|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In the next room.
(b) Under the couch.
(c) In plain sight of Faust.
(d) Behind the stove.
2. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's kitchen.
(b) Faust's bedroom.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's private chapel.
3. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) Consecrated wine.
(b) Ink made up of blood and ash.
(c) Mephistopheles's blood.
(d) His own blood.
4. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
(a) A spellbook.
(b) The Book of Kells.
(c) The Old Testament backwards.
(d) The Necronomicon.
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) His compassion.
(b) The grandeur of His presence.
(c) The beauty of His work.
(d) His knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
2. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
3. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
4. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)