|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
2. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She has nine children.
(c) She marries the king.
(d) She becomes famous.
3. What is "The Fly" about?
(b) Forgiving debt.
4. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
5. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
(a) The child ages 15 years.
(b) The child can only sing.
(c) The child does not speak.
(d) The child falls into a deep slumber.
6. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) A king.
(b) The earth king.
(c) A prince.
(d) The sky king.
7. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
(a) Quevedo is lazy.
(b) Quevedo plots to kill the king.
(c) Quevedo plays pranks.
(d) Quevedo kisses the queen.
8. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) They never lie again.
(b) They pay 5,000 dollars.
(c) They chop off their left hand.
(d) They leave the country.
9. What happens to the girl at the house she visits accidentally in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows"?
(a) She drinks some tea.
(b) She has dinner.
(c) Her face is ripped off.
(d) She is attacked by wolves.
10. How are the pickpockets related in "The Two Pickpockets"?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are father and son.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are married.
11. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
(a) He misses her.
(b) He doesn't find anyone sillier then she is.
(c) He finds people sillier then she is.
(d) A witch forces him to return.
12. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) Two sisters.
(b) Three brothers.
(c) A king and a queen.
(d) Five thieves.
13. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) He gets to kiss her.
(b) A cow.
(d) He gets to marry her.
14. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
15. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
(a) Their wives.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Their boss.
(d) A stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
2. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
3. Where does "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"originate?
4. What does Hodja tell the owner happened to the second item he borrowed in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
5. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)