|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He no longer believes in his work.
(b) He is neither wealthy or famous.
(c) He never wanted to be a scholar.
(d) He feels slighted by the academic community.
2. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will go insane.
(b) Faust will not recognize evil.
(c) Faust will turn away from God.
(d) Faust will only come closer to God.
3. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He has to ask God for a favor.
(b) He and God are friends.
(c) God invited him.
(d) He sneaked in behind another angel.
4. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
(a) He feels they are worthy of his attention.
(b) He looks down upon them.
(c) He feels as if they are a great amusement.
(d) He feels that they are misguided creatures.
5. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black rabbit.
(b) A black crow.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A black poodle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
2. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
3. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
4. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
5. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)