|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A trial for the prisoners of war.
(b) A victory banquet.
(c) A masked ball.
(d) A triumphant parade.
2. Who pardons Lynceus?
3. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
(a) He is hopeful it will prosper.
(b) He fears it will be ruined by extortion of the church.
(c) He fears it will be conquered by another rival.
(d) He thinks things wil go back to how they were before the war.
4. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The plains of Pharsalus.
(b) The main square of Athens.
(c) The temple of Athena.
(d) The setting is not given.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
2. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
3. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
5. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)