|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Getting of Wisdom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Li Chi volunteer to see the serpent?
(a) To show that girls can do anything.
(b) To help her parents.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To win the heart of a prince.
2. The young man loses his prize horse in "Lost Horse." What does does his father think about this?
(a) It's a blessing.
(b) He's indifferent.
(c) He is very upset.
(d) It was unavoidable.
3. In "The King of Ireland's Son," what game must Art play?
(a) Hide and Seek.
4. What punishment is given to the boy in "Truth and Falsehood"?
(a) His ears are boxed.
(b) His fingers are broken.
(c) He is spanked.
(d) His ears are pulled.
5. In "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet," the men are confused about __________.
(a) Who cut off their wives' toes.
(b) Where their feet want to go.
(c) Whose feet belong to which man.
(d) Whose feet need a pedicure.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "It Could Always Be Worse," what does the man complain about to his Rabbi?
2. In "The Finn Messenger," what condition is the wife in when her husband leaves for sea?
3. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
4. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
5. Whose house does the girl in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows" accidentally visit?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)