|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) Political activism.
(b) Spiritual fulfillment.
(d) The memories of his loved ones.
2. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
(a) Eat a specific herb that can only be seen at midnight.
(b) Bathe in full moonlight.
(c) Keep moving.
(d) Sacrifice a white goat.
3. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) God invited him.
(b) He sneaked in behind another angel.
(c) He and God are friends.
(d) He has to ask God for a favor.
4. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
(a) The Old Testament backwards.
(b) The Necronomicon.
(c) A spellbook.
(d) The Book of Kells.
5. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
(a) She has just gone to confession.
(b) The girl is an atheist.
(c) Faust must truly be in love with the girl.
(d) The girl truly loves Faust.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
2. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
3. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
4. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)