|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(b) He makes no accusation towards the emperor.
(c) The rival emperor.
2. Who is attempting to take the kingdom of the emperor in Act IV?
(d) A rival emperor.
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) The approach of dawn.
(b) The rising moon.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) A thunder storm.
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
2. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
3. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
4. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)