|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The river.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The forest.
(d) The church.
2. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is reviewing his knowledge.
(b) He is reading the Bible.
(c) He is burning his books.
(d) He is writing a suicide note.
3. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's nephew.
(b) He is Faust's cousin.
(c) He is Faust's student.
(d) He is Faust's caretaker.
4. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(b) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(c) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(d) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
5. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(b) May Day.
(c) New Year.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
2. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
3. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
4. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
5. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)