|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gretchen attending during "A Cathedral"?
(b) Lenten rituals.
(c) A mass for the dead.
(d) Sunday morning mass.
2. What does Mephistopheles claim happened to Martha's husband?
(a) He drowned at sea.
(b) He died of a sexually transmitted disease from the woman he spent his fortune on.
(c) He was arrested for murder and executed.
(d) He was beaten to death in a bar fight.
3. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) New Year.
(c) May Day.
4. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
5. What does Gretchen believe will happen when she and Faust are separated in "A Garden?"
(a) Faust will not be able to stop thinking about her.
(b) Gretchen will cry herself to sleep out of loneliness.
(c) He will forget about her.
(d) Faust will probably need to laugh about her ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gretchen finally admit to Faust before she leaves for home?
2. What reason does Martha cite for not inviting Mephistopheles to stay longer with her at the end of "A Garden"?
3. How does Gretchen feel about Barbara?
4. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)