|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
2. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) He goes momentarily blind.
(b) His beard catches fire.
(c) He is attacked by a group of beggars.
(d) He falls asleep.
3. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The Chancery.
(c) The Arch-bishop.
(d) The emperor.
4. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(d) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
5. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Faust begins to tell Mephistopheles his true desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, what does Mephistopheles do?
2. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. What is Faust wearing when he first meets with the emperor in Act IV?
4. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
5. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)