|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(b) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(c) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
(d) Faust is counting his money.
2. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In the next room.
(b) Behind the stove.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) In plain sight of Faust.
3. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
(a) She spits at Faust.
(b) She does not recognize him as her master.
(c) She hits her baboons.
(d) She tries to renounce her evil ways.
4. Where does Mephistopheles leave the box of jewelry for Gretchen before he and Faust leave her room?
(a) By the window.
(b) Under her bed.
(c) Her cabinet.
(d) On her pillow.
5. In "Evening," what does Gretchen admit to herself?
(a) She is attracted to Faust.
(b) She is afraid of men.
(c) She wishes to become a nun.
(d) She does not like to go outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
2. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
3. Where does Faust first see the image of the girl with whom he grows obsessed?
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
5. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)