|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
(a) Bathe in full moonlight.
(b) Eat a specific herb that can only be seen at midnight.
(c) Sacrifice a white goat.
(d) Keep moving.
2. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
(a) A cross hangs over the door.
(b) The rest of the house has been blessed.
(c) Faust left his Bible by the door.
(d) A pentagram has been drawn on the threshold.
3. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) Under the couch.
(b) Behind the stove.
(c) In plain sight of Faust.
(d) In the next room.
4. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) May Day.
(b) New Year.
5. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The church bells.
(b) The sound of children playing.
(c) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(d) The rising sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
2. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
3. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
4. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
5. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)