|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) A mother.
(b) A child.
(c) A beggar.
(d) The devil.
2. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
(a) Texas wasn't what they expected.
(b) They are pregnant.
(c) She haunts the house.
(d) They don't love each other.
3. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A magical lamp.
(b) A magical book.
(c) A magical carpet.
(d) A set of china.
4. In "The Spirit Wife," why can the man not touch his wife?
(a) He'll die.
(b) A great earthquake will occur.
(c) She'll die.
(d) He will collapse into dust.
5. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
6. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
7. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
(b) Read poetry.
(c) Be merry.
8. What does the man and his children throw into the sea at the end of "The Seal's Skin"?
9. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
(a) She marries her husband.
(b) Her job.
(c) She dreams of a house.
(d) Her life.
10. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
(a) She is bitten by a dog.
(b) She loses his home.
(c) She is bitten by a snake.
(d) She divorces.
11. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
12. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) His fingers are broken.
(b) His ears are pulled.
(c) His ears are boxed.
(d) He is spanked.
13. What does Visilisa's mother give to her in 'Visilisa the Beautiful' ?
(a) A horse.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pet fish.
(d) A doll.
14. At the end of "One Night in Paradise," the friend realizes he's been gone for ____________.
(a) 10 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 300 years.
15. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A princesss.
(b) A queen.
(c) An ogre.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
2. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
3. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
4. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
5. Where did "The Princess on the Glass Hill" ' originate?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)