|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
(b) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(c) Otherwise Faust will die.
(d) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
2. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
3. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(a) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
4. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(d) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
5. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) Anaxagoras and Thales.
(b) Anaxagoras and Xenophanes.
(c) Heraclitus and Thales.
(d) Socrates and Plato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
2. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
3. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
4. What does Maia steal from Ares?
5. When Faust decides to help the emperor, what does Mephistopheles turn him into?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)