|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
2. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
(a) The Easter hymnals.
(b) The priests doing charitable works.
(c) The sunlight.
(d) A child praying.
3. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
(a) He feels as if they are a great amusement.
(b) He feels that they are misguided creatures.
(c) He looks down upon them.
(d) He feels they are worthy of his attention.
4. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Making money.
(b) Astounding the audience.
(c) Creating true art.
(d) Casting the right actors.
5. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to fall asleep.
(b) They begin to hallucinate.
(c) They begin to speak in tongues.
(d) Three of the men die.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
2. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
3. What is Faust's title?
4. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
5. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)