|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
2. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's bedroom.
(b) Faust's kitchen.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's private chapel.
3. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
(c) Stay calm.
(d) Warm itself by the fire.
4. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to fall asleep.
(b) They begin to hallucinate.
(c) They begin to speak in tongues.
(d) Three of the men die.
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) Ink made up of blood and ash.
(b) Consecrated wine.
(c) His own blood.
(d) Mephistopheles's blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
2. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
3. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
4. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)