|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A sea horse.
(b) A whale.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A bird.
2. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
(a) Because he attempts to kiss Helen.
(b) Because he fails to bow to Faust as he passes.
(c) Because he fails to notice the arrival of Helen.
(d) Because Lynceus has stolen something from Faust.
3. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
4. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bride.
(c) A new castle.
(d) A new horse.
5. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
(a) The sphinxes.
(b) The ogres.
(c) The fates.
(d) The sirens.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
2. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
3. Who first discovers Speed-booty and Havequick trying to plunder the emperor's things?
4. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
5. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)