|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In her home.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On her throne.
2. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
(a) She has an affair.
(b) He has an affair.
(c) They fight.
(d) They spend too much money.
3. Whose house does the girl in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows" accidentally visit?
(a) An ogre's house.
(b) Her father's house.
(c) An old lady's house.
(d) A demon's house.
4. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
(a) His hand is curled tight.
(b) He has no eyelids.
(c) He has a cleft lip.
(d) He has eleven toes.
5. In "The Longwitton Dragon," why can the knight not slay the dragon?
(a) The dragon begs to be forgiven.
(b) The dragon's toe is in the water.
(c) The dragon's tail is in the water.
(d) The knight forgot his sword.
6. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) The boy will marry the princess.
(b) The boy will marry the queen.
(c) The girl will murder the king.
(d) The girl will marry the queen.
7. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(b) He gets to marry her.
(c) A cow.
(d) He gets to kiss her.
8. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
(a) A cross.
(b) A photo of his mother.
(c) A photo of his sister.
(d) A knife.
9. In "Catherine, Sly Country Lass," how does Catherine trick the king?
(a) She lies.
(b) She swaps marbles.
(c) She poisons him.
(d) She gets him drunk.
10. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) A prince.
(b) The sky king.
(c) A king.
(d) The earth king.
11. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," why does Hodja say he can't return the original item?
(a) It decided to live with him.
(b) He lost it.
(c) It had a baby.
(d) It broke.
12. What is the king forced to do for an eternity at the end of "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) Play guitar.
(c) Lift logs.
13. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
(a) The Prince.
(b) The queen.
14. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
(a) Quevedo is lazy.
(b) Quevedo plots to kill the king.
(c) Quevedo kisses the queen.
(d) Quevedo plays pranks.
15. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A shoe mender.
(c) A roofer.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
2. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
3. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
4. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
5. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)