|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
(a) A female cat.
(b) A male turtle.
(c) A female baboon.
(d) A male dog.
2. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
(a) She hits her baboons.
(b) She tries to renounce her evil ways.
(c) She spits at Faust.
(d) She does not recognize him as her master.
3. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's study.
(b) Faust's bedroom.
(c) Faust's private chapel.
(d) Faust's kitchen.
4. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
5. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
(a) Stay calm.
(c) Warm itself by the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
2. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
3. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)