|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
(a) Because he fails to bow to Faust as he passes.
(b) Because he fails to notice the arrival of Helen.
(c) Because he attempts to kiss Helen.
(d) Because Lynceus has stolen something from Faust.
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
3. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The common people and the clergy.
(b) The advisors and the soldiers.
(c) The clergy and the knights.
(d) The soldiers and the clergy.
4. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(b) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(c) He barely notices his surroundings.
(d) He finds everything dark and dreary.
5. Who is attempting to take the kingdom of the emperor in Act IV?
(d) A rival emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
2. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
3. How does the emperor respond when he sees Faust in Scene 2 of Act IV?
4. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
5. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)