|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walpurgis Night and A Walpurgis Night's Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is most of "A Walpurgis's Night Dream" presented?
(b) Poetry reading.
2. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's cousin.
(b) He is Faust's nephew.
(c) He is Faust's student.
(d) He is Faust's caretaker.
3. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
(a) Faust left his Bible by the door.
(b) The rest of the house has been blessed.
(c) A cross hangs over the door.
(d) A pentagram has been drawn on the threshold.
4. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(b) Faust is counting his money.
(c) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
(d) Faust is writing a letter to God.
5. What does Mephistopheles posit to God in relation to Faust?
(a) He can manipulate Faust into suicide.
(b) He can draw Faust away from God.
(c) He can steal Faust's knowledge.
(d) He can guide Faust into sainthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
2. How does "A Cathedral" end?
3. What does Valentine admit to Gretchen before he dies?
4. What does Martha believe about her abusive husband?
5. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)