|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
(b) American Indians.
2. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
3. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
(a) His hand is curled tight.
(b) He has eleven toes.
(c) He has no eyelids.
(d) He has a cleft lip.
4. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
(a) In her home.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On her throne.
5. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
(a) It leads to a magic world.
(b) It gives vitality to all that drink from it.
(c) It never empties.
(d) It gives love to all that drink from it.
6. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His children.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
7. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
(a) His parents.
(b) His congregation.
(c) The reader.
(d) His students.
8. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(a) Circus clowns.
9. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
10. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
11. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
(a) The guard.
(b) The boy.
(c) The prince.
(d) The queen.
12. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
(a) They fight.
(b) He has an affair.
(c) She has an affair.
(d) They spend too much money.
13. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Make them some dinner.
(b) Milk their cow.
(c) Sing them a song.
(d) Tell them a fairytell.
14. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To pay off a debt.
(b) To show that girls can do anything.
(c) To win the heart of a prince.
(d) To help her parents.
15. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
(a) A gnome.
(b) An imp.
(c) A stone.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Longwitton Dragon," why can the knight not slay the dragon?
2. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
3. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
4. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
5. Where does "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"originate?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)