|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
2. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The queen.
(b) The parson.
(c) The king.
(d) The sexton.
3. What is the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(a) The boy will overthrow the king.
(b) The girl will overthrow the queen.
(c) The boy will marry the prince.
(d) The girl will marry the princess.
4. In "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," what does the man refuse to say?
(a) Thank you.
(b) God willing.
(c) I love you.
(d) Good bye.
5. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) They leave the country.
(b) They never lie again.
(c) They chop off their left hand.
(d) They pay 5,000 dollars.
6. In "Catherine, Sly Country Lass," how does Catherine trick the king?
(a) She swaps marbles.
(b) She lies.
(c) She poisons him.
(d) She gets him drunk.
7. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
(a) The page boy.
(b) The queen.
(c) The prince.
(d) His father.
8. What transports Brian to a far away land in "The Man Who Had No Story"?
(a) A car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A well.
(d) A beanstalk.
9. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
(a) He is a murderer.
(b) He is a woman.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is already married.
10. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
(a) A knight.
(b) A singer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A queen.
11. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) The boy will marry the princess.
(b) The boy will marry the queen.
(c) The girl will marry the queen.
(d) The girl will murder the king.
12. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She marries the king.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She becomes famous.
(d) She has nine children.
13. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
(a) Whom to kill.
(b) Whom to give his kingdom.
(c) Whom to appoint as an advisor.
(d) Whom to marry.
14. Where did "The Man Who Had No Story" originate?
15. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) The earth king.
(d) The sky king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
2. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
3. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
4. In "The Three Sillies," what does the maiden weep over in the basement?
5. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)