|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walpurgis Night and A Walpurgis Night's Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Attack each other with knives.
(b) Leave for another country.
(c) Pillage a neighboring village.
(d) Commit suicide.
2. During "A Forest Cavern," who is Faust addressing in the beginning?
(c) A spirit.
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black poodle.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A black rabbit.
(d) A black crow.
4. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) Present time for the production.
(b) The present as it was when the play was written.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
5. What are Gretchen and Faust doing during "A Summerhouse"?
(b) Making love.
(c) Baking bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Garden," what does Gretchen admit to being surprised about?
2. How does "A Cathedral" end?
3. Why was Gretchen forced to raise her now-deceased sister and take care of the house when she was younger?
4. While considering Faust's request in "Martha's Garden," of what is Gretchen afraid?
5. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)