|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Wasting his life in a pub.
(b) Becoming a barrister.
(c) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(d) Going into the seminary.
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black rabbit.
(b) A black poodle.
(c) A black crow.
(d) A black cat.
4. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to hallucinate.
(b) They begin to speak in tongues.
(c) Three of the men die.
(d) They begin to fall asleep.
5. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
(a) A pentagram has been drawn on the threshold.
(b) The rest of the house has been blessed.
(c) A cross hangs over the door.
(d) Faust left his Bible by the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
2. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
3. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
4. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
5. What is Faust's title?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)