|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the handsome suitor in "Mr. Fox"?
(a) He is a woman.
(b) He is already married.
(c) He is a murderer.
(d) He is poor.
2. What does Hodja tell the owner happened to the second item he borrowed in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) It had a baby.
(b) He lost it.
(c) It died.
(d) It broke.
3. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," why does Hodja say he can't return the original item?
(a) It had a baby.
(b) It broke.
(c) It decided to live with him.
(d) He lost it.
4. What does the woman pray for in "The Prayer that was Answered"?
(a) She will have a baby.
(b) Rain will come.
(c) Her daughter will marry a wealthy man.
(d) Her husband will die.
5. In "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs," at whose house does the boy sleep?
(a) A beggar's house.
(b) A witch's house.
(c) An ogre's house.
(d) A robber's house.
6. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
(a) The child ages 15 years.
(b) The child falls into a deep slumber.
(c) The child can only sing.
(d) The child does not speak.
7. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She marries the king.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She becomes famous.
(d) She has nine children.
8. What does the serpent like to eat in "Li Chi Slays the Serpent"?
(a) Little boys.
(c) Little girls.
9. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Tell them a fairytell.
(b) Make them some dinner.
(c) Sing them a song.
(d) Milk their cow.
10. What word is no one allowed to say in "Being Greedy Chokes Anansi"?
11. What is the prophecy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(a) The girl will murder the king.
(b) The boy will marry the queen.
(c) The boy will marry the princess.
(d) The girl will marry the queen.
12. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) A fish.
(b) A broom.
(c) A wand.
(d) A cauldron.
13. What transports Brian to a far away land in "The Man Who Had No Story"?
(a) A well.
(b) A horse.
(c) A beanstalk.
(d) A car.
14. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To pay off a debt.
(b) To help her parents.
(c) To show that girls can do anything.
(d) To win the heart of a prince.
15. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
(a) An old man.
(b) A middle-aged man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
2. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
3. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
4. In "The Ash Lad Who Made the Princess Say You're a Liar!" for whom does the King want to find a spouse?
5. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)