|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gloomy Day. Open Country, Night. In Open Country and A Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Wasting his life in a pub.
(b) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(c) Becoming a barrister.
(d) Going into the seminary.
2. Where does Mephistopheles urge Faust to go at the end of "A Forest Cavern"?
(b) Martha's garden.
(c) Gretchen's bed.
3. What scene is being presented in "A Walpurgis Night's Dream"?
(a) Titania and Oberon's wedding.
(b) Bel-Imperia's imprisonment.
(c) Iphigenia's escape from Tauris.
(d) The rape of Wendla.
4. What is the occupation of Gretchen's brother?
5. What does Faust propose to Gretchen during "Martha's Garden"?
(a) He asks if she would run away with him.
(b) He asks if they can sleep together.
(c) He asks if they can get married.
(d) He asks if she would like to move in with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
2. .0 0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
3. How does Mephistopheles give Martha contradicting statements about her husband in "The Neighbor's House"?
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to Gretchen's cell at the end of the play?
5. What purpose does Gretchen's song serve in prison?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)