|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
(b) A daughter.
(d) A son.
2. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A set of china.
(b) A magical lamp.
(c) A magical carpet.
(d) A magical book.
3. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
(a) At her parent's farm.
(b) The road.
(c) The river.
(d) On her porch.
4. Who frees the devil from Katcha's clutches?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A princess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A beggar.
5. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
(a) A fish.
(b) A suitor.
(c) A gnome.
(d) A Lurikeen.
6. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
7. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
8. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
9. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
(a) She divorces.
(b) She is bitten by a dog.
(c) She is bitten by a snake.
(d) She loses his home.
10. What does Visilisa keep in her pocket until she dies?
(a) A letter.
(b) A doll.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A coin.
11. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) His ears are pulled.
(b) His ears are boxed.
(c) His fingers are broken.
(d) He is spanked.
12. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
(a) The gold is actually silver.
(b) The castle is not on fire.
(c) Her prince is a frog.
(d) Her family is not waiting.
13. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be powerful.
(b) To be handsome.
(c) To be wealthy.
(d) To be mean.
14. In "Talk" something frightens the men. What frightens them?
(a) The sky speaks to them.
(b) Their objects talk.
(c) The water speaks to them.
(d) Ghosts speak to them.
15. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
(a) A pig.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
2. What does the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil," challenge his student to do?
3. The young man loses his prize horse in "Lost Horse." What does does his father think about this?
4. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
5. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)