|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He has several students assisting him.
(b) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
(c) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(d) He uses a new procedure.
2. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A carpet.
(b) A set of arrows.
(c) A ring.
(d) A large platter.
3. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
(b) Woe unto Faust.
4. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(a) The country is not given.
5. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to scare him away.
(b) They hope to make him laugh.
(c) They hope to learn his name.
(d) They hope he will lose his temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
2. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
3. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
4. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
5. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)