|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Dried meat.
(b) Drinks he conjured up.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
2. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
(a) Serve Mephistopheles in hell.
(b) Renounce God with the intention of having others renounce him as well.
(c) Kill Wagner.
(d) Give up his holy studies.
3. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
(a) Take suggestions from the audience and create a play.
(b) Perform a comedy.
(c) Take the audience on a journey from heaven to hell.
(d) They will perform a classic tragedy instead of their play.
4. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(b) May Day.
(c) New Year.
5. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
(a) He starts to fear for his sanity.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He becomes afraid.
(d) He gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
2. Why does the witch burn herself on her cauldron?
3. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
4. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
5. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)