|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(b) He barely notices his surroundings.
(c) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(d) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
2. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The power to collect taxes on his territory.
(b) The power to release prisoners of war.
(c) The power to knight soldiers.
(d) The power to grant asylum to refuges.
3. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(d) The cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
2. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
3. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
4. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
5. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)