|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gloomy Day. Open Country, Night. In Open Country and A Prison.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Biblical character is apparently present on Walpurgis Night?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
2. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to hallucinate.
(b) Three of the men die.
(c) They begin to fall asleep.
(d) They begin to speak in tongues.
3. Who criticizes the dancing on the mountain?
(b) The Proctophantamist.
(c) The Huckster-Witch.
4. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(b) The church bells.
(c) The sound of children playing.
(d) The rising sun.
5. How does the girl first react to Faust when she meets him?
(a) She is flattered.
(c) She tries to kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gretchen's friend?
2. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
3. Where does "Night" take place?
4. Of what is Faust irrationally jealous in regards to its proximity to Gretchen?
5. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)