|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
(a) He wants to debunk the myth of magic.
(b) He thinks it is the only way he can expand his mind.
(c) He is attracted to a witch.
(d) He wants to summon Mephistopheles.
2. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is counting his money.
(b) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(c) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(d) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
3. After he drinks the potion, what does Faust want to do?
(a) Join the militia.
(b) Seduce a random woman.
(c) Travel to another country.
(d) See the girl from the mirror.
4. What comforts Gretchen's mother when the priest takes the jewels away?
(a) The priest assures her that Gretchen is still a virgin.
(b) The priest promises they will be rich in heaven.
(c) The priest offers to help Gretchen find a husband.
(d) The priest absolves her and Gretchen of any wrong-doing.
5. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
(a) He starts to fear for his sanity.
(b) He becomes afraid.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Night" take place?
2. What does Mephistopheles claim happened to Martha's husband?
3. .0 0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
4. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
5. What news does Mephistopheles give Martha in her first scene?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)