|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
2. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His relationship with God.
(d) His will to live.
3. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to fall asleep.
(b) They begin to speak in tongues.
(c) They begin to hallucinate.
(d) Three of the men die.
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's cousin.
(b) He is Faust's caretaker.
(c) He is Faust's nephew.
(d) He is Faust's student.
5. How does the girl first react to Faust when she meets him?
(c) She tries to kiss him.
(d) She is flattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
2. Why does Gretchen wish to keep the jewelry Faust and Mephistopheles secretly leave for her?
3. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
4. What is Faust's title?
5. What does Faust believe about the girl he sees the image of at the witch's house?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)