|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He is eaten by a bear.
(b) He is eaten by a tiger.
(c) He lives forever.
(d) He is shot.
2. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
3. What does the owner of the items conclude at the end of "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) His friend is careless.
(b) If something gives birth it can die.
(c) His friend can no longer borrow things.
(d) His friend is a liar.
4. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) They never lie again.
(b) They leave the country.
(c) They chop off their left hand.
(d) They pay 5,000 dollars.
5. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
(a) He finds people sillier then she is.
(b) He misses her.
(c) He doesn't find anyone sillier then she is.
(d) A witch forces him to return.
6. In "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" what other role does the queen play?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She is a poet.
(c) She is a knight.
(d) She is a seamstress.
7. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
(a) He has eleven toes.
(b) He has no eyelids.
(c) He has a cleft lip.
(d) His hand is curled tight.
8. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(b) Three hairs.
(c) An apology.
(d) His word.
9. What does the king give to the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A letter.
(d) A pig's heart.
10. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A god.
(b) A banker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A judge.
11. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A queen.
(b) A count.
(c) A prince.
(d) A king.
12. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
(b) The Prince.
(d) The queen.
13. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
(a) Whom to marry.
(b) Whom to appoint as an advisor.
(c) Whom to give his kingdom.
(d) Whom to kill.
14. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
(a) His brother.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A shoe mender.
(d) A roofer.
15. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) He defeated everyone.
(c) He didn't become king.
(d) His mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
2. Who tries to marry Sedna?
3. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
4. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
5. What does Jack carry home in "Lazy Jack"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)