|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He flies away.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He becomes a sultan.
(d) He is eaten.
2. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
3. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A set of china.
(b) A magical book.
(c) A magical carpet.
(d) A magical lamp.
4. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
(a) The coyote.
(b) The bear.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The dog.
5. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A witch.
(b) A princesss.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A queen.
6. Who frees the devil from Katcha's clutches?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A princess.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A queen.
7. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
8. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
9. In "Talk" something frightens the men. What frightens them?
(a) The water speaks to them.
(b) The sky speaks to them.
(c) Ghosts speak to them.
(d) Their objects talk.
10. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) He is spanked.
(b) His ears are boxed.
(c) His fingers are broken.
(d) His ears are pulled.
11. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
12. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) A mother.
(b) The devil.
(c) A child.
(d) A beggar.
13. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
14. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
(a) Her prince is a frog.
(b) Her family is not waiting.
(c) The castle is not on fire.
(d) The gold is actually silver.
15. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A fish.
(c) A suitor.
(d) A Lurikeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
2. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
3. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
4. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
5. In "Talk," who sends the frightened men away?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)