|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
(a) Perform a comedy.
(b) Take suggestions from the audience and create a play.
(c) Take the audience on a journey from heaven to hell.
(d) They will perform a classic tragedy instead of their play.
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
3. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's study.
(b) Faust's bedroom.
(c) Faust's kitchen.
(d) Faust's private chapel.
4. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The church.
(c) The forest.
(d) The river.
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) The grandeur of His presence.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) The beauty of His work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
2. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
3. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
4. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
5. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)