|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gretchen's Room, Martha's Garden, and At The Well.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In the next room.
(b) Under the couch.
(c) Behind the stove.
(d) In plain sight of Faust.
2. What is the occupation of Gretchen's brother?
3. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is an evil spirit.
(b) It is a sign from God.
(c) It is his pet from childhood.
(d) It is an escaped pet.
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's cousin.
(b) He is Faust's student.
(c) He is Faust's nephew.
(d) He is Faust's caretaker.
5. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
(a) Mephistopheles must allow Faust to become younger.
(b) Mephistopheles must appear as an animal.
(c) Mephistopheles must pray with him every day.
(d) Mephistopheles must bring Faust pleasure in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. While considering Faust's request in "Martha's Garden," of what is Gretchen afraid?
2. What are Gretchen and Faust doing during "A Summerhouse"?
3. What does Mephistopheles mock to Faust after Gretchen leaves in "Martha's Garden?"
4. Where does "Night" take place?
5. What is Mephistopheles forced to wear while waiting for the witch?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)