|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
(a) He thinks it is the only way he can expand his mind.
(b) He is attracted to a witch.
(c) He wants to debunk the myth of magic.
(d) He wants to summon Mephistopheles.
2. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
(a) He can guide Faust into sainthood.
(b) He can manipulate Faust into suicide.
(c) He can steal Faust's knowledge.
(d) He can draw Faust away from God.
3. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will go insane.
(b) Faust will only come closer to God.
(c) Faust will not recognize evil.
(d) Faust will turn away from God.
4. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
5. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The church.
(c) The forest.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
2. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
3. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
4. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
5. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)