|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable is the man tending to at the start of "Talk"?
2. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A stone.
(c) A chain.
(d) A necktie.
3. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
(a) A daughter.
(c) A son.
4. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(a) A toe nail.
(c) Her beak.
5. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
(a) The prince.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her maid-in-waiting.
(d) The queen.
6. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
(b) Farm Animals.
(c) Happy children.
7. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
(c) Hide and Seek.
8. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
(a) She dreams of a house.
(b) Her job.
(c) She marries her husband.
(d) Her life.
9. Where does the man go to find his wife in "The Spirit Wife"?
(b) The spirit world.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The sea.
10. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
(a) The gold is actually silver.
(b) Her family is not waiting.
(c) The castle is not on fire.
(d) Her prince is a frog.
11. Where does Orpheus travel to sing songs of Eurydice?
(a) The land of the dead.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The mountains.
12. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
13. In "Talk," who sends the frightened men away?
(a) The police.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A priest.
(d) The chief.
14. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
(a) A jail.
(b) A tower.
(c) A hole.
(d) An island.
15. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
2. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
3. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
4. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
5. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)