|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy in "The Merchant's Daughter and the Slanderer" carry with him on his travels?
(a) A photo of his sister.
(b) A photo of his mother.
(c) A cross.
(d) A knife.
2. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He lives forever.
(b) He is eaten by a bear.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is eaten by a tiger.
3. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(a) Little boys.
(d) Little girls.
4. What happens to Crack at the end of "Crack and Crook"?
(a) He marries the princess.
(b) He moves far away.
(c) He dies.
(d) He murders the king.
5. What is the occupation of the man who commits a crime in "Chelm Justice"?
(a) A shoe mender.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A roofer.
(d) A banker.
6. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In her home.
(c) On her throne.
(d) In a trunk.
7. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He didn't become king.
(c) He defeated everyone.
(d) He lives alone.
8. What does the owner of the items conclude at the end of "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) His friend can no longer borrow things.
(b) If something gives birth it can die.
(c) His friend is a liar.
(d) His friend is careless.
9. In "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," what does the man refuse to say?
(a) Good bye.
(b) Thank you.
(c) God willing.
(d) I love you.
10. What word is no one allowed to say in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
11. What contest must suitors enter in "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!"?
(a) They must flatter the King's daughter.
(b) They must outlie the King's daughter.
(c) They must be completely honest.
(d) They must outlie the King's son.
12. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
(a) He is a woman.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is already married.
(d) He is a murderer.
13. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
(a) She spends his money.
(b) She disobeys him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She overrules him.
14. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
(b) Rain will come.
(c) She will have a baby.
(d) Her husband will die.
15. In "Quevedo and the King," why is the king upset with Quevedo?
(a) Quevedo plays pranks.
(b) Quevedo plots to kill the king.
(c) Quevedo kisses the queen.
(d) Quevedo is lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
2. What is the prophecy in "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail"?
3. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
4. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
5. What does the king demand from the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)