|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A magical book.
(b) A magical carpet.
(c) A magical lamp.
(d) A set of china.
2. What happens to Eurydice after his marriage in "Orpheus and Eurydice"?
(a) She divorces.
(b) She is bitten by a dog.
(c) She loses his home.
(d) She is bitten by a snake.
3. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
4. Who threatens the girl at the start of "The Goose Girl"?
(a) The queen.
(b) The prince.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her maid-in-waiting.
5. How is the first brother rewarded when he gives the women a line to their song in "The Two Hunchbacks"?
(a) They give him their daughter.
(b) They remove his hump.
(c) The give him magical powers.
(d) They give him gold.
6. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
7. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Teases him.
(d) Sues him.
8. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He becomes a sultan.
(d) He is eaten.
9. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(a) A child.
(b) A pitchfork.
(c) A piece of coal.
10. What does the poor man want to smell in "Rich Man, Poor Man"?
(a) The rich man's food.
11. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
(b) His wife.
(c) The devil.
(d) The king.
12. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
(a) On her porch.
(b) At her parent's farm.
(c) The road.
(d) The river.
13. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be powerful.
(b) To be wealthy.
(c) To be handsome.
(d) To be mean.
14. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A candle.
(c) A wafer.
(d) A coin.
15. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
(a) The dog.
(b) The bear.
(c) The coyote.
(d) The tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the husband in "The Bad Wife," put his wife?
2. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
3. Where did "The Princess on the Glass Hill" ' originate?
4. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
5. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)