|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
2. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The Chancellor.
(b) The Steward.
(d) The Field Marshal.
3. Where does Helen go after the chorus tries to assuage her fears in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She flees to Arcadia.
(b) She goes into Athena's temple.
(c) Into the palace.
(d) Into a grove of trees.
4. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) They wintess a procession of women to a ritual sacrifice.
(b) The witness the rape of Leda.
(c) The witness a shooting star.
(d) They witness a battle taking place in the emporer's kingdom.
5. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(b) The setting is not disclosed.
(c) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(d) A brightly lighted room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of creature is Chiron?
2. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
3. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
4. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
5. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)