|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Evening, A Promenade, and The Neighbor's House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
2. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(b) Wasting his life in a pub.
(c) Going into the seminary.
(d) Becoming a barrister.
3. What is the fate of the box of jewelry when Gretchen shows it to her mother?
(a) Gretchen buried it in the garden.
(b) Gretchen had to give it to her priest.
(c) Gretchen sold the jewelry and gave the money to charity.
(d) Gretchen throws the jewelry away.
4. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
5. What does Faust do when left alone in Gretchen's room in "Evening"?
(a) Visualizes her growing up.
(b) He leaves a rose on her pillow.
(c) He lays down in her bed.
(d) He steals an article of clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
2. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
3. Where does Faust first see the image of the girl with whom he grows obsessed?
4. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
5. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)