|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
2. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(b) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
3. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
(a) A male dog.
(b) A female cat.
(c) A male turtle.
(d) A female baboon.
4. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will turn away from God.
(b) Faust will go insane.
(c) Faust will only come closer to God.
(d) Faust will not recognize evil.
5. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) The present as it was when the play was written.
(b) The past.
(c) Present time for the production.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
2. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
3. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
4. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
5. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)