|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(b) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(c) Faust is counting his money.
(d) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
2. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His relationship with God.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His will to live.
3. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He and God are friends.
(b) God invited him.
(c) He sneaked in behind another angel.
(d) He has to ask God for a favor.
4. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people respect him.
(b) The people are all heretics.
(c) The people are liars.
(d) The people are mocking him.
5. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(b) The sound of children playing.
(c) The church bells.
(d) The rising sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
2. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
3. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
4. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
5. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)