|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
(a) He lusts after a village girl.
(b) He is comfortable with Mephistopheles in his life.
(c) He is unhappy with life.
(d) He resents God.
2. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is reading the Bible.
(b) He is burning his books.
(c) He is reviewing his knowledge.
(d) He is writing a suicide note.
3. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
(a) Give up his holy studies.
(b) Serve Mephistopheles in hell.
(c) Renounce God with the intention of having others renounce him as well.
(d) Kill Wagner.
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He starts to fear for his sanity.
(c) He becomes afraid.
(d) He falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
2. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
3. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
4. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
5. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)