|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
2. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(a) Fishermen and sailors.
(b) Thieves and rascals.
(c) Princes and Kings.
3. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(b) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(c) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
(d) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
4. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
(a) He thinks they were created gradually over time.
(b) He thinks they were created in one grand event.
(c) He does not know how they came to be.
(d) He thinks the mountains were created instantly, but the valleys shaped slowly over millenia.
5. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) They do not mention Menelaus.
(b) As a villan.
(c) As a coward.
(d) As a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
2. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
4. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
5. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)