|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
(a) The author has decided to end his own life.
(b) The author has recently realized that he is an atheist.
(c) The modern world moves too fast for the author.
(d) Those who were around him while he was writing "Faust" are long dead.
2. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Becoming a barrister.
(b) Wasting his life in a pub.
(c) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(d) Going into the seminary.
3. What does Mephistopheles promise to attempt to secure for Faust in regards to the girl at the end of "A Street?"
(a) The girl's ring.
(b) A visit to the girl's bedroom.
(c) The girl's name.
(d) The promise of marriage from the girl.
4. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Casting the right actors.
(b) Making money.
(c) Creating true art.
(d) Astounding the audience.
5. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
(a) They will perform a classic tragedy instead of their play.
(b) Perform a comedy.
(c) Take the audience on a journey from heaven to hell.
(d) Take suggestions from the audience and create a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
2. What is Mephistopheles forced to wear while waiting for the witch?
3. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
4. Where does Faust first see the image of the girl with whom he grows obsessed?
5. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)