|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) The sound of children playing.
(d) The church bells.
2. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His relationship with God.
(d) His will to live.
3. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
(b) A story of redemption for a time without hope.
(c) A scathing look at society.
(d) A true artistic statement.
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He and God are friends.
(b) God invited him.
(c) He has to ask God for a favor.
(d) He sneaked in behind another angel.
5. What is Faust's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
2. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
3. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
4. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)