|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Creating true art.
(b) Making money.
(c) Astounding the audience.
(d) Casting the right actors.
2. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(b) Wasting his life in a pub.
(c) Becoming a barrister.
(d) Going into the seminary.
3. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) His own blood.
(b) Consecrated wine.
(c) Mephistopheles's blood.
(d) Ink made up of blood and ash.
4. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is an evil spirit.
(b) It is an escaped pet.
(c) It is his pet from childhood.
(d) It is a sign from God.
5. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
(a) The people are bitter because of their lot in life.
(b) The poor people who have faith in God look at life less seriously than Faust.
(c) The people highly respect Faust.
(d) The people are confused by Faust's presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
2. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
3. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
4. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
5. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)