|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gretchen feel about Barbara?
(a) She feels triumphant at her friend's downfall.
(b) She feels ashamed of her.
(c) She feels sorry for her.
(d) She is angry at her.
2. What reason does Martha cite for not inviting Mephistopheles to stay longer with her at the end of "A Garden"?
(a) He scares her.
(b) She would feel like a hypocrite by inviting him in.
(c) Nosy neighbors.
(d) She does not trust him to not attempt a seduction.
3. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
4. How does the girl first react to Faust when she meets him?
(a) She is flattered.
(d) She tries to kiss him.
5. In "Evening," what does Gretchen admit to herself?
(a) She wishes to become a nun.
(b) She is afraid of men.
(c) She is attracted to Faust.
(d) She does not like to go outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
2. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
3. Why was Gretchen forced to raise her now-deceased sister and take care of the house when she was younger?
4. How does Lieschen feel about Barbara?
5. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)