|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(c) Little boys.
(d) Little girls.
2. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) Three brothers.
(b) A king and a queen.
(c) Two sisters.
(d) Five thieves.
3. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His children.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
4. What contest must suitors enter in "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!"?
(a) They must outlie the King's daughter.
(b) They must be completely honest.
(c) They must flatter the King's daughter.
(d) They must outlie the King's son.
5. In "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," what does the man refuse to say?
(a) Thank you.
(b) God willing.
(c) Good bye.
(d) I love you.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wagging My Tail in the Mud," what animal is happiest wagging it's tail?
2. What is the occupation of the man who commits a crime in "Chelm Justice"?
3. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
4. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
5. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," why does Hodja say he can't return the original item?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine trick her husband in "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
2. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
3. In the story "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," how does the young boy find the buried girl?
4. What does the man put in his trunk in "The Prayer that was Answered"? What does he discover in his trunk when he arrives home?
5. Why are the girl and her family crying in "The Three Sillies"?
6. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
7. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
8. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
9. What makes the poet in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud" truly happy?
10. Why do the townspeople in "Chelm Justice" not want to hang the shoe mender?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)