|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
(a) He tells her that God will punish her if she ever speaks a word against her husband.
(b) He tells her that she deserves to move on immediately.
(c) He tells her to grieve for him for the rest of her life.
(d) He tells her to grieve for the appropriate time and then find a new husband.
2. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to speak in tongues.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) Three of the men die.
(d) They begin to hallucinate.
3. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(c) Present time for the production.
(d) The present as it was when the play was written.
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black poodle.
(b) A black crow.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A black rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles mock to Faust after Gretchen leaves in "Martha's Garden?"
2. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
3. What does Mephistopheles warn Faust about in regards to his affections for Gretchen?
4. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
5. Why does Gretchen wish to keep the jewelry Faust and Mephistopheles secretly leave for her?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)