|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The river.
(c) The forest.
(d) The church.
2. What does Mephistopheles promise Gretchen at the end of "The Neighbor's House"?
(a) He will try to hire her for some tailor work.
(b) He will sell the jewelry for her.
(c) He will introduce her to Faust.
(d) He will say a prayer for her.
3. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
(b) Dagger to the heart.
(d) Gunshot to the head.
4. What does Martha admit about the second box of jewelry?
(a) The jewelry is very likely stolen.
(b) The jewelry is probably heaven-sent.
(c) She feels uneasy around the jewelry.
(d) The jewelry is gaudy.
5. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
(a) The girl truly loves Faust.
(b) She has just gone to confession.
(c) The girl is an atheist.
(d) Faust must truly be in love with the girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of the box of jewelry when Gretchen shows it to her mother?
2. What does Martha believe about her abusive husband?
3. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
4. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
5. What comforts Gretchen's mother when the priest takes the jewels away?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)