|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
(a) Faust tells Mephistopheles to guess his desires.
(b) Faust tells Mephistopheles he desires earthly powers.
(c) Faust refuses to respond to Mephistopheles's question.
(d) Faust claims he does not desire anything.
2. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
3. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) A messenger brings her word to return.
(b) She is lonely and quickly seeks company from the chorus.
(c) She is frightened of a creature in the palace.
(d) She has forgotten her shawl, which she needs to enter the temple.
4. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(a) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
5. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
(b) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(c) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
(d) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
2. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
3. In the beginning of Act IV, what form do the clouds take on first?
4. What is the Maia the patron god of?
5. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)