Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A magical key.
(b) A dark cloak.
(c) A map of the underworld.
(d) A password.
2. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(d) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
2. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
3. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
4. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)