|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
2. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
(a) Faust claims he does not desire anything.
(b) Faust refuses to respond to Mephistopheles's question.
(c) Faust tells Mephistopheles to guess his desires.
(d) Faust tells Mephistopheles he desires earthly powers.
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The Steward.
(c) The Field Marshal.
(d) The Chancellor.
4. What event does Mephistopheles claim caused the creation of the mountains and valleys in Act IV?
(a) He does not know how they were created.
(b) The exile of the devil.
(c) The birth of a new God.
(d) A meteor shower.
5. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
2. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
3. Who is not one of the aides to Faust in Act IV?
4. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
5. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)