|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
(a) Kill Wagner.
(b) Give up his holy studies.
(c) Serve Mephistopheles in hell.
(d) Renounce God with the intention of having others renounce him as well.
2. What is Faust's title?
3. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(c) May Day.
(d) New Year.
4. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Going into the seminary.
(b) Wasting his life in a pub.
(c) Becoming a barrister.
(d) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
5. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people respect him.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people are liars.
(d) The people are all heretics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
2. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
3. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
4. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)