|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
(a) He is comfortable with Mephistopheles in his life.
(b) He lusts after a village girl.
(c) He resents God.
(d) He is unhappy with life.
2. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will go insane.
(b) Faust will only come closer to God.
(c) Faust will turn away from God.
(d) Faust will not recognize evil.
3. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
(a) Those who were around him while he was writing "Faust" are long dead.
(b) The author has decided to end his own life.
(c) The author has recently realized that he is an atheist.
(d) The modern world moves too fast for the author.
4. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He never wanted to be a scholar.
(b) He no longer believes in his work.
(c) He feels slighted by the academic community.
(d) He is neither wealthy or famous.
5. In the scene after he drinks the potion to appear younger, where does Faust see the girl he saw a vision of at the witch's kitchen?
(a) The street.
(c) His sister's house.
(d) A dressmaker's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
2. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
3. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
4. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
5. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)