|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first brother rewarded when he gives the women a line to their song in "The Two Hunchbacks"?
(a) The give him magical powers.
(b) They give him their daughter.
(c) They give him gold.
(d) They remove his hump.
2. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
3. What does Visilisa's mother give to her in 'Visilisa the Beautiful' ?
(a) A pet fish.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A doll.
(d) A horse.
4. What does the man and his children throw into the sea at the end of "The Seal's Skin"?
5. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
6. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He becomes a sultan.
(c) He is eaten.
(d) He flies away.
7. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
(c) A son.
(d) A daughter.
8. Why can't the son in "Lost Horse" go to war?
(a) He lost his horse.
(b) He broke his hip.
(c) His dad said no.
(d) He is too young.
9. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
(a) A jail.
(b) An island.
(c) A hole.
(d) A tower.
10. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
(a) Farm Animals.
(b) Happy children.
11. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
(a) The coyote.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The bear.
(d) The dog.
12. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Eight days.
13. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
14. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
(a) Sues him.
(b) Teases him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Shoots him.
15. What is Bridget supposed to find at the castle in 'Bridget and the Lurikeen'?
(a) Her prince.
(b) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
2. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
3. Where does the man go to find his wife in "The Spirit Wife"?
4. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
5. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)