|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Dried meat.
(c) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
(d) Drinks he conjured up.
2. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
(a) A barrister.
(b) A broker.
(c) A priest.
(d) A student.
3. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
4. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(b) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(c) Faust is counting his money.
(d) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
5. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) Three of the men die.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) They begin to speak in tongues.
(d) They begin to hallucinate.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
2. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
4. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
5. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)