|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) Two sisters.
(b) Five thieves.
(c) A king and a queen.
(d) Three brothers.
2. Where does Quevedo grab the king in "Quevedo and the King"?
(a) Between the legs.
(b) On the arm.
(c) On the leg.
(d) On the his face.
3. What is the secret to knowledge according to "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
(a) Reading books.
(c) Biting one's thumb.
(d) Scratching one's head.
4. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A banker.
(b) A god.
(c) A judge.
(d) A doctor.
5. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
(a) She overrules him.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She disobeys him.
(d) She spends his money.
6. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
7. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
(b) Circus clowns.
8. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
(a) A queen.
(b) A knight.
(c) A poet.
(d) A singer.
9. What is the king forced to do for an eternity at the end of "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(b) Play guitar.
(c) Lift logs.
10. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
(a) It never empties.
(b) It gives vitality to all that drink from it.
(c) It gives love to all that drink from it.
(d) It leads to a magic world.
11. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Sing them a song.
(b) Tell them a fairytell.
(c) Make them some dinner.
(d) Milk their cow.
12. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The parson's clothes.
(b) The prince's robe.
(c) The queen's crown.
(d) The beggar's coat.
13. Where did "The King's Favorite" originate?
(c) South Africa.
14. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
(a) A photo of his sister.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cross.
(d) A photo of his mother.
15. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
(a) A gnome.
(b) An imp.
(c) A bear.
(d) A stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
2. What does Ansai ask people to count in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
3. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
4. In "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer," who is jealous of the king?
5. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)