|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He and God are friends.
(b) He has to ask God for a favor.
(c) God invited him.
(d) He sneaked in behind another angel.
2. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is a sign from God.
(b) It is an escaped pet.
(c) It is an evil spirit.
(d) It is his pet from childhood.
3. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The sound of children playing.
(b) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(c) The church bells.
(d) The rising sun.
4. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) The beauty of His work.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) The grandeur of His presence.
(d) His compassion.
5. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Giving him his big break.
(b) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(c) Stifling his creativity.
(d) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
2. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
4. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
5. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)