|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will not recognize evil.
(b) Faust will go insane.
(c) Faust will turn away from God.
(d) Faust will only come closer to God.
2. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
(a) The people highly respect Faust.
(b) The people are bitter because of their lot in life.
(c) The people are confused by Faust's presence.
(d) The poor people who have faith in God look at life less seriously than Faust.
3. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
(a) He thinks it is the only way he can expand his mind.
(b) He is attracted to a witch.
(c) He wants to debunk the myth of magic.
(d) He wants to summon Mephistopheles.
4. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Going into the seminary.
(b) Wasting his life in a pub.
(c) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(d) Becoming a barrister.
5. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Attack each other with knives.
(b) Leave for another country.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Pillage a neighboring village.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
2. Where does "Night" take place?
3. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
4. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)