|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Anvils and hammers to do work.
(b) Food and wine.
(c) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(d) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
2. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) Inexperienced youth.
(b) All professors.
(c) Men over thirty.
(d) Single females.
3. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) The witness a shooting star.
(b) They witness a battle taking place in the emporer's kingdom.
(c) They wintess a procession of women to a ritual sacrifice.
(d) The witness the rape of Leda.
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They are jealous of him.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They find him beautiful.
(d) They are indifferent to him.
5. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(b) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
(c) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
(d) Otherwise Faust will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
2. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
3. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
5. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)