|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
2. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The common people and the clergy.
(b) The advisors and the soldiers.
(c) The soldiers and the clergy.
(d) The clergy and the knights.
3. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A demi-god.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A faun.
4. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(b) He barely notices his surroundings.
(c) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(d) He finds everything dark and dreary.
5. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The power to knight soldiers.
(b) The power to grant asylum to refuges.
(c) The power to collect taxes on his territory.
(d) The power to release prisoners of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Maia the patron god of?
2. What does the archbishop want the emperor to build on the land near the battlefield?
3. What does the emperor give the Arch-Chamberlain in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
5. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)