|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the witch burn herself on her cauldron?
(a) She falls into the fire.
(b) She drops her book in the cauldron and has to fetch it.
(c) The baboon lets it boil over.
(d) She forgets that she is warming up the cauldron.
2. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In the next room.
(b) In plain sight of Faust.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) Behind the stove.
3. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Pillage a neighboring village.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Leave for another country.
(d) Attack each other with knives.
4. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
5. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
(a) The street.
(b) His sister's house.
(c) A dressmaker's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
2. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
3. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
4. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
5. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)