|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Stifling his creativity.
(b) Giving him his big break.
(c) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(d) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
2. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people are all heretics.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people respect him.
(d) The people are liars.
3. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Becoming a barrister.
(b) Wasting his life in a pub.
(c) Going into the seminary.
(d) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
4. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
(a) Faust is too old to find pleasure in others.
(b) Mephistopheles will never satisfy Faust.
(c) Mephistopheles will fail to uphold his end of the bargain.
(d) Faust doubts Mephistopheles is who he claims to be.
5. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
2. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
3. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
4. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
5. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)