|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gloomy Day. Open Country, Night. In Open Country and A Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gretchen say she no longer has in "A Prison"?
2. From where does the voice at the end of "Faust" come?
3. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) They are kicked out of the pub.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They exit through the window.
(d) They vanish.
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He and God are friends.
(b) He has to ask God for a favor.
(c) God invited him.
(d) He sneaked in behind another angel.
5. What does Valentine admit to Gretchen before he dies?
(a) He knows her secret.
(b) He poisoned her drink.
(c) He has alerted their priest about her condition.
(d) He has renounced God because of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
2. Why does Gretchen choose this particular person to pray to during "By a Shrine Inside the Town Wall, Night"?
3. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
4. In "Evening," what does Gretchen admit to herself?
5. What is Faust's title?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)