|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
(d) A phorkyad.
2. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The soldiers and the clergy.
(b) The common people and the clergy.
(c) The clergy and the knights.
(d) The advisors and the soldiers.
3. Just as Faust begins to tell Mephistopheles his true desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, what does Mephistopheles do?
(a) He begins to ignore Faust and continue talking of fame.
(b) Interupt him.
(c) Conjure Wagner to their location.
(d) Leave the scene.
4. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
(d) The position has not been filled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
2. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
4. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
5. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)