|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Spirit Wife," why can the man not touch his wife?
(a) A great earthquake will occur.
(b) He will collapse into dust.
(c) She'll die.
(d) He'll die.
2. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
(b) Read poetry.
(c) Be merry.
3. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) His wife.
(c) The king.
(d) The devil.
4. What does the Rabbi in "It Could Always Be Worse" tell the men to bring into his home?
(a) Farm Animals.
(c) Happy children.
5. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Young girls.
(c) Common Sense.
6. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
7. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Sues him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Hits him.
8. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
(c) Hide and Seek.
9. Where does the man meet the girl he falls in love with in "A Pretty Girl in the Road"?
(a) On her porch.
(b) The river.
(c) The road.
(d) At her parent's farm.
10. What does the man steal from the swan in "The Swan-Maiden"?
(a) A toe nail.
(c) Her beak.
11. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For love.
(b) For an education.
(c) For money.
(d) For power.
12. What is the woman whom the man discovers in "The Seal's Skin" doing?
13. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
14. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To be mean.
(c) To be powerful.
(d) To be handsome.
15. In "The Swan-Maiden," what happens when the man returns the stolen item to the swan?
(a) She flies away.
(b) She dies.
(c) She kills him.
(d) She marries him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Goose Girl," what happens to the maid-in-waiting?
2. How does the wife treat her husband in "The Bad Wife"?
3. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
4. In "Talk," who sends the frightened men away?
5. Who is the main character of ''The Princess on the Glass Hill"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)