|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gretchen's Room, Martha's Garden, and At The Well.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles suggest about Faust's vows of love to Gretchen in "A Street"?
(a) He will be blaspheming.
(b) He will be sincere.
(c) He will be lying.
(d) He will be manipulating Gretchen into doing the same.
2. What does Gretchen do with the daisy she picks while walking with Faust?
(a) She throws it in the water.
(b) She plays "He loves me, he loves me not."
(c) She throws it in the fire.
(d) She puts it in her hair.
3. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He feels slighted by the academic community.
(b) He no longer believes in his work.
(c) He never wanted to be a scholar.
(d) He is neither wealthy or famous.
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. Where does Mephistopheles leave the box of jewelry for Gretchen before he and Faust leave her room?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) By the window.
(c) Her cabinet.
(d) On her pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of the box of jewelry when Gretchen shows it to her mother?
2. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
3. What does Mephistopheles warn Faust about in regards to his affections for Gretchen?
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
5. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)