|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Very Young and the Very Old.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wasis respond to Glooscoop in "Glooscap and the Baby"?
(a) Wasis screams.
(b) Wasis hits Glooscap.
(c) Wasis does not respond..
(d) Wasis recites poetry.
2. How does the woman in "The Brewery of Eggshells," discover the child is not hers?
(a) She makes an omelette.
(b) She brews eggshells.
(c) She poaches eggs.
(d) She paints eggshells.
3. In "The Brewery of Eggshells," with what is the woman's baby replaced?
(a) A stone.
(b) An imp.
(c) A bear.
(d) A gnome.
4. Who is a liar in the "The Parson and the Sexton"?
(a) The parson.
(b) The king.
(c) The queen.
(d) The sexton.
5. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A count.
(d) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the pickpockets related in "The Two Pickpockets"?
2. Where did "How Spider Obtained the Sky God's Stories" originate?
3. On what condition are the tricksters released in "The Tall Tales"?
4. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
5. Why does the king become angry with Catherine in the story "Catherine, Sly Country Lass"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)