|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does the girl in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows" accidentally visit?
(a) Her father's house.
(b) An ogre's house.
(c) An old lady's house.
(d) A demon's house.
2. How are the pickpockets related in "The Two Pickpockets"?
(a) They are married.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are father and son.
(d) They are sisters.
3. In what country did "Merry Prank" originate?
4. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
5. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
6. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To help her parents.
(b) To win the heart of a prince.
(c) To show that girls can do anything.
(d) To pay off a debt.
7. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The prince's robe.
(b) The queen's crown.
(c) The beggar's coat.
(d) The parson's clothes.
8. What does Hodja tell the owner happened to the second item he borrowed in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) It broke.
(b) He lost it.
(c) It had a baby.
(d) It died.
9. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(b) The crops die.
(d) Your tongue falls out.
10. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their boss.
11. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is muddy.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is wet.
(d) It is dry.
12. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The king.
(b) The parson.
(c) The sexton.
(d) The queen.
13. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) Rain will come.
(b) Her husband will die.
(c) She will have a baby.
(d) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
14. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
(a) Quevedo plots to kill the king.
(b) Quevedo plays pranks.
(c) Quevedo is lazy.
(d) Quevedo kisses the queen.
15. What happens in "The Brewery of Eggshells" when the woman performs the test on her child?
(a) Snow falls.
(b) The baby dies.
(c) The sky darkens.
(d) The baby talks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wagging My Tail in the Mud," what animal is happiest wagging it's tail?
2. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
3. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
4. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
5. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)