|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
(a) He moves far away.
(b) He murders the king.
(c) He marries the princess.
(d) He dies.
2. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A god.
(d) A banker.
3. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A king.
(b) A prince.
(c) A count.
(d) A queen.
4. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
(a) In her home.
(b) On her throne.
(c) In a trunk.
(d) In a hospital.
5. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is muddy.
(b) It is wet.
(c) It is dry.
(d) It is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Quevedo grab the king in "Quevedo and the King"?
2. In "The Longwitton Dragon," why can the knight not slay the dragon?
3. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
4. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
5. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," how does the Hodja manage to keep the cauldron?
2. What happens after the men visit the Chief in "Talk"?
3. In "Glooscap and the Baby" how does the baby defeat Glooscap?
4. Why is the king in "Quevedo and the King" mad at Quevedo?
5. How does the young boy trick the king in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
6. Why do the townspeople in "Chelm Justice" not want to hang the shoe mender?
7. What is the pact that the two men make in "One Night in Paradise"? Do they follow through on the pact?
8. Why is no one in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" allowed to say the word five?
9. Describe how men and women came together in "How Men and Women Got Together."
10. How does the "The Man Who Had No Story" get a story?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)