|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pardons Lynceus?
2. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) Classical Greece.
(c) His home, hell.
3. How does the emperor respond when he sees Faust in Scene 2 of Act IV?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is overjoyed and happy.
(c) He is fearful that Faust has come to seize the kingdom.
(d) He does not recognize him.
4. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The Mothers.
(c) The Graces.
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(c) Fairies of the field.
(d) The flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
2. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
3. What type of creature is Chiron?
4. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
5. What does the emperor give the Arch-Chamberlain in Scene 3 of Act IV?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)