|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
(a) Keep moving.
(b) Bathe in full moonlight.
(c) Eat a specific herb that can only be seen at midnight.
(d) Sacrifice a white goat.
2. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
(a) The window.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The cauldron.
(d) The chimney.
3. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(b) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(c) Giving him his big break.
(d) Stifling his creativity.
4. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
(a) A dressmaker's shop.
(b) His sister's house.
(c) The street.
5. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(b) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
(c) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(d) Faust is counting his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
2. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
3. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
4. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
5. What is Mephistopheles forced to wear while waiting for the witch?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)