|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
2. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His will to live.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His relationship with God.
3. What does Martha advise Gretchen to do with the second box of jewelry that was mysteriously left for her?
(a) She is advised to not show her mother this time.
(b) Gretchen should give it to the priest again.
(c) She will keep it at Martha's house.
(d) Martha will sell it for her, and they will split the money.
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's cousin.
(b) He is Faust's nephew.
(c) He is Faust's caretaker.
(d) He is Faust's student.
5. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's private chapel.
(b) Faust's bedroom.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
2. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
3. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
4. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
5. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)