|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
(a) He is attracted to a witch.
(b) He wants to summon Mephistopheles.
(c) He wants to debunk the myth of magic.
(d) He thinks it is the only way he can expand his mind.
2. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In the next room.
(b) Under the couch.
(c) Behind the stove.
(d) In plain sight of Faust.
3. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) He sings for them.
(b) He dances for them.
(c) He creates illusions for them.
(d) He plays piano for them.
4. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
(a) He becomes afraid.
(b) He starts to fear for his sanity.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He gets drunk.
5. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
2. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
3. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
4. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
5. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)