|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
(a) Her maid-in-waiting.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The queen.
(d) The prince.
2. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
(a) 10 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 300 years.
3. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
4. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(a) A piece of coal.
(b) A pitchfork.
(d) A child.
5. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
(a) Farm Animals.
(b) Happy children.
6. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
7. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father-in-law.
(c) His house.
(d) His children.
8. Who frees the devil from Katcha's clutches?
(a) A queen.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A princess.
9. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For money.
(b) For an education.
(c) For power.
(d) For love.
10. What vegetable is the man tending to at the start of "Talk"?
11. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
(a) Her family is not waiting.
(b) Her prince is a frog.
(c) The gold is actually silver.
(d) The castle is not on fire.
12. What is Bridget supposed to find at the castle in 'Bridget and the Lurikeen'?
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her prince.
13. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She marries him.
(b) She dies.
(c) She kills him.
(d) She flies away.
14. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A Lurikeen.
(c) A suitor.
(d) A fish.
15. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
(a) She is bitten by a snake.
(b) She is bitten by a dog.
(c) She loses his home.
(d) She divorces.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Talk," who sends the frightened men away?
2. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
3. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
4. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
5. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)