|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His children.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
2. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) Wasis recites poetry.
(b) Wasis screams.
(c) Wasis does not respond..
(d) Wasis hits Glooscap.
3. What happens in "The Brewery of Eggshells" when the woman performs the test on her child?
(a) The baby talks.
(b) Snow falls.
(c) The sky darkens.
(d) The baby dies.
4. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) He gets to marry her.
(c) A cow.
(d) He gets to kiss her.
5. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
(a) The queen.
(b) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
2. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
3. What is the king forced to do for an eternity at the end of "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
4. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
5. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Hodja walk out of the service the first time in "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit "?
2. Whom does the imp possess in "The Brewery of Eggshells"?
3. How does Catherine trick her husband in "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
4. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
5. What does the sky god in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" want in exchange for stories?
6. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
7. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
8. Why do the townspeople in "Chelm Justice" not want to hang the shoe mender?
9. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
10. What is wrong with Mr. Fox in the story "Mr. Fox"?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)