|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(b) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
2. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
(b) His money.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
(d) Helen's garments.
3. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The power to collect taxes on his territory.
(b) The power to knight soldiers.
(c) The power to release prisoners of war.
(d) The power to grant asylum to refuges.
4. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
5. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
2. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
4. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)