|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(d) New York.
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(a) Fairies of the field.
(c) The flowers.
3. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
(b) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(c) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
(d) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
4. What does the archbishop want the emperor to build on the land near the battlefield?
(a) A triumphal arch.
(b) A grand church.
(c) An edifice to the fallen soldiers.
(d) A new palace.
5. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To write a letter to Menelaus.
(b) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(c) To weep for Helen.
(d) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does the arch-cupbearer plan to give the emperor at the celebrations?
2. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
3. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)