|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
(a) No one takes his clothing.
2. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to learn his name.
(b) They hope to make him laugh.
(c) They hope he will lose his temper.
(d) They hope to scare him away.
3. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) He makes no accusation towards the emperor.
(d) The rival emperor.
4. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
5. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
3. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
4. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
5. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)