|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
(a) The people are bitter because of their lot in life.
(b) The people highly respect Faust.
(c) The people are confused by Faust's presence.
(d) The poor people who have faith in God look at life less seriously than Faust.
2. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) The past.
(b) Present time for the production.
(c) The future.
(d) The present as it was when the play was written.
3. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
4. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His will to live.
(b) His relationship with God.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His intelligence.
5. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's kitchen.
(b) Faust's study.
(c) Faust's private chapel.
(d) Faust's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
2. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
3. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
4. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
5. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)