|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
(a) To dance.
(b) To sing.
(c) To speak in rhyme.
(d) To play a lute.
2. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
(a) Because he fails to bow to Faust as he passes.
(b) Because Lynceus has stolen something from Faust.
(c) Because he fails to notice the arrival of Helen.
(d) Because he attempts to kiss Helen.
3. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) A castle in the North.
(c) The underworld.
(d) In the temple of Zeus.
4. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
5. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Mephistopheles claim caused the creation of the mountains and valleys in Act IV?
2. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
3. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
5. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)