|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Fly" about?
(d) Forgiving debt.
2. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
(a) Whom to appoint as an advisor.
(b) Whom to kill.
(c) Whom to give his kingdom.
(d) Whom to marry.
3. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In her home.
(c) On her throne.
(d) In a trunk.
4. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
(a) He should marry.
(b) He does not need to lie.
(c) He need not tell outlandish stories.
(d) He should not tell the truth.
5. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) The girl will murder the king.
(b) The boy will marry the queen.
(c) The girl will marry the queen.
(d) The boy will marry the princess.
6. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) A fish.
(b) A broom.
(c) A cauldron.
(d) A wand.
7. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A boar.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fox.
8. What word is no one allowed to say in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
9. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) A king and a queen.
(b) Three brothers.
(c) Two sisters.
(d) Five thieves.
10. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
(a) They spend too much money.
(b) They fight.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) He has an affair.
11. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
12. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) A cow.
(c) He gets to kiss her.
(d) He gets to marry her.
13. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(a) Circus clowns.
14. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(b) Your tongue falls out.
(d) The crops die.
15. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
(a) A beautiful girl.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A handsome man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
2. What does Jack carry home in "Lazy Jack"?
3. What must the servant in "Helping to Lie'" help his master do?
4. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
5. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)