|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They are indifferent to him.
(b) They find him beautiful.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They dislike him.
2. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
(a) In his castle in the north.
(b) In a river.
(c) Back in his study.
(d) On a mountain.
3. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A faun.
(b) A demi-god.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A centaur.
5. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The cathedral.
(b) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(c) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(d) The countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
2. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
3. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
5. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)