|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
(a) He starts to fear for his sanity.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He becomes afraid.
2. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's cousin.
(b) He is Faust's student.
(c) He is Faust's caretaker.
(d) He is Faust's nephew.
3. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
(a) She has just gone to confession.
(b) The girl truly loves Faust.
(c) Faust must truly be in love with the girl.
(d) The girl is an atheist.
4. What does Faust believe about the girl he sees the image of at the witch's house?
(a) She is the reincaration of his late wife.
(b) She will save his soul.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) She holds paradise in her body.
5. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
(b) His sister's house.
(c) A dressmaker's shop.
(d) The street.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
2. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
3. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
4. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
5. What does Mephistopheles promise to attempt to secure for Faust in regards to the girl at the end of "A Street?"
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)