|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did "Merry Prank" originate?
2. In "Wagging My Tail in the Mud," what animal is happiest wagging it's tail?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A dog.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A pig.
3. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
(a) Where their feet want to go.
(b) Who cut off their wives' toes.
(c) Whose feet belong to which man.
(d) Whose feet need a pedicure.
4. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
(a) A handsome man.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A beautiful girl.
5. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
(a) Whom to kill.
(b) Whom to marry.
(c) Whom to appoint as an advisor.
(d) Whom to give his kingdom.
6. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His sister.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. In "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," what does the man refuse to say?
(a) I love you.
(b) Good bye.
(c) Thank you.
(d) God willing.
8. What does Hodja tell the owner happened to the second item he borrowed in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) It died.
(b) It had a baby.
(c) He lost it.
(d) It broke.
9. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is muddy.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is wet.
(d) It is dry.
10. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
(a) The guard.
(b) The prince.
(c) The queen.
(d) The boy.
11. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) He gets to kiss her.
(b) A cow.
(c) He gets to marry her.
12. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) They never lie again.
(b) They chop off their left hand.
(c) They pay 5,000 dollars.
(d) They leave the country.
13. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A queen.
(d) A count.
14. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) Wasis hits Glooscap.
(b) Wasis does not respond..
(c) Wasis recites poetry.
(d) Wasis screams.
15. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Sing them a song.
(b) Tell them a fairytell.
(c) Make them some dinner.
(d) Milk their cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
2. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
3. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
4. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
5. How are the pickpockets related in "The Two Pickpockets"?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)