|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Casting the right actors.
(b) Astounding the audience.
(c) Creating true art.
(d) Making money.
2. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) He wants to play the lead.
(b) He wants to be seen by the director of a better theater.
(c) He wants to entertain the audience.
(d) He wants to create a grand piece of art.
3. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) Spiritual fulfillment.
(b) The memories of his loved ones.
(c) Political activism.
4. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is an escaped pet.
(b) It is his pet from childhood.
(c) It is a sign from God.
(d) It is an evil spirit.
5. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(b) Myths about Mesopotamia.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Qur'an.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
2. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
3. Where does "Night" take place?
4. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
5. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)