|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The river Thebes.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The Agean Sea.
(d) The underworld.
2. In the beginning of Act IV, what form do the clouds take on first?
(a) The image of Mephisotpheles.
(b) The form of Zeus and Ares.
(c) The form of Leda and Helen.
(d) The form of Faust.
3. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) That the servants are planning on killing her.
(b) That she will quicly grow old and ugly.
(c) The he is going to eat her.
(d) That her husband intends to sacrifice her.
4. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(d) New York.
5. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
(a) Because he attempts to kiss Helen.
(b) Because Lynceus has stolen something from Faust.
(c) Because he fails to bow to Faust as he passes.
(d) Because he fails to notice the arrival of Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pardons Lynceus?
2. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
4. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What is the eldest of the fates?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)