|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Getting of Wisdom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lawyer and the Devil," why does the boy give his soul to the devil?
(a) For an education.
(b) For power.
(c) For love.
(d) For money.
2. Where did "Catherine, Sly Country Lass" originate?
3. What does the devil ask Katcha to do at the start of "Katcha and the Devil"?
(a) Be merry.
(d) Read poetry.
4. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A chieftan.
(d) A shepherd.
5. Why is Glooscap sad in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) He lives alone.
(b) He didn't become king.
(c) His mother died.
(d) He defeated everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who frees the devil from Katcha's clutches?
2. At the end of "Bridget and the Lurikeen," how is Bridget tricked?
3. What is the king trying to decide in "The White Cat"?
4. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
5. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)