|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He defeated everyone.
(c) He didn't become king.
(d) He lives alone.
2. In "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" what other role does the queen play?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She is a seamstress.
(c) She is a poet.
(d) She is a knight.
3. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
(a) The child does not speak.
(b) The child can only sing.
(c) The child ages 15 years.
(d) The child falls into a deep slumber.
4. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) A fish.
(b) A cauldron.
(c) A wand.
(d) A broom.
5. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
(a) He has no eyelids.
(b) He has eleven toes.
(c) His hand is curled tight.
(d) He has a cleft lip.
6. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The queen's crown.
(b) The prince's robe.
(c) The beggar's coat.
(d) The parson's clothes.
7. What must the servant in "Helping to Lie'" help his master do?
8. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
(a) A witch's house.
(b) An ogre's house.
(c) A robber's house.
(d) A beggar's house.
9. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) A cow.
(b) He gets to marry her.
(c) He gets to kiss her.
10. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
11. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She becomes famous.
(c) She marries the king.
(d) She has nine children.
12. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
(a) Save her family.
(b) Win riches.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Find food.
13. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A job.
(d) A new bride.
14. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
15. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
(a) A chieftan.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
2. What does Hodja tell the owner happened to the second item he borrowed in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
3. What transports Brian to a far away land in "The Man Who Had No Story"?
4. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
5. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)