|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(b) Food and wine.
(c) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(d) Anvils and hammers to do work.
2. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
(a) He does not say who sent him.
(b) He claims he was sent by a wizard.
(c) He claims he was sent by the rival emperor.
(d) He claims he was sent by Zeus.
3. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(d) The country is not given.
4. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
(a) He fears it will be ruined by extortion of the church.
(b) He is hopeful it will prosper.
(c) He fears it will be conquered by another rival.
(d) He thinks things wil go back to how they were before the war.
5. What is Faust wearing when he first meets with the emperor in Act IV?
(a) He is in the classical dress of Greece.
(b) Long luxurient robes.
(c) Armor complete with a half-visor.
(d) He is dressed as poor villager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Havequick first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
3. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)