|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dolphin.
(c) A whale.
(d) A sea horse.
2. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A ring.
(b) A carpet.
(c) A set of arrows.
(d) A large platter.
4. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(b) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(c) Food and wine.
(d) Anvils and hammers to do work.
5. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(b) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
(c) To weep for Helen.
(d) To write a letter to Menelaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
2. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
5. What type of creature is Chiron?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)