|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just as Faust begins to tell Mephistopheles his true desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, what does Mephistopheles do?
(a) Interupt him.
(b) Conjure Wagner to their location.
(c) He begins to ignore Faust and continue talking of fame.
(d) Leave the scene.
2. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
3. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) He is the guardian of the sea.
(b) He is the protector of ships.
(c) His job is not given in the novel.
(d) He is the servant of Neptune.
4. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The treasurer.
(b) The fool.
(c) His wiseman.
(d) The chancellor.
5. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) The arrival of a flock of birds.
(b) The appearance of volcano.
(c) The fall of a meteor, which disrupts the landscape.
(d) The lunar eclipse that takes place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
4. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
5. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)