|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) The memories of his loved ones.
(b) Political activism.
(c) Spiritual fulfillment.
2. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A black crow.
(c) A black rabbit.
(d) A black poodle.
3. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's cousin.
(b) He is Faust's student.
(c) He is Faust's caretaker.
(d) He is Faust's nephew.
4. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The forest.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The church.
(d) The river.
5. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He is neither wealthy or famous.
(b) He no longer believes in his work.
(c) He never wanted to be a scholar.
(d) He feels slighted by the academic community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
2. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
3. .0 0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
4. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
5. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)