|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
(a) A job.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A new bride.
2. What country is the origin of the tale "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
3. In "The Three Sillies," what does the maiden weep over in the basement?
(a) A dying bird.
(b) A screwdriver.
(c) A mallet.
(d) A broken heart.
4. "How Men and Women Got Together" is about ________________.
5. Where does "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"originate?
(a) St. Thomas.
6. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
(a) The boy.
(b) The guard.
(c) The queen.
(d) The prince.
7. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The queen's crown.
(b) The parson's clothes.
(c) The prince's robe.
(d) The beggar's coat.
8. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To show that girls can do anything.
(b) To pay off a debt.
(c) To win the heart of a prince.
(d) To help her parents.
9. What is the secret to knowledge according to "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(b) Biting one's thumb.
(c) Reading books.
(d) Scratching one's head.
10. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(a) The crops die.
(b) Your tongue falls out.
11. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(c) Circus clowns.
12. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
13. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) Rain will come.
(b) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
(c) Her husband will die.
(d) She will have a baby.
14. What is wrong with the couple's marriage in "What Happened to Hadji"?
(a) They spend too much money.
(b) He has an affair.
(c) They fight.
(d) She has an affair.
15. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) A king and a queen.
(b) Two sisters.
(c) Five thieves.
(d) Three brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
2. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
3. What happens in "The Brewery of Eggshells" when the woman performs the test on her child?
4. In "Catherine, Sly Country Lass," how does Catherine trick the king?
5. What does the owner of the items conclude at the end of "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)