|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(b) Trips down the river.
2. What does Anansi want to gather up in "Getting Common Sense"?
(a) Common Sense.
(c) Young girls.
3. From what country did the story "The Seal's Skin" originate?
4. What does John wish for in the story "Wicked John and the Devil"?
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To be handsome.
(c) To be powerful.
(d) To be mean.
5. From what country does the story "A Pretty Girl in the Road" originate?
6. Where does Orpheus travel to sing songs of Eurydice?
(a) The mountains.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) The land of the dead.
7. The young man loses his prize horse in "Lost Horse." What does does his father think about this?
(a) He is very upset.
(b) It was unavoidable.
(c) He's indifferent.
(d) It's a blessing.
8. What creature must Art beat in "The King of Ireland's Son"?
(a) A giant.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A witch.
9. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
(a) A Lurikeen.
(b) A fish.
(c) A gnome.
(d) A suitor.
10. What happens to the doctor at the end of "The Doctor and His Pupil"?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He is eaten.
(c) He becomes a sultan.
(d) He flies away.
11. What does the witch tie to the sister's neck in "Sister Alionushka, Brother Ivanushka"?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A stone.
(c) A chain.
(d) A jewel.
12. What is the origin of the story "The Finn Messenger"?
13. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
14. In the story "Visilisa the Beautiful," from whom does Visilisa try to escape?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her stepmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
15. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
2. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
3. What is the true identity of the brother's wife in "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot"?
4. What pact do the two friends make in "One Night in Paradise"?
5. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)