|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fool: Numbskulls and Noodleheads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Quevedo and the King," Quevedo thinks the king is ___________.
(a) The queen.
(b) His father.
(c) The prince.
(d) The page boy.
2. What happens to the girl at the house she visits accidentally in "The Little Old Woman with Five Cows"?
(a) Her face is ripped off.
(b) She is attacked by wolves.
(c) She drinks some tea.
(d) She has dinner.
3. What does Hodja tell the owner happened to the second item he borrowed in "The Hodja and the Cauldron"?
(a) He lost it.
(b) It died.
(c) It broke.
(d) It had a baby.
4. What happens to the three year old child in "Father of Eighteen Elves" when his mother returns?
(a) The child ages 15 years.
(b) The child falls into a deep slumber.
(c) The child can only sing.
(d) The child does not speak.
5. In "The King's Favorite," when does the king remember the girl's disobedience?
(a) On her 13th birthday.
(b) When she is old.
(c) He does not remember.
(d) When she dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the animals decide to buy in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
2. Who comes to the bride's rescue in the story "The Prayer that was Answered"'?
3. Where did "Father of Eighteen Elves" originate?
4. In "Glooscap and the Baby," how old is Wasis?
5. In "Nars-ed-Din Hodja in the Pulpit," whom does the Hodja address at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)