|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) A castle in the North.
(c) The underworld.
(d) In the temple of Zeus.
2. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
3. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
(b) Sea Monsters and St. Elmo's fire.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A group of fighting centaurs.
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first discovers Speed-booty and Havequick trying to plunder the emperor's things?
2. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
3. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
5. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)