|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to hallucinate.
(b) They begin to speak in tongues.
(c) They begin to fall asleep.
(d) Three of the men die.
2. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
(a) Gunshot to the head.
(b) Dagger to the heart.
3. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(b) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(c) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(d) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
4. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
(a) He thinks it is the only way he can expand his mind.
(b) He wants to summon Mephistopheles.
(c) He wants to debunk the myth of magic.
(d) He is attracted to a witch.
5. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(a) The Odyssey.
(c) The Qur'an.
(d) Myths about Mesopotamia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the witch burn herself on her cauldron?
2. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
3. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
4. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
5. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)