|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Getting of Wisdom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the earth in "Why the Hare Runs Away"?
(a) It is wet.
(b) It is muddy.
(c) It is dry.
(d) It is empty.
2. How is the first brother rewarded when he gives the women a line to their song in "The Two Hunchbacks"?
(a) They give him their daughter.
(b) The give him magical powers.
(c) They remove his hump.
(d) They give him gold.
3. In "Getting Common Sense," Anansi wants to charge people for ___________.
(c) Trips down the river.
4. In "The Tall Tales," whom do the tricksters try to trick?
(a) A queen.
(b) A prince.
(c) A count.
(d) A king.
5. What does the man in "The Prayer that was Answered," pretend to be?
(a) A judge.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A banker.
(d) A god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anansi hide his treasures in "Getting Common Sense"?
2. In "Coyote Fights a Lump of Pitch," whom does the Coyote trick into taking his place?
3. Falsehood accuses the boy at the hotel of ___________.
4. Why does the man return to marry the girl at the end of "The Three Sillies"'?
5. In "The Birth of Finn MacCumhail," who hides the boy?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)