|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gretchen's Room, Martha's Garden, and At The Well.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles promise Gretchen at the end of "The Neighbor's House"?
(a) He will sell the jewelry for her.
(b) He will introduce her to Faust.
(c) He will say a prayer for her.
(d) He will try to hire her for some tailor work.
2. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
(a) He tells her that she deserves to move on immediately.
(b) He tells her to grieve for the appropriate time and then find a new husband.
(c) He tells her to grieve for him for the rest of her life.
(d) He tells her that God will punish her if she ever speaks a word against her husband.
3. Of what is Faust irrationally jealous in regards to its proximity to Gretchen?
(a) Her bed.
(b) The Body of Christ in Communion.
(c) Her bonnet.
(d) The necklace around her neck.
4. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
5. During "A Forest Cavern," who is Faust addressing in the beginning?
(c) A spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lieschen, how did Barbara spend her evenings and nights?
2. What does Martha believe about her abusive husband?
3. What is Martha attempting to do with Mephistopheles in "A Garden"?
4. What does Faust do when left alone in Gretchen's room in "Evening"?
5. What does Martha warn Mephistopheles about while Gretchen and Faust speak?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)