|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"originate?
(b) St. Thomas.
2. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(c) Little boys.
(d) Little girls.
3. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
(a) He moves far away.
(b) He marries the princess.
(c) He murders the king.
(d) He dies.
4. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) Rain will come.
(b) Her husband will die.
(c) She will have a baby.
(d) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
5. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is a woman.
(c) He is already married.
(d) He is a murderer.
6. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(a) Circus clowns.
7. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
(a) He has a cleft lip.
(b) He has eleven toes.
(c) He has no eyelids.
(d) His hand is curled tight.
8. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) He defeated everyone.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He lives alone.
(d) He didn't become king.
9. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
10. What happens to the girl at the house she visits accidentally in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows"?
(a) She drinks some tea.
(b) Her face is ripped off.
(c) She is attacked by wolves.
(d) She has dinner.
11. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
(a) She disobeys him.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She spends his money.
(d) She overrules him.
12. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A prince.
(b) A queen.
(c) A count.
(d) A king.
13. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
(a) A cow.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) A horse.
(d) A handsome man.
14. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
15. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
(a) Whom to marry.
(b) Whom to appoint as an advisor.
(c) Whom to give his kingdom.
(d) Whom to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
2. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
3. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
4. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
5. How are the pickpockets related in "The Two Pickpockets"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)