|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gloomy Day. Open Country, Night. In Open Country and A Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gretchen finally admit to Faust before she leaves for home?
(a) She hates Mephistopheles.
(b) She does not wish to lose her virginity.
(c) She is not in love with Faust.
(d) She has thought about killing herself before.
2. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
(a) He will leave Mephistopheles.
(b) He will throw Mephistopheles into a church.
(c) He will reveal Mephistopheles to every witch in the country.
(d) He will imprison Mephistopheles in his study.
3. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's bedroom.
(b) Faust's kitchen.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's private chapel.
4. In musical terms, what is the scene "A Walpurgis's Night Dream" called in the text?
5. What about Faust concerns Gretchen the most?
(a) His atheism.
(b) His attitude towards Martha.
(c) His love of drinking.
(d) The state of his soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gretchen say she no longer has in "A Prison"?
2. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
3. For what reasons do Faust and Mephistopheles visit a witch?
4. Why was Gretchen forced to raise her now-deceased sister and take care of the house when she was younger?
5. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)