|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
(a) The modern world moves too fast for the author.
(b) The author has decided to end his own life.
(c) The author has recently realized that he is an atheist.
(d) Those who were around him while he was writing "Faust" are long dead.
2. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will only come closer to God.
(b) Faust will not recognize evil.
(c) Faust will turn away from God.
(d) Faust will go insane.
3. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
4. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Becoming a barrister.
(b) Going into the seminary.
(c) Wasting his life in a pub.
(d) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
5. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
(a) He feels that they are misguided creatures.
(b) He feels as if they are a great amusement.
(c) He feels they are worthy of his attention.
(d) He looks down upon them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
2. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
3. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
5. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)