|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
(a) In plain sight of Faust.
(b) In the next room.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) Behind the stove.
2. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people are all heretics.
(b) The people are liars.
(c) The people respect him.
(d) The people are mocking him.
3. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
(b) Dried meat.
(c) Drinks he conjured up.
(d) Gold coins.
4. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) Present time for the production.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The present as it was when the play was written.
5. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
(b) Stay calm.
(c) Warm itself by the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
2. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
3. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
4. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)