|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reasons do Faust and Mephistopheles visit a witch?
(a) Faust needs a potion to make him young.
(b) The witch needs to stop time so that Faust may seduce a young woman.
(c) The witch needs to atone for her behavior towards Mephistopheles.
(d) The witch needs to lend Faust a spellbook.
2. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The church bells.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) The sound of children playing.
(d) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
3. What does Martha believe about her abusive husband?
(a) He is traveling abroad with his mistress.
(b) He is going to kill her one day.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is jealous of her wealth.
4. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
(a) He lusts after a village girl.
(b) He is unhappy with life.
(c) He is comfortable with Mephistopheles in his life.
(d) He resents God.
5. After he drinks the potion, what does Faust want to do?
(a) Seduce a random woman.
(b) See the girl from the mirror.
(c) Travel to another country.
(d) Join the militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
2. .0 0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
3. Where does Mephistopheles leave the box of jewelry for Gretchen before he and Faust leave her room?
4. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
5. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)