|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act IV, what form do the clouds take on first?
(a) The form of Faust.
(b) The form of Zeus and Ares.
(c) The image of Mephisotpheles.
(d) The form of Leda and Helen.
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They dislike her.
(b) They find her very beautiful.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They can't see her.
4. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(b) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The countryside.
5. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
2. What is Faust wearing when he first meets with the emperor in Act IV?
3. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
4. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
5. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)