|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The forest.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The river.
(d) The church.
2. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) Present time for the production.
(b) The present as it was when the play was written.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
3. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is a sign from God.
(b) It is an evil spirit.
(c) It is his pet from childhood.
(d) It is an escaped pet.
4. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Making money.
(b) Casting the right actors.
(c) Astounding the audience.
(d) Creating true art.
5. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) Political activism.
(b) Spiritual fulfillment.
(c) The memories of his loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
2. Where does "Night" take place?
3. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
5. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)