|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
2. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Young girls.
(c) Common Sense.
3. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
(a) A dragon.
(b) A goat.
(c) A pig.
(d) A horse.
4. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
5. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
(a) A coin.
(b) A wafer.
(c) A candle.
(d) A Bible.
6. What is the origin of the story "The Finn Messenger"?
7. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be handsome.
(b) To be mean.
(c) To be wealthy.
(d) To be powerful.
8. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Three days.
9. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
10. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For an education.
(b) For love.
(c) For power.
(d) For money.
11. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
(a) The rich man's food.
12. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
(a) Texas wasn't what they expected.
(b) She haunts the house.
(c) They don't love each other.
(d) They are pregnant.
13. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She dies.
(b) She kills him.
(c) She flies away.
(d) She marries him.
14. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
15. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orpheus travel to sing songs of Eurydice?
2. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
3. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
4. What does Visilisa keep in her pocket until she dies?
5. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)