|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Getting of Wisdom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows," the weeds turn into _____________.
(a) A horse.
(b) A handsome man.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) A cow.
2. What happens to the maiden in "The Waiting Maid's Parrot"?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She has nine children.
(c) She becomes famous.
(d) She marries the king.
3. Where did "The Man Who Had No Story" originate?
4. At the end of "The Promises of the Three Sisters," what happens to the jealous sisters?
(a) They are banished from the kingdom.
(b) They are turned into flowers.
(c) Each one marries a prince.
(d) They are burned.
5. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
(a) A witch forces him to return.
(b) He doesn't find anyone sillier then she is.
(c) He finds people sillier then she is.
(d) He misses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king send for in "Wagging My Tail in the Mud"?
2. Whom does the man stop to help in "Wicked John and the Devil"?
3. What does the man and his children throw into the sea at the end of "The Seal's Skin"?
4. What does Jack carry home in "Lazy Jack"?
5. In "Bridget and the Lurikeen," what does Bridget capture?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)