|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
2. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
3. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
4. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
(a) Through paper notes signed by the emperor.
(b) He paid them with jewels from the emperor's treasure chamber.
(c) He has not paid anyone in the empire.
(d) With gold he found buried in the kingdom.
5. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) Otherwise Faust will die.
(b) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(c) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
(d) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
2. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
3. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
5. Just as Faust begins to tell Mephistopheles his true desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, what does Mephistopheles do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)