|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
3. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
(a) The emperor has lent him a large sum of money.
(b) The emperor gave him a parcel of land.
(c) The emperor pardoned him from being burned years ago.
(d) He is the son of the emperor.
4. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
(a) He thinks the mountains were created instantly, but the valleys shaped slowly over millenia.
(b) He does not know how they came to be.
(c) He thinks they were created gradually over time.
(d) He thinks they were created in one grand event.
5. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
2. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
3. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
4. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
5. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)