|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is his pet from childhood.
(b) It is an escaped pet.
(c) It is an evil spirit.
(d) It is a sign from God.
2. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Pillage a neighboring village.
(c) Attack each other with knives.
(d) Leave for another country.
3. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(b) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust is having an affair.
4. What is Faust's title?
5. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) The present as it was when the play was written.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) Present time for the production.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
2. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
3. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)