|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The power to knight soldiers.
(b) The power to collect taxes on his territory.
(c) The power to grant asylum to refuges.
(d) The power to release prisoners of war.
2. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To weep for Helen.
(b) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(c) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
(d) To write a letter to Menelaus.
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(b) The Chancellor.
(c) The Field Marshal.
(d) The Steward.
4. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope he will lose his temper.
(b) They hope to learn his name.
(c) They hope to make him laugh.
(d) They hope to scare him away.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faust decides to help the emperor, what does Mephistopheles turn him into?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
4. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
5. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)