|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Night and Outside the Town Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
(a) Gunshot to the head.
(c) Dagger to the heart.
2. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(b) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(c) Faust is counting his money.
(d) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
3. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(b) The sound of children playing.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) The church bells.
4. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is writing a suicide note.
(b) He is reading the Bible.
(c) He is reviewing his knowledge.
(d) He is burning his books.
5. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
(a) Those who were around him while he was writing "Faust" are long dead.
(b) The author has decided to end his own life.
(c) The modern world moves too fast for the author.
(d) The author has recently realized that he is an atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
2. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
3. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
4. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
5. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)