|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A chain.
(c) A stone.
(d) A necktie.
2. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(b) Her beak.
(d) A toe nail.
3. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
4. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A goat.
5. In "Talk," who sends the frightened men away?
(a) A priest.
(b) A teacher.
(c) The police.
(d) The chief.
6. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He is eaten.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He becomes a sultan.
(d) He leaves town.
7. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She kills him.
(b) She dies.
(c) She marries him.
(d) She flies away.
8. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
(b) The rich man's food.
9. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
10. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
(a) Her job.
(b) She marries her husband.
(c) She dreams of a house.
(d) Her life.
11. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
(a) They are burned.
(b) Each one marries a prince.
(c) They are turned into flowers.
(d) They are banished from the kingdom.
12. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
(a) The river.
(b) At her parent's farm.
(c) On her porch.
(d) The road.
13. What is Bridget supposed to find at the castle in 'Bridget and the Lurikeen'?
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her prince.
14. What does Visilisa keep in her pocket until she dies?
(a) A coin.
(b) A doll.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A letter.
15. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(a) A pitchfork.
(c) A child.
(d) A piece of coal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
2. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
3. Where does the man go to find his wife in "The Spirit Wife"?
4. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
5. Why can't the son in "Lost Horse" go to war?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)