|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) Day of the Kings.
(c) May Day.
(d) Winter Solstice.
2. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
3. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) He is the guardian of the sea.
(b) He is the protector of ships.
(c) His job is not given in the novel.
(d) He is the servant of Neptune.
4. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
(b) A fool.
(c) His entourage is not described.
5. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
3. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
5. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)