|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
(a) Advanced weaponry technology.
(d) Additional troops.
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(a) Fairies of the field.
(b) The flowers.
3. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The Chancery.
(b) The Arch-bishop.
(d) The emperor.
4. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She is afraid of being attacked by disgruntled servants.
(b) She is afraid of being sacrificed by Menelaus.
(c) She is afraid she will never again see Paris.
(d) She is afraid of losing her beauty.
5. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
(a) Good things to come.
(b) The birth of an idea.
(c) The end of the day.
(d) A warning of an approaching evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
2. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
3. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
5. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)