|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Wasting his life in a pub.
(b) Becoming a barrister.
(c) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(d) Going into the seminary.
2. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) He wants to be seen by the director of a better theater.
(b) He wants to create a grand piece of art.
(c) He wants to entertain the audience.
(d) He wants to play the lead.
3. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people respect him.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people are all heretics.
(d) The people are liars.
4. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) Political activism.
(b) Spiritual fulfillment.
(c) The memories of his loved ones.
5. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(b) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(c) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(d) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
2. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
3. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
5. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)