|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Wasting his life in a pub.
(b) Becoming a barrister.
(c) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(d) Going into the seminary.
2. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is his pet from childhood.
(b) It is a sign from God.
(c) It is an evil spirit.
(d) It is an escaped pet.
3. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) The chimney.
(c) The cauldron.
(d) The window.
4. What does Martha admit about the second box of jewelry?
(a) The jewelry is very likely stolen.
(b) The jewelry is gaudy.
(c) The jewelry is probably heaven-sent.
(d) She feels uneasy around the jewelry.
5. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(b) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(c) Giving him his big break.
(d) Stifling his creativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of the box of jewelry when Gretchen shows it to her mother?
2. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
3. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
4. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
5. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)