|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Dried meat.
(c) Drinks he conjured up.
(d) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
2. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
3. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
(a) Stay calm.
(c) Warm itself by the fire.
4. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
(a) He can manipulate Faust into suicide.
(b) He can guide Faust into sainthood.
(c) He can draw Faust away from God.
(d) He can steal Faust's knowledge.
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) Consecrated wine.
(b) Mephistopheles's blood.
(c) Ink made up of blood and ash.
(d) His own blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
2. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
3. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
4. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
5. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)