|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
2. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
(a) He thinks it is the only way he can expand his mind.
(b) He is attracted to a witch.
(c) He wants to debunk the myth of magic.
(d) He wants to summon Mephistopheles.
3. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(b) Giving him his big break.
(c) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(d) Stifling his creativity.
4. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The river.
(c) The forest.
(d) The church.
5. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's caretaker.
(b) He is Faust's nephew.
(c) He is Faust's cousin.
(d) He is Faust's student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
2. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
3. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
4. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
5. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)