|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is no one allowed to say in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
2. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(b) Your tongue falls out.
(c) The crops die.
3. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
(a) He should marry.
(b) He does not need to lie.
(c) He need not tell outlandish stories.
(d) He should not tell the truth.
4. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The queen's crown.
(b) The prince's robe.
(c) The parson's clothes.
(d) The beggar's coat.
5. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
(a) A witch forces him to return.
(b) He misses her.
(c) He finds people sillier then she is.
(d) He doesn't find anyone sillier then she is.
6. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
(a) The child falls into a deep slumber.
(b) The child does not speak.
(c) The child ages 15 years.
(d) The child can only sing.
7. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
8. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) He gets to kiss her.
(c) A cow.
(d) He gets to marry her.
9. The man in "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," is turned into _______________.
(a) A pig.
(b) A frog.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
10. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A boar.
(b) A fox.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rabbit.
11. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) A broom.
(b) A fish.
(c) A wand.
(d) A cauldron.
12. What happens to the girl at the house she visits accidentally in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows"?
(a) She has dinner.
(b) Her face is ripped off.
(c) She is attacked by wolves.
(d) She drinks some tea.
13. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
14. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
(a) The boy.
(b) The prince.
(c) The guard.
(d) The queen.
15. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To help her parents.
(b) To win the heart of a prince.
(c) To show that girls can do anything.
(d) To pay off a debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
2. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
3. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
4. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
5. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)