|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the emperor give the Arch-Chamberlain in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(b) A chicken.
(c) Some gold coins.
(d) A watch.
2. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(a) The country is not given.
3. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A triumphant parade.
(b) A victory banquet.
(c) A masked ball.
(d) A trial for the prisoners of war.
4. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A stone.
(b) A flower.
(c) A coal.
(d) A feather.
5. Who first discovers Speed-booty and Havequick trying to plunder the emperor's things?
(a) The arch-marshal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
2. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
3. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
4. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
5. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)