|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink does the arch-cupbearer plan to give the emperor at the celebrations?
(a) A robust red wine.
(b) A simple drink of water.
(c) Grape juice in a golden goblet.
(d) A clear Venetian glass.
2. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) Power over all nations.
(b) A harem of women.
(c) All the riches of the land.
(d) Power over the ocean.
3. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The cathedral.
(b) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
4. Who is not one of the aides to Faust in Act IV?
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A cramped hand.
(b) A headache.
(c) A frozen foot.
(d) A sick stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prohibits Speed-booty and Havequick from packing away a pile of gold on their backs?
2. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
3. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
4. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
5. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)