|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
2. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He no longer believes in his work.
(b) He feels slighted by the academic community.
(c) He is neither wealthy or famous.
(d) He never wanted to be a scholar.
3. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
(a) He can steal Faust's knowledge.
(b) He can guide Faust into sainthood.
(c) He can draw Faust away from God.
(d) He can manipulate Faust into suicide.
4. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Casting the right actors.
(b) Making money.
(c) Astounding the audience.
(d) Creating true art.
5. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
(a) The people are confused by Faust's presence.
(b) The poor people who have faith in God look at life less seriously than Faust.
(c) The people highly respect Faust.
(d) The people are bitter because of their lot in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
2. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
3. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
4. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
5. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)