|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Astounding the audience.
(b) Casting the right actors.
(c) Making money.
(d) Creating true art.
2. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
(a) Gunshot to the head.
(d) Dagger to the heart.
3. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) God invited him.
(b) He and God are friends.
(c) He sneaked in behind another angel.
(d) He has to ask God for a favor.
5. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Giving him his big break.
(b) Stifling his creativity.
(c) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(d) Sabotaging him on purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
2. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
4. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
5. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)