|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
2. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) Classical Greece.
(c) His home, hell.
3. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
4. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
(a) He claims he was sent by a wizard.
(b) He claims he was sent by the rival emperor.
(c) He does not say who sent him.
(d) He claims he was sent by Zeus.
5. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They find him beautiful.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They are indifferent to him.
(d) They are jealous of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
2. What is the eldest of the fates?
3. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
4. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
5. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)