|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
(a) Their boss.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Their wives.
2. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
(a) She poaches eggs.
(b) She paints eggshells.
(c) She makes an omelette.
(d) She brews eggshells.
3. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
(a) She spends his money.
(b) She disobeys him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She overrules him.
4. What is "The Fly" about?
(b) Forgiving debt.
5. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
(a) A photo of his sister.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cross.
(d) A photo of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
2. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
3. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
4. What contest must suitors enter in "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!"?
5. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the three brothers try to trick in "The Tall Tales" and why? What becomes of the brothers?
2. The king wants to decide who is more clever in "Merry Prank." Which characters are considered by the king? Who is victorious?
3. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
4. How does the hare anger the other animals in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
5. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
6. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
7. In the story "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," how does the young boy find the buried girl?
8. What does the town do in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent" to repay the girl for slaying the serpent?
9. What does the servant tell his lord at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
10. Why did the parson trade clothes with the sexton in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)