|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
(b) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(c) Faust is counting his money.
(d) Faust is writing a letter to God.
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black rabbit.
(b) A black crow.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A black poodle.
4. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(b) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
5. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to speak in tongues.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) Three of the men die.
(d) They begin to hallucinate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
2. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
3. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
4. What is Faust's title?
5. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)