|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(c) May Day.
(d) New Year.
2. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
3. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
(b) Warm itself by the fire.
(d) Stay calm.
4. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's private chapel.
(b) Faust's study.
(c) Faust's bedroom.
(d) Faust's kitchen.
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
2. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
3. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
4. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
5. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)