|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(b) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust is having an affair.
2. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
3. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
(a) He will imprison Mephistopheles in his study.
(b) He will reveal Mephistopheles to every witch in the country.
(c) He will leave Mephistopheles.
(d) He will throw Mephistopheles into a church.
4. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is an evil spirit.
(b) It is a sign from God.
(c) It is his pet from childhood.
(d) It is an escaped pet.
5. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
(a) Mephistopheles will fail to uphold his end of the bargain.
(b) Mephistopheles will never satisfy Faust.
(c) Faust doubts Mephistopheles is who he claims to be.
(d) Faust is too old to find pleasure in others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
2. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
3. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
4. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
5. Where does "Night" take place?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)