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) Five thieves.
(b) A king and a queen.
(c) Three brothers.
(d) Two sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
2. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
3. Where did "The King's Favorite" originate?
4. The man in "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," is turned into _______________.
5. Who tries to marry Sedna?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
2. Into what does the oldest man in "The Seventh Father of the House"' fit?
3. What does the man put in his trunk in "The Prayer that was Answered"? What does he discover in his trunk when he arrives home?
4. Why does the Hodja walk out of the service the first time in "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit "?
5. Why do the townspeople in "Chelm Justice" not want to hang the shoe mender?
6. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
7. What did the infant child in "The Two Pickpockets" steal from the midwife?
8. What does the sky god in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" want in exchange for stories?
9. How does the young boy trick the king in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
10. Why does "The King's Favorite" fall from grace?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)