|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Faust concerns Gretchen the most?
(a) His atheism.
(b) His love of drinking.
(c) The state of his soul.
(d) His attitude towards Martha.
2. What has worsened Barbara's plight, according to Lieschen?
(a) Barbara is very ill.
(b) Barbara has recently been robbed and has no money.
(c) Barbara has renounced God.
(d) The father of Barbara's baby has run away.
3. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Stifling his creativity.
(b) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(c) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(d) Giving him his big break.
4. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Wasting his life in a pub.
(b) Becoming a barrister.
(c) Going into the seminary.
(d) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
5. What does Martha warn Mephistopheles about while Gretchen and Faust speak?
(a) She warns him that Faust better not hurt Gretchen.
(b) She warns him that Gretchen is on the brink of joining a nunnery.
(c) She warns him that he will be unhappy in their town.
(d) She warns him to not die a bachelor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mephistopheles leave the box of jewelry for Gretchen before he and Faust leave her room?
2. How does Valentine currently feel about Gretchen?
3. Where does Faust first see the image of the girl with whom he grows obsessed?
4. Who is singing in the church?
5. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)