|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
2. In "The Spirit Wife," why can the man not touch his wife?
(a) She'll die.
(b) He will collapse into dust.
(c) A great earthquake will occur.
(d) He'll die.
3. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
4. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) His wife.
(c) The devil.
(d) The king.
5. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A wafer.
(c) A candle.
(d) A coin.
6. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are banished from the kingdom.
(c) Each one marries a prince.
(d) They are turned into flowers.
7. Where do the husband and wife move to in "The Dream House"?
8. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her stepmother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
9. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) He is spanked.
(b) His ears are boxed.
(c) His ears are pulled.
(d) His fingers are broken.
10. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(c) Trips down the river.
11. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
(a) The dog.
(b) The bear.
(c) The coyote.
(d) The tiger.
12. What is Bridget supposed to find at the castle in 'Bridget and the Lurikeen'?
(b) Her prince.
(c) Her parents.
13. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
(b) Happy children.
(d) Farm Animals.
14. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
(a) The castle is not on fire.
(b) Her prince is a frog.
(c) The gold is actually silver.
(d) Her family is not waiting.
15. From what country does the story "The Peasant and the Devil" originate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
2. What vegetable is the man tending to at the start of "Talk"?
3. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
4. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
5. What does the man and his children throw into the sea at the end of "The Seal's Skin"?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)