|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
(b) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(c) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(d) Faust is counting his money.
2. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Casting the right actors.
(b) Astounding the audience.
(c) Making money.
(d) Creating true art.
3. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(b) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
4. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
5. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A black crow.
(c) A black poodle.
(d) A black rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
2. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
3. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
4. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
5. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)