|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Witch's Kitchen and A Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephistopheles grow angry at the witch that he visits with Faust?
(a) She does not recognize him as her master.
(b) She spits at Faust.
(c) She hits her baboons.
(d) She tries to renounce her evil ways.
2. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
(a) A female baboon.
(b) A male dog.
(c) A female cat.
(d) A male turtle.
3. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
(a) The Old Testament backwards.
(b) The Necronomicon.
(c) The Book of Kells.
(d) A spellbook.
4. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
(a) He can guide Faust into sainthood.
(b) He can draw Faust away from God.
(c) He can manipulate Faust into suicide.
(d) He can steal Faust's knowledge.
5. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His relationship with God.
(b) His will to live.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faust's title?
2. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
3. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
4. For what reasons do Faust and Mephistopheles visit a witch?
5. What are Mephistopheles and Faust contemplating at the end of "A Street"?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)