|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The parson's clothes.
(b) The beggar's coat.
(c) The prince's robe.
(d) The queen's crown.
3. Jack causes a deaf girl to laugh in "Lazy Jack." What is his reward?
(a) He gets to kiss her.
(c) A cow.
(d) He gets to marry her.
4. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) They pay 5,000 dollars.
(b) They chop off their left hand.
(c) They never lie again.
(d) They leave the country.
5. What is amazing about the well in "The Longwitton Dragon"?
(a) It gives vitality to all that drink from it.
(b) It gives love to all that drink from it.
(c) It leads to a magic world.
(d) It never empties.
6. Where did "The Parson and the Sexton" originate?
7. The man in "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," is turned into _______________.
(a) A cat.
(b) A pig.
(c) A frog.
(d) A dog.
8. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A count.
(b) A prince.
(c) A queen.
(d) A king.
9. In "The Man Who Had No Story," what does the elderly couple ask Brian to do?
(a) Milk their cow.
(b) Tell them a fairytell.
(c) Sing them a song.
(d) Make them some dinner.
10. Where does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered" leave his bride?
(a) In her home.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On her throne.
11. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
12. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A boar.
(d) A fox.
13. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
(a) She overrules him.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She spends his money.
(d) She disobeys him.
14. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The king.
(b) The parson.
(c) The queen.
(d) The sexton.
15. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
2. In "Chelm Justice," whom does the judge sentence to die instead of the original criminal?
3. What do the pickpockets in "The Two Pickpockets" hope their children become?
4. In "The Three Sillies," what does the maiden weep over in the basement?
5. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)