|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
(a) The emperor has lent him a large sum of money.
(b) He is the son of the emperor.
(c) The emperor pardoned him from being burned years ago.
(d) The emperor gave him a parcel of land.
2. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His crown.
(c) A statue.
(d) His Thunderbolts.
3. What event does Mephistopheles claim caused the creation of the mountains and valleys in Act IV?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) The birth of a new God.
(c) He does not know how they were created.
(d) The exile of the devil.
4. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
(a) A small ring of flowers.
(b) His money.
(c) A painting of his face.
(d) His clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
2. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
3. When Faust decides to help the emperor, what does Mephistopheles turn him into?
4. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
5. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)