|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gretchen's secret?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She killed her mother on purpose.
(d) She is glad that Valentine is dead.
2. According to Lieschen, how did Barbara spend her evenings and nights?
(b) With her mother.
(c) With men.
(d) Dancing in the woods.
3. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They vanish.
(c) They are kicked out of the pub.
(d) They exit through the window.
4. What news does Mephistopheles give Martha in her first scene?
(a) Her husband is in jail.
(b) Her husband is dead.
(c) Her husband has joined the militia.
(d) Her husband is on his way home.
5. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
(a) Warm itself by the fire.
(d) Stay calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the witch burn herself on her cauldron?
2. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
3. What is Gretchen attending during "A Cathedral"?
4. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
5. What does Gretchen believe about Mephistopheles?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)