|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(c) Trips down the river.
2. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
3. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) The devil.
(b) A child.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A mother.
4. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
(a) They are burned.
(b) Each one marries a prince.
(c) They are turned into flowers.
(d) They are banished from the kingdom.
5. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
(a) His children.
(b) His house.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father-in-law.
6. Where did "The Princess on the Glass Hill" ' originate?
(b) South Africa.
7. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
(a) The tiger.
(b) The coyote.
(c) The dog.
(d) The bear.
8. "The King of Ireland's Son'' is about _____________.
(a) The oldest prince.
(b) The youngest prince.
(c) The most handsome prince.
(d) The middle-aged prince.
9. What is the origin of the story "The Finn Messenger"?
10. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(c) A toe nail.
(d) Her beak.
11. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Young girls.
(b) Common Sense.
12. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
(a) Read poetry.
(d) Be merry.
13. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A queen.
(b) A witch.
(c) A princesss.
(d) An ogre.
14. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
(a) Her prince is a frog.
(b) The castle is not on fire.
(c) The gold is actually silver.
(d) Her family is not waiting.
15. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
2. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
3. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
4. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
5. At the end of "The Goose Girl," what happens to the maid-in-waiting?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)