|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
(a) The emperor pardoned him from being burned years ago.
(b) He is the son of the emperor.
(c) The emperor gave him a parcel of land.
(d) The emperor has lent him a large sum of money.
2. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(b) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(c) Food and wine.
(d) Anvils and hammers to do work.
3. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(c) The chancellor.
4. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
(a) The sirens.
(b) The fates.
(c) The sphinxes.
(d) The ogres.
5. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) All the riches of the land.
(b) A harem of women.
(c) Power over the ocean.
(d) Power over all nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
2. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
3. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
4. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
5. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)