|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gretchen's Room, Martha's Garden, and At The Well.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) Behind the stove.
(b) In the next room.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) In plain sight of Faust.
2. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
(a) Those who were around him while he was writing "Faust" are long dead.
(b) The author has decided to end his own life.
(c) The author has recently realized that he is an atheist.
(d) The modern world moves too fast for the author.
3. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
4. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
(a) The Necronomicon.
(b) The Book of Kells.
(c) A spellbook.
(d) The Old Testament backwards.
5. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faust awed by, according to the beginning of "A Forest Cavern"?
2. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
3. What is the purpose of the item Faust gives Gretchen at the end of "Martha's Garden"?
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
5. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)