|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
(a) A poet.
(b) A knight.
(c) A queen.
(d) A singer.
2. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
(a) She poaches eggs.
(b) She paints eggshells.
(c) She makes an omelette.
(d) She brews eggshells.
3. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A god.
(b) A banker.
(c) A judge.
(d) A doctor.
4. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To help her parents.
(b) To show that girls can do anything.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To win the heart of a prince.
5. Where does Quevedo grab the king in "Quevedo and the King"?
(a) Between the legs.
(b) On the leg.
(c) On the arm.
(d) On the his face.
6. How many tribes exist at the start of "How Men and Women Got Together"?
7. From which group of people does the story "Glooscap and the Baby" come?
(b) American Indians.
8. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A boar.
(c) A fox.
(d) A dog.
9. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Find food.
(c) Win riches.
(d) Save her family.
10. Who tries to marry Sedna?
(a) The earth king.
(b) A king.
(c) The sky king.
(d) A prince.
11. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
(a) Three brothers.
(b) Five thieves.
(c) A king and a queen.
(d) Two sisters.
12. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
(a) An old man.
(b) A middle-aged man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A baby.
13. In "Those Stubborn Souls, the Biellese," what does the man refuse to say?
(a) Thank you.
(b) God willing.
(c) I love you.
(d) Good bye.
14. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
(a) The page boy.
(b) The prince.
(c) The queen.
(d) His father.
15. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
2. What does Hodja borrow in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
3. In "The Hodja and the Cauldron," why does Hodja say he can't return the original item?
4. What is the occupation of the man who commits a crime in "Chelm Justice"?
5. What is the man in "The Seventh Father of the House" looking for?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)