|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(b) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
2. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
(a) She hits her baboons.
(b) She does not recognize him as her master.
(c) She tries to renounce her evil ways.
(d) She spits at Faust.
3. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
(a) He looks down upon them.
(b) He feels they are worthy of his attention.
(c) He feels as if they are a great amusement.
(d) He feels that they are misguided creatures.
4. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people respect him.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people are liars.
(d) The people are all heretics.
5. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
(a) Those who were around him while he was writing "Faust" are long dead.
(b) The author has recently realized that he is an atheist.
(c) The author has decided to end his own life.
(d) The modern world moves too fast for the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
2. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
3. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
4. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
5. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)