|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A magical book.
(b) A set of china.
(c) A magical carpet.
(d) A magical lamp.
2. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
3. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Teases him.
(d) Sues him.
4. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For power.
(b) For an education.
(c) For money.
(d) For love.
5. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
6. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A giant.
(d) A witch.
7. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
(a) The rich man's food.
8. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(b) A pitchfork.
(c) A piece of coal.
(d) A child.
9. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
(a) Her maid-in-waiting.
(b) The queen.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The prince.
10. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
(a) She haunts the house.
(b) They don't love each other.
(c) Texas wasn't what they expected.
(d) They are pregnant.
11. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
(b) His wife.
(c) The king.
(d) The devil.
12. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her stepmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
13. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
(a) A queen.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A princesss.
(d) A witch.
14. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
15. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
(a) To marry the other's wife should one die.
(b) To be the other's best man.
(c) To be buried together.
(d) To be friends forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
2. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
3. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
4. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
5. At the end of "The Goose Girl," what happens to the maid-in-waiting?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)