|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer put in his pocket at the end of "The Lawyer and the Devil"?
(a) A wafer.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A coin.
(d) A candle.
2. Who frees the devil from Katcha's clutches?
(a) A queen.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A princess.
3. With whom does the husband become partners in "The Bad Wife"?
(a) His wife.
(b) The king.
(c) The devil.
4. Where did "The Princess on the Glass Hill" ' originate?
(c) South Africa.
5. What becomes a joke to the woman in "The Dream House"?
(a) She marries her husband.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her job.
(d) She dreams of a house.
6. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
(a) A suitor.
(b) A fish.
(c) A Lurikeen.
(d) A gnome.
7. At the end of "The Dream House," what do the husband and wife discover?
(a) They don't love each other.
(b) Texas wasn't what they expected.
(c) They are pregnant.
(d) She haunts the house.
8. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a vault.
9. In "The Spirit Wife," why can the man not touch his wife?
(a) She'll die.
(b) He will collapse into dust.
(c) He'll die.
(d) A great earthquake will occur.
10. In "Rich Man, Poor Man," what does the rich man do to the poor man?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Teases him.
(d) Sues him.
11. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
(c) Hide and Seek.
12. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(a) Trips down the river.
13. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He is eaten.
(b) He flies away.
(c) He becomes a sultan.
(d) He leaves town.
14. How is the first brother rewarded when he gives the women a line to their song in "The Two Hunchbacks"?
(a) They remove his hump.
(b) The give him magical powers.
(c) They give him gold.
(d) They give him their daughter.
15. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For love.
(b) For money.
(c) For an education.
(d) For power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man and his children throw into the sea at the end of "The Seal's Skin"?
2. Where does the man go to find his wife in "The Spirit Wife"?
3. What vegetable is the man tending to at the start of "Talk"?
4. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
5. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)