|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walpurgis Night and A Walpurgis Night's Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Faust has a vision of Gretchen on the night of the Walpurgis celebration, what does he see on her feet?
(b) Blood-soaked slippers.
(d) Nails from the Crucifixtion.
2. While dancing with the young one in "Walpurgis Night," what vision does Faust claim to have had?
(a) A tree being split with lightning
(b) An ocean wave crashing against the rocks.
(c) A goat with two heads.
(d) An apple tree with two apples.
3. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
(a) A spellbook.
(b) The Necronomicon.
(c) The Book of Kells.
(d) The Old Testament backwards.
4. Of what is Faust irrationally jealous in regards to its proximity to Gretchen?
(a) Her bonnet.
(b) The necklace around her neck.
(c) Her bed.
(d) The Body of Christ in Communion.
5. What does Gretchen do with the daisy she picks while walking with Faust?
(a) She throws it in the fire.
(b) She plays "He loves me, he loves me not."
(c) She throws it in the water.
(d) She puts it in her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gretchen finally admit to Faust before she leaves for home?
2. How does Gretchen admit to feeling when Faust is not around?
3. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
4. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
5. Who is stirring the witch's cauldron in "A Witch's Kitchen?"
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)