|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
(c) American Indians.
2. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The queen.
(b) The king.
(c) The parson.
(d) The sexton.
3. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
(a) A cross.
(b) A photo of his mother.
(c) A photo of his sister.
(d) A knife.
4. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
5. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A god.
(d) A banker.
6. What is the secret to knowledge according to "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(a) Biting one's thumb.
(c) Reading books.
(d) Scratching one's head.
7. Where does Quevedo grab the king in "Quevedo and the King"?
(a) On the his face.
(b) On the arm.
(c) On the leg.
(d) Between the legs.
8. What do the animals decide to buy in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) A cave.
(b) A bone.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A hoe.
9. What is the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(a) The girl will marry the princess.
(b) The girl will overthrow the queen.
(c) The boy will overthrow the king.
(d) The boy will marry the prince.
10. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
(a) It gives love to all that drink from it.
(b) It leads to a magic world.
(c) It gives vitality to all that drink from it.
(d) It never empties.
11. In "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!" for whom does the King want to find a spouse?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His maid.
12. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
(a) A roofer.
(b) His brother.
(c) A shoe mender.
(d) A blacksmith.
13. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
(a) The queen.
(d) The Prince.
14. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
(a) Quevedo plots to kill the king.
(b) Quevedo plays pranks.
(c) Quevedo is lazy.
(d) Quevedo kisses the queen.
15. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did "Merry Prank" originate?
2. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
3. Who helps the spider in "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories"?
4. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
5. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)