|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
(a) A cross.
(b) A knife.
(c) A photo of his sister.
(d) A photo of his mother.
2. In "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!" for whom does the King want to find a spouse?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His maid.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
3. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is dry.
(c) It is muddy.
(d) It is wet.
4. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) The girl will marry the queen.
(b) The girl will murder the king.
(c) The boy will marry the queen.
(d) The boy will marry the princess.
5. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
(a) He murders the king.
(b) He dies.
(c) He moves far away.
(d) He marries the princess.
6. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He is eaten by a bear.
(b) He is eaten by a tiger.
(c) He lives forever.
(d) He is shot.
7. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She marries the king.
(b) She becomes famous.
(c) She is murdered.
(d) She has nine children.
8. What contest must suitors enter in "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!"?
(a) They must outlie the King's son.
(b) They must outlie the King's daughter.
(c) They must flatter the King's daughter.
(d) They must be completely honest.
9. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) His word.
(b) An apology.
(d) Three hairs.
10. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A chieftan.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A shepherd.
11. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
(a) A stone.
(b) An imp.
(c) A gnome.
(d) A bear.
12. What does the king give to the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) A letter.
(b) A pig's heart.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A turkey.
13. In "Merry Prank," the king wants to see if ________is more clever then his jesters.
(c) The queen.
(d) The Prince.
14. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
(a) He is a murderer.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is a woman.
(d) He is already married.
15. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
(a) His parents.
(b) His students.
(c) His congregation.
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
2. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
3. Where does "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"originate?
4. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
5. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)