|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's kitchen.
(b) Faust's private chapel.
(c) Faust's bedroom.
(d) Faust's study.
2. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Casting the right actors.
(b) Creating true art.
(c) Astounding the audience.
(d) Making money.
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
4. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
(a) Perform a comedy.
(b) They will perform a classic tragedy instead of their play.
(c) Take suggestions from the audience and create a play.
(d) Take the audience on a journey from heaven to hell.
5. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The church.
(b) The river.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
2. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
3. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
4. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
5. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)