|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will not recognize evil.
(b) Faust will turn away from God.
(c) Faust will only come closer to God.
(d) Faust will go insane.
2. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) His compassion.
(b) The grandeur of His presence.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) The beauty of His work.
3. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
(a) His sister's house.
(c) A dressmaker's shop.
(d) The street.
4. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(b) Giving him his big break.
(c) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(d) Stifling his creativity.
5. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
(a) A cross hangs over the door.
(b) A pentagram has been drawn on the threshold.
(c) Faust left his Bible by the door.
(d) The rest of the house has been blessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
2. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
3. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
4. Why does the witch burn herself on her cauldron?
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)