|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The church bells.
(b) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) The sound of children playing.
2. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
(a) They will perform a classic tragedy instead of their play.
(b) Take the audience on a journey from heaven to hell.
(c) Perform a comedy.
(d) Take suggestions from the audience and create a play.
3. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
(c) Gunshot to the head.
(d) Dagger to the heart.
4. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The forest.
(c) The river.
(d) The church.
5. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
(a) The people are bitter because of their lot in life.
(b) The poor people who have faith in God look at life less seriously than Faust.
(c) The people highly respect Faust.
(d) The people are confused by Faust's presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
2. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
3. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
4. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)