|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walpurgis Night and A Walpurgis Night's Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gretchen feel about Barbara?
(a) She feels sorry for her.
(b) She feels ashamed of her.
(c) She feels triumphant at her friend's downfall.
(d) She is angry at her.
2. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) Political activism.
(b) Spiritual fulfillment.
(c) The memories of his loved ones.
3. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Stifling his creativity.
(b) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
(c) Giving him his big break.
(d) Sabotaging him on purpose.
4. How does the girl first react to Faust when she meets him?
(a) She is flattered.
(b) She tries to kiss him.
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has worsened Barbara's plight, according to Lieschen?
2. What suggestion does Mephistopheles give Gretchen in "The Neighbor's House" in regards to marriage?
3. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
5. What is Mephistopheles forced to wear while waiting for the witch?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)