|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is attempting to take the kingdom of the emperor in Act IV?
(b) A rival emperor.
2. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
(d) Woe unto Faust.
3. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
(a) The emperor gave him a parcel of land.
(b) He is the son of the emperor.
(c) The emperor has lent him a large sum of money.
(d) The emperor pardoned him from being burned years ago.
4. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
(a) In a river.
(b) In his castle in the north.
(c) Back in his study.
(d) On a mountain.
5. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
2. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
3. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
4. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
5. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)