|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Faust step inside of in order to begin the spell to make him appear younger?
(a) A circle.
(b) A series of squares.
(c) A pentagram.
(d) A triangles.
2. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Dried meat.
(c) Drinks he conjured up.
(d) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
3. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(c) May Day.
(d) New Year.
4. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) The sound of children playing.
(d) The church bells.
5. After he drinks the potion, what does Faust want to do?
(a) Join the militia.
(b) Travel to another country.
(c) Seduce a random woman.
(d) See the girl from the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
2. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
3. How does the girl first react to Faust when she meets him?
4. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
5. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)