|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(b) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(c) Faust is counting his money.
(d) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
2. For what reasons do Faust and Mephistopheles visit a witch?
(a) The witch needs to atone for her behavior towards Mephistopheles.
(b) The witch needs to stop time so that Faust may seduce a young woman.
(c) The witch needs to lend Faust a spellbook.
(d) Faust needs a potion to make him young.
3. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people are all heretics.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people respect him.
(d) The people are liars.
4. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) The cauldron.
(c) The chimney.
(d) The window.
5. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Giving him his big break.
(b) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(c) Stifling his creativity.
(d) Sabotaging him on purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
2. Where does Faust first see the image of the girl with whom he grows obsessed?
3. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
4. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
5. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)