|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
2. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
(a) He does not need to lie.
(b) He should not tell the truth.
(c) He need not tell outlandish stories.
(d) He should marry.
3. The man in "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," is turned into _______________.
(a) A pig.
(b) A cat.
(c) A frog.
(d) A dog.
4. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
5. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He lives forever.
(b) He is eaten by a bear.
(c) He is eaten by a tiger.
(d) He is shot.
6. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
(a) Whose feet need a pedicure.
(b) Whose feet belong to which man.
(c) Where their feet want to go.
(d) Who cut off their wives' toes.
7. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) A new bride.
(c) A job.
8. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Their boss.
(d) Their wives.
9. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
(a) When she is old.
(b) He does not remember.
(c) On her 13th birthday.
(d) When she dies.
10. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
11. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A banker.
(d) A god.
12. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) Five thieves.
(b) Two sisters.
(c) Three brothers.
(d) A king and a queen.
13. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
14. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
15. What does the king give to the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) A letter.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A pig's heart.
(d) A jewel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
2. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
3. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
4. What contest must suitors enter in "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!"?
5. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)