|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valentine duel Mephistopheles and Faust?
(a) He thinks Faust raped Gretchen.
(b) Faust insulted him.
(c) Mephistopheles cast a spell on Valentine to manipulate him into a duel.
(d) He is protecting Gretchen's honor.
2. What is Mephistopheles forced to wear while waiting for the witch?
(a) A tattered cape.
(b) A broken crown.
(c) A belt made out of human skin.
(d) A large black boot.
3. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He has to ask God for a favor.
(b) He and God are friends.
(c) God invited him.
(d) He sneaked in behind another angel.
4. What is Faust's title?
5. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
2. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
3. Why does Gretchen believe people tell her that she is beautiful?
4. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
5. What has worsened Barbara's plight, according to Lieschen?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)