|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) His brother.
2. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) Her husband will die.
(b) Rain will come.
(c) She will have a baby.
(d) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
3. What happens in "The Brewery of Eggshells" when the woman performs the test on her child?
(a) Snow falls.
(b) The sky darkens.
(c) The baby dies.
(d) The baby talks.
4. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
(a) The reader.
(b) His parents.
(c) His congregation.
(d) His students.
5. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
6. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
(a) He finds people sillier then she is.
(b) He misses her.
(c) He doesn't find anyone sillier then she is.
(d) A witch forces him to return.
7. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
(a) She overrules him.
(b) She spends his money.
(c) She disobeys him.
(d) She hits him.
8. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
(a) He murders the king.
(b) He marries the princess.
(c) He moves far away.
(d) He dies.
9. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
10. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(b) Little girls.
(c) Little boys.
11. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A judge.
(b) A god.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A banker.
12. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is wet.
(c) It is muddy.
(d) It is dry.
13. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
14. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A boar.
(d) A fox.
15. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
(a) A shoe mender.
(b) His brother.
(c) A roofer.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Catherine, Sly Country Lass," how does Catherine trick the king?
2. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
3. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
4. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
5. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)