|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Faust step inside of in order to begin the spell to make him appear younger?
(a) A pentagram.
(b) A series of squares.
(c) A circle.
(d) A triangles.
2. Where does Mephistopheles leave the box of jewelry for Gretchen before he and Faust leave her room?
(a) Her cabinet.
(b) By the window.
(c) On her pillow.
(d) Under her bed.
3. How does Mephistopheles give Martha contradicting statements about her husband in "The Neighbor's House"?
(a) He tells her that her husband is dead and then alive.
(b) He hints at different times that her husband loved her or did not love her.
(c) He tells her that her husband was a homosexual, but probably not.
(d) He tells her that her husband was a great man and a despicable man.
4. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) Under the couch.
(b) In plain sight of Faust.
(c) In the next room.
(d) Behind the stove.
5. What does Mephistopheles promise to attempt to secure for Faust in regards to the girl at the end of "A Street?"
(a) The promise of marriage from the girl.
(b) A visit to the girl's bedroom.
(c) The girl's name.
(d) The girl's ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
2. How does the girl first react to Faust when she meets him?
3. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
4. What does Martha believe about her abusive husband?
5. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)