|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Making money.
(b) Casting the right actors.
(c) Astounding the audience.
(d) Creating true art.
2. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In the next room.
(b) In plain sight of Faust.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) Behind the stove.
3. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His will to live.
(c) His relationship with God.
(d) His intelligence.
4. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Dried meat.
(b) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
(c) Drinks he conjured up.
(d) Gold coins.
5. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
(a) She spits at Faust.
(b) She does not recognize him as her master.
(c) She hits her baboons.
(d) She tries to renounce her evil ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. .0 0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
2. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
3. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
4. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
5. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)