|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is reviewing his knowledge.
(b) He is writing a suicide note.
(c) He is burning his books.
(d) He is reading the Bible.
2. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
(a) They will perform a classic tragedy instead of their play.
(b) Take suggestions from the audience and create a play.
(c) Take the audience on a journey from heaven to hell.
(d) Perform a comedy.
3. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) The memories of his loved ones.
(b) Spiritual fulfillment.
(c) Political activism.
4. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
5. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
(a) The Easter hymnals.
(b) The sunlight.
(c) A child praying.
(d) The priests doing charitable works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
2. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
3. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
4. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
5. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)