|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Getting of Wisdom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Blacksmith's Wife of Yarrowfoot," what is nailed to the brother's wife?
2. Who helps the men solve their problem in "The Drovers Who Lost Their Feet"?
(a) Their boss.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Their wives.
(d) A stranger.
3. What does the servant tell the nobleman at the end of "Helping to Lie"?
(a) He does not need to lie.
(b) He should marry.
(c) He need not tell outlandish stories.
(d) He should not tell the truth.
4. What is the king forced to do for an eternity at the end of "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
(b) Lift logs.
(d) Play guitar.
5. In "The Prayer that was Answered," what happens to the dishonest man?
(a) He lives forever.
(b) He is eaten by a tiger.
(c) He is eaten by a bear.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sexton have to wear in "The Parson and the Sexton"?
2. Who are the main tricksters in "The Tall Tales"?
3. In "The Waiting Maid's Parrot," what does the parrot help the maiden do?
4. What does the magician try to create in "The Well-Baked Man"?
5. What does the king give to the boy in "The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)