|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is muddy.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is dry.
(d) It is wet.
2. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
(a) He is already married.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is a murderer.
(d) He is a woman.
3. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
(b) The Prince.
(d) The queen.
4. What happens in "The Brewery of Eggshells" when the woman performs the test on her child?
(a) Snow falls.
(b) The sky darkens.
(c) The baby talks.
(d) The baby dies.
5. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) The girl will marry the queen.
(b) The girl will murder the king.
(c) The boy will marry the princess.
(d) The boy will marry the queen.
6. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
7. What happens in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" when the forbidden word is spoken?
(c) Your tongue falls out.
(d) The crops die.
8. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
(a) A middle-aged man.
(b) A teenager.
(c) An old man.
(d) A baby.
9. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) An apology.
(c) His word.
(d) Three hairs.
10. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) Wasis recites poetry.
(b) Wasis hits Glooscap.
(c) Wasis does not respond..
(d) Wasis screams.
11. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To pay off a debt.
(b) To help her parents.
(c) To show that girls can do anything.
(d) To win the heart of a prince.
12. Where did "The Man Who Had No Story" originate?
13. In "The Three Sillies," what does the maiden weep over in the basement?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A broken heart.
(c) A mallet.
(d) A dying bird.
14. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
15. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A fox.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A boar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
2. In "Catherine, Sly Country Lass," how does Catherine trick the king?
3. In "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi" what other role does the queen play?
4. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
5. What does the owner of the items conclude at the end of "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)