|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Making money.
(b) Casting the right actors.
(c) Creating true art.
(d) Astounding the audience.
2. Why does the witch burn herself on her cauldron?
(a) She forgets that she is warming up the cauldron.
(b) She drops her book in the cauldron and has to fetch it.
(c) The baboon lets it boil over.
(d) She falls into the fire.
3. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's nephew.
(b) He is Faust's cousin.
(c) He is Faust's caretaker.
(d) He is Faust's student.
4. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(b) Wasting his life in a pub.
(c) Going into the seminary.
(d) Becoming a barrister.
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) The grandeur of His presence.
(b) The beauty of His work.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
2. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
3. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
4. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
5. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)