Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
(a) It leads to a magic world.
(b) It never empties.
(c) It gives love to all that drink from it.
(d) It gives vitality to all that drink from it.
2. What do the animals decide to buy in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A hoe.
(c) A bone.
(d) A cave.
3. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
(a) She makes an omelette.
(b) She paints eggshells.
(c) She poaches eggs.
(d) She brews eggshells.
4. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
(a) When she is old.
(b) When she dies.
(c) On her 13th birthday.
(d) He does not remember.
5. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
6. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
7. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The queen.
8. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
(a) He is a woman.
(b) He is a murderer.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is already married.
9. How is the child in "The Two Pickpockets" deformed?
(a) He has no eyelids.
(b) He has eleven toes.
(c) His hand is curled tight.
(d) He has a cleft lip.
10. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
(a) An ogre's house.
(b) A beggar's house.
(c) A witch's house.
(d) A robber's house.
11. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) He gets to marry her.
(b) He gets to kiss her.
(c) A cow.
12. In "The Three Sillies," what does the maiden weep over in the basement?
(a) A broken heart.
(b) A mallet.
(c) A screwdriver.
(d) A dying bird.
13. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A bear.
(c) A stone.
(d) An imp.
14. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A count.
(b) A king.
(c) A prince.
(d) A queen.
15. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is muddy.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is dry.
(d) It is wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man who commits a crime in "Chelm Justice"?
2. What word is no one allowed to say in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
3. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
4. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
5. Where does "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"originate?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)