|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
(b) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(c) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
(d) Otherwise Faust will die.
2. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
(a) A group of fighting centaurs.
(b) Sea Monsters and St. Elmo's fire.
(d) A hurricane.
3. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) Prepare a feast for his return.
(b) Take a vow of silence.
(c) Prepare a sacrifical hearth.
(d) Bathe and robe herself.
4. What item does Havequick first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) The emperor's crown.
(c) A steel-club.
(d) A large shield.
5. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
(a) The emperor gave him a parcel of land.
(b) The emperor has lent him a large sum of money.
(c) He is the son of the emperor.
(d) The emperor pardoned him from being burned years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
2. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
3. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
4. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
5. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)