|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
2. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) Winter Solstice.
(c) May Day.
(d) Day of the Kings.
3. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(b) The flowers.
(c) Fairies of the field.
4. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Food and wine.
(b) Anvils and hammers to do work.
(c) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(d) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
5. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He barely notices his surroundings.
(b) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(c) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(d) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
4. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
5. What type of creature is Chiron?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)