|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king give to the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A pig's heart.
(d) A letter.
2. In "Wagging My Tail in the Mud," what animal is happiest wagging it's tail?
(a) A pig.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A dog.
(d) A turtle.
3. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
(a) They fight.
(b) She has an affair.
(c) They spend too much money.
(d) He has an affair.
4. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) He didn't become king.
(b) He lives alone.
(c) He defeated everyone.
(d) His mother died.
5. What is the secret to knowledge according to "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(b) Reading books.
(c) Biting one's thumb.
(d) Scratching one's head.
6. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) A prince.
(b) The sky king.
(c) A king.
(d) The earth king.
7. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
(a) A knight.
(b) A poet.
(c) A queen.
(d) A singer.
8. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(a) Your tongue falls out.
(c) The crops die.
9. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
(a) He need not tell outlandish stories.
(b) He does not need to lie.
(c) He should marry.
(d) He should not tell the truth.
10. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
11. Where did "The Man Who Had No Story" originate?
12. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
13. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
14. What must the servant in "Helping to Lie'" help his master do?
15. The man in "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," is turned into _______________.
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A frog.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
2. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
3. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
4. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
5. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)