|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
(b) A story of redemption for a time without hope.
(c) A true artistic statement.
(d) A scathing look at society.
2. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
(a) He thinks it is the only way he can expand his mind.
(b) He is attracted to a witch.
(c) He wants to debunk the myth of magic.
(d) He wants to summon Mephistopheles.
3. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's caretaker.
(b) He is Faust's cousin.
(c) He is Faust's student.
(d) He is Faust's nephew.
4. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
5. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(b) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(c) Stifling his creativity.
(d) Giving him his big break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
2. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
3. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
5. Where does "Night" take place?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)