|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gloomy Day. Open Country, Night. In Open Country and A Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reasons do Faust and Mephistopheles visit a witch?
(a) The witch needs to lend Faust a spellbook.
(b) Faust needs a potion to make him young.
(c) The witch needs to stop time so that Faust may seduce a young woman.
(d) The witch needs to atone for her behavior towards Mephistopheles.
2. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
(a) Mephistopheles must bring Faust pleasure in life.
(b) Mephistopheles must appear as an animal.
(c) Mephistopheles must pray with him every day.
(d) Mephistopheles must allow Faust to become younger.
3. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's study.
(b) Faust's private chapel.
(c) Faust's kitchen.
(d) Faust's bedroom.
4. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will only come closer to God.
(b) Faust will not recognize evil.
(c) Faust will go insane.
(d) Faust will turn away from God.
5. From what play are many of the characters in "A Walpurgis Night's Dream" drawn?
(a) "Iphigenia in Tauris."
(b) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(c) "Spring Awakening: A Children's Tragedy."
(d) "The Spanish Tragedy."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
2. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
3. Who is singing in the church?
4. What does Faust believe about the girl he sees the image of at the witch's house?
5. What must Faust promise in order to get Gretchen to accept and use the item he gives her in "Martha's Garden"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)