|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She dies.
(b) She flies away.
(c) She kills him.
(d) She marries him.
2. What does the princess promise to give birth to in "The Promises of the Three Sisters"?
(a) A son.
(d) A daughter.
3. In "Wicked John and the Devil" what does the devil give to John?
(a) A child.
(b) A piece of coal.
(d) A pitchfork.
4. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. At the end of "The Goose Girl," what happens to the maid-in-waiting?
(a) She marries the king.
(b) A spell is cast upon her.
(c) She is sentenced to death.
(d) She marries the prince.
6. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
(a) At her parent's farm.
(b) The river.
(c) The road.
(d) On her porch.
7. In "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka," the brother turns into _____________.
(a) A dragon.
(b) A pig.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
8. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For money.
(b) For love.
(c) For an education.
(d) For power.
9. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
10. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
(a) She haunts the house.
(b) They are pregnant.
(c) They don't love each other.
(d) Texas wasn't what they expected.
11. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) The devil.
(b) His wife.
(d) The king.
12. In "The Doctor and His Pupil," what must the boy dust?
(a) A magical book.
(b) A magical carpet.
(c) A magical lamp.
(d) A set of china.
13. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
(a) A witch.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A giant.
14. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Young girls.
(c) Common Sense.
15. Which member of the family in "A Pretty Girl in the Road" died previously?
(a) Their son.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Truth look in "Truth and Falsehood"?
2. Why can't the son in "Lost Horse" go to war?
3. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
4. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
5. In "The Well-Baked Man," what animal distracts the magician from his task?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)