|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to fall asleep.
(b) They begin to speak in tongues.
(c) Three of the men die.
(d) They begin to hallucinate.
2. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
(a) Sacrifice a white goat.
(b) Bathe in full moonlight.
(c) Keep moving.
(d) Eat a specific herb that can only be seen at midnight.
3. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people are liars.
(b) The people respect him.
(c) The people are mocking him.
(d) The people are all heretics.
4. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Qur'an.
(d) Myths about Mesopotamia.
5. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
(a) He will throw Mephistopheles into a church.
(b) He will imprison Mephistopheles in his study.
(c) He will leave Mephistopheles.
(d) He will reveal Mephistopheles to every witch in the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
2. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
3. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
4. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
5. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)