|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the story "The Finn Messenger"?
2. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
(a) A Lurikeen.
(b) A gnome.
(c) A suitor.
(d) A fish.
3. Where does Orpheus travel to sing songs of Eurydice?
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The land of the dead.
4. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
(a) Sues him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Teases him.
(d) Shoots him.
5. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
6. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
(a) A jail.
(b) An island.
(c) A hole.
(d) A tower.
7. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(b) A toe nail.
(d) Her beak.
8. What vegetable is the man tending to at the start of "Talk"?
9. How long does the fisherman have to live in "Then the Merman Laughed"?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
10. In "The Peasant and the Devil," what do the devil and peasant agree to split?
11. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A witch.
(b) A princesss.
(c) A queen.
(d) An ogre.
12. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be powerful.
(b) To be wealthy.
(c) To be mean.
(d) To be handsome.
13. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
14. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) She does the opposite of what he says.
(b) She beats him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She loves him.
15. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A magical carpet.
(b) A magical lamp.
(c) A set of china.
(d) A magical book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
2. What does Visilisa's mother give to her in 'Visilisa the Beautiful' ?
3. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
4. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
5. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)