|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For an education.
(b) For money.
(c) For power.
(d) For love.
2. Where did "The Princess on the Glass Hill" ' originate?
(d) South Africa.
3. Which member of the family in "A Pretty Girl in the Road" died previously?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their father.
4. What does the doctor in "The Doctor and His Pupil," challenge his student to do?
(a) Make a wish.
(c) Perform surgery.
(d) Cast spells.
5. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
(a) They are banished from the kingdom.
(b) They are turned into flowers.
(c) Each one marries a prince.
(d) They are burned.
6. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
7. What does Visilisa's mother give to her in 'Visilisa the Beautiful' ?
(a) A pet fish.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A horse.
(d) A doll.
8. What does the man and his children throw into the sea at the end of "The Seal's Skin"?
9. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
(b) Read poetry.
(c) Be merry.
10. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
(b) The rich man's food.
11. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
(a) A tower.
(b) A hole.
(c) An island.
(d) A jail.
12. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
13. In "The Spirit Wife," why can the man not touch his wife?
(a) He'll die.
(b) She'll die.
(c) A great earthquake will occur.
(d) He will collapse into dust.
14. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Eight days.
15. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
(b) Farm Animals.
(d) Happy children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orpheus travel to sing songs of Eurydice?
2. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
3. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
4. Why can't the son in "Lost Horse" go to war?
5. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)