|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Quevedo grab the king in "Quevedo and the King"?
(a) On the arm.
(b) On the his face.
(c) Between the legs.
(d) On the leg.
2. What transports Brian to a far away land in "The Man Who Had No Story"?
(a) A beanstalk.
(b) A car.
(c) A horse.
(d) A well.
3. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
(a) A job.
(b) A new bride.
(d) A place to stay.
4. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(c) Little boys.
(d) Little girls.
5. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He is eaten by a bear.
(b) He lives forever.
(c) He is eaten by a tiger.
(d) He is shot.
6. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
(a) He should marry.
(b) He should not tell the truth.
(c) He does not need to lie.
(d) He need not tell outlandish stories.
7. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
(a) A singer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A knight.
(d) A queen.
8. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
9. What is the secret to knowledge according to "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(a) Biting one's thumb.
(b) Scratching one's head.
(d) Reading books.
10. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The king.
(b) The queen.
(c) The parson.
(d) The sexton.
11. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
12. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Make them some dinner.
(b) Milk their cow.
(c) Tell them a fairytell.
(d) Sing them a song.
13. What must the servant in "Helping to Lie'" help his master do?
14. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
15. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) She will have a baby.
(b) Rain will come.
(c) Her husband will die.
(d) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
2. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
3. What is "The Fly" about?
4. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
5. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," why does Hodja say he can't return the original item?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)