|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) He is bored with Paris.
(b) He wants Helen for himself.
(c) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
(d) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
2. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
3. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(b) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
(c) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(d) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
4. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
(b) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
(c) Otherwise Faust will die.
(d) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
5. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
2. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
3. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
4. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
5. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)