|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A roofer.
(c) A shoe mender.
(d) His brother.
2. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
(d) American Indians.
3. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
(a) Their boss.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Their wives.
(d) A neighbor.
4. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is eaten by a bear.
(c) He lives forever.
(d) He is eaten by a tiger.
5. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
(a) It never empties.
(b) It gives love to all that drink from it.
(c) It gives vitality to all that drink from it.
(d) It leads to a magic world.
6. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
(a) A bear.
(b) An imp.
(c) A stone.
(d) A gnome.
7. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A chieftan.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A shepherd.
8. What is the occupation of the man who commits a crime in "Chelm Justice"?
(a) A roofer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A shoe mender.
(d) A blacksmith.
9. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To pay off a debt.
(b) To show that girls can do anything.
(c) To win the heart of a prince.
(d) To help her parents.
10. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
(a) The prince.
(b) The queen.
(c) His father.
(d) The page boy.
11. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) He defeated everyone.
(c) His mother died.
(d) He didn't become king.
12. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(b) Three hairs.
(c) His word.
(d) An apology.
13. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(b) Your tongue falls out.
(c) The crops die.
14. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
(a) The boy.
(b) The guard.
(c) The queen.
(d) The prince.
15. In "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!" for whom does the King want to find a spouse?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His maid.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
2. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
3. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
4. In "The Three Sillies," what does the maiden weep over in the basement?
5. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)