|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walpurgis Night and A Walpurgis Night's Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) They vanish.
(b) They are kicked out of the pub.
(c) They exit through the window.
(d) They are arrested.
2. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people are liars.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people respect him.
(d) The people are all heretics.
3. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
(a) Those who were around him while he was writing "Faust" are long dead.
(b) The modern world moves too fast for the author.
(c) The author has decided to end his own life.
(d) The author has recently realized that he is an atheist.
4. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) His own blood.
(b) Ink made up of blood and ash.
(c) Mephistopheles's blood.
(d) Consecrated wine.
5. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Sabotaging him on purpose.
(b) Giving him his big break.
(c) Stifling his creativity.
(d) Giving him a platform on which he can write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has worsened Barbara's plight, according to Lieschen?
2. When Faust has a vision of Gretchen on the night of the Walpurgis celebration, what does he see on her feet?
3. According to Musaget, what is easier to "govern than the Muses"?
4. What comforts Gretchen's mother when the priest takes the jewels away?
5. Who is Valentine?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)