|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gloomy Day. Open Country, Night. In Open Country and A Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gretchen finally admit to Faust before she leaves for home?
(a) She hates Mephistopheles.
(b) She does not wish to lose her virginity.
(c) She is not in love with Faust.
(d) She has thought about killing herself before.
2. What does Faust believe about the girl he sees the image of at the witch's house?
(a) She is the reincaration of his late wife.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She holds paradise in her body.
(d) She will save his soul.
3. In the final scene, "A Prison," where does Gretchen want Faust to go?
(a) The gallows.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The church.
(d) The pond.
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. What does Gretchen pray for in "By a Shrine Inside the Town Wall, Night"?
(b) Atonement for her sins.
(c) Forgiveness for Faust.
(d) Mephistopheles's soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "A Forest Cavern," who is Faust addressing in the beginning?
2. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
3. What is the fate of the box of jewelry when Gretchen shows it to her mother?
4. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
5. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)