|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gretchen's Room, Martha's Garden, and At The Well.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Faust step inside of in order to begin the spell to make him appear younger?
(a) A pentagram.
(b) A circle.
(c) A series of squares.
(d) A triangles.
2. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Attack each other with knives.
(b) Leave for another country.
(c) Pillage a neighboring village.
(d) Commit suicide.
3. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is writing a suicide note.
(b) He is burning his books.
(c) He is reviewing his knowledge.
(d) He is reading the Bible.
4. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In plain sight of Faust.
(b) Behind the stove.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) In the next room.
5. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
(a) He tells her to grieve for him for the rest of her life.
(b) He tells her that she deserves to move on immediately.
(c) He tells her to grieve for the appropriate time and then find a new husband.
(d) He tells her that God will punish her if she ever speaks a word against her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Gretchen and Faust doing during "A Summerhouse"?
2. What does Martha admit about the second box of jewelry?
3. When Gretchen re-enters her room in "Evening," how does she begin to feel?
4. What does Faust believe about the girl he sees the image of at the witch's house?
5. What does Faust promise Gretchen in "A Garden"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)