|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young man loses his prize horse in "Lost Horse." What does does his father think about this?
(a) He's indifferent.
(b) He is very upset.
(c) It's a blessing.
(d) It was unavoidable.
2. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
(a) 300 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 50 years.
3. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
4. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
(a) Her life.
(b) She marries her husband.
(c) Her job.
(d) She dreams of a house.
5. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
6. Where did "The Princess on the Glass Hill" ' originate?
(a) South Africa.
7. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
8. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her stepmother.
9. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Young girls.
(b) Common Sense.
10. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A queen.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A witch.
(d) A princesss.
11. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(b) A piece of coal.
(c) A child.
(d) A pitchfork.
12. What does Visilisa keep in her pocket until she dies?
(a) A coin.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A letter.
(d) A doll.
13. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
(a) Hide and Seek.
14. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
(a) The dog.
(b) The bear.
(c) The coyote.
(d) The tiger.
15. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
2. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
3. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
4. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
5. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)