|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gloomy Day. Open Country, Night. In Open Country and A Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
(a) Faust is too old to find pleasure in others.
(b) Faust doubts Mephistopheles is who he claims to be.
(c) Mephistopheles will fail to uphold his end of the bargain.
(d) Mephistopheles will never satisfy Faust.
2. For what reasons does Gretchen want Faust to go to a particular location in "A Prison"?
(a) She wants him to pray for his soul.
(b) She wants him to be there when she dies.
(c) She wants him to save the child she drowned there.
(d) She wants him to visit their child's grave.
3. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
(a) He will imprison Mephistopheles in his study.
(b) He will leave Mephistopheles.
(c) He will reveal Mephistopheles to every witch in the country.
(d) He will throw Mephistopheles into a church.
4. According to Musaget, what is easier to "govern than the Muses"?
(d) The ocean waves.
5. Where does Mephistopheles urge Faust to go at the end of "A Forest Cavern"?
(a) Gretchen's bed.
(c) Martha's garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gretchen wish to keep the jewelry Faust and Mephistopheles secretly leave for her?
2. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
3. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
4. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
5. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)