|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gretchen's Room, Martha's Garden, and At The Well.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mephistopheles and Faust contemplating at the end of "A Street"?
(a) The girl's name.
(b) Gifts for the girl.
(c) The affect the girl's saintly disposition has on Mephistopheles.
(d) The effects of the witch's potion.
2. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
(b) The street.
(c) A dressmaker's shop.
(d) His sister's house.
3. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) The beauty of His work.
(b) The grandeur of His presence.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His compassion.
4. Why was Gretchen forced to raise her now-deceased sister and take care of the house when she was younger?
(a) Her mother was in prison.
(b) Her mother was ill.
(c) Her father disappeared.
(d) Her mother was forced to work as a maid.
5. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A black poodle.
(c) A black rabbit.
(d) A black crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Evening," what does Gretchen admit to herself?
2. What does Martha advise Gretchen to do with the second box of jewelry that was mysteriously left for her?
3. What does Mephistopheles claim happened to Martha's husband?
4. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
5. What does Mephistopheles promise Gretchen at the end of "The Neighbor's House"?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)