|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
2. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) The devil.
(b) His wife.
(c) The king.
3. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
(a) To be friends forever.
(b) To be buried together.
(c) To be the other's best man.
(d) To marry the other's wife should one die.
4. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
5. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) His ears are pulled.
(b) He is spanked.
(c) His ears are boxed.
(d) His fingers are broken.
6. What does Visilisa's mother give to her in 'Visilisa the Beautiful' ?
(a) A horse.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pet fish.
(d) A doll.
7. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Two days.
8. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
(a) His children.
(b) His house.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father-in-law.
9. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(c) Trips down the river.
10. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He becomes a sultan.
(c) He flies away.
(d) He is eaten.
11. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
12. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
13. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(a) A child.
(b) A piece of coal.
(d) A pitchfork.
14. What does Visilisa keep in her pocket until she dies?
(a) A doll.
(b) A coin.
(c) A letter.
(d) A jewel.
15. What is the origin of the story "The Finn Messenger"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who frees the devil from Katcha's clutches?
2. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
3. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
4. What does the man and his children throw into the sea at the end of "The Seal's Skin"?
5. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)