|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black crow.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A black poodle.
(d) A black rabbit.
2. What is the occupation of Gretchen's brother?
3. What does Faust believe about the girl he sees the image of at the witch's house?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She holds paradise in her body.
(c) She is the reincaration of his late wife.
(d) She will save his soul.
4. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) The present as it was when the play was written.
(b) Present time for the production.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
5. What is Mephistopheles forced to wear while waiting for the witch?
(a) A belt made out of human skin.
(b) A broken crown.
(c) A tattered cape.
(d) A large black boot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
2. Where does Mephistopheles leave the box of jewelry for Gretchen before he and Faust leave her room?
3. What does Mephistopheles warn Faust about in regards to his affections for Gretchen?
4. What is the fate of the box of jewelry when Gretchen shows it to her mother?
5. What does Valentine admit to Gretchen before he dies?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)