|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) Power over the ocean.
(b) All the riches of the land.
(c) Power over all nations.
(d) A harem of women.
2. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
(b) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
(c) He is bored with Paris.
(d) He wants Helen for himself.
3. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
(a) His trident.
(b) His sword.
(c) His crown.
(d) His horse.
4. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A statue.
(c) His Thunderbolts.
(d) His crown.
5. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A new castle.
(c) A bride.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
4. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
5. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)