|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
(b) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(c) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(d) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
2. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(b) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(c) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(d) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
4. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A sea horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A whale.
5. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A set of arrows.
(b) A carpet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A large platter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
2. What type of creature is Chiron?
3. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
4. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
5. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)