|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Astounding the audience.
(b) Casting the right actors.
(c) Creating true art.
(d) Making money.
2. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) He wants to be seen by the director of a better theater.
(b) He wants to play the lead.
(c) He wants to entertain the audience.
(d) He wants to create a grand piece of art.
3. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's caretaker.
(b) He is Faust's nephew.
(c) He is Faust's cousin.
(d) He is Faust's student.
4. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) The grandeur of His presence.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His compassion.
(d) The beauty of His work.
5. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He and God are friends.
(b) He has to ask God for a favor.
(c) He sneaked in behind another angel.
(d) God invited him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
2. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
3. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
4. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
5. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)