|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
(a) The people are bitter because of their lot in life.
(b) The people highly respect Faust.
(c) The poor people who have faith in God look at life less seriously than Faust.
(d) The people are confused by Faust's presence.
2. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(b) Myths about Mesopotamia.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Qur'an.
3. Where does Mephistopheles leave the box of jewelry for Gretchen before he and Faust leave her room?
(a) On her pillow.
(b) Her cabinet.
(c) By the window.
(d) Under her bed.
4. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) His compassion.
(b) The grandeur of His presence.
(c) The beauty of His work.
(d) His knowledge.
5. What are Mephistopheles and Faust contemplating at the end of "A Street"?
(a) Gifts for the girl.
(b) The affect the girl's saintly disposition has on Mephistopheles.
(c) The effects of the witch's potion.
(d) The girl's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
2. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
3. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
4. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
5. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)