|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) A new bride.
(c) A job.
2. What is the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(a) The boy will overthrow the king.
(b) The girl will overthrow the queen.
(c) The girl will marry the princess.
(d) The boy will marry the prince.
3. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
4. In "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" what other role does the queen play?
(a) She is a poet.
(b) She is a knight.
(c) She is a witch.
(d) She is a seamstress.
5. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
(a) A witch's house.
(b) A beggar's house.
(c) An ogre's house.
(d) A robber's house.
6. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A dog.
(b) A boar.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A fox.
7. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
(a) She disobeys him.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She spends his money.
(d) She overrules him.
8. What word is no one allowed to say in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
9. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The queen's crown.
(b) The parson's clothes.
(c) The beggar's coat.
(d) The prince's robe.
10. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
(a) Save her family.
(b) Win riches.
(c) Find food.
(d) Fall in love.
11. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
12. In "The Longwitton Dragon," why can the knight not slay the dragon?
(a) The dragon's toe is in the water.
(b) The dragon begs to be forgiven.
(c) The knight forgot his sword.
(d) The dragon's tail is in the water.
13. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
14. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A chieftan.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A shepherd.
15. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
2. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
3. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
4. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
5. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)