|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walpurgis Night and A Walpurgis Night's Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Biblical character is apparently present on Walpurgis Night?
(d) Pontius Pilate.
2. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
3. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Casting the right actors.
(b) Creating true art.
(c) Making money.
(d) Astounding the audience.
4. What has worsened Barbara's plight, according to Lieschen?
(a) Barbara has renounced God.
(b) Barbara is very ill.
(c) The father of Barbara's baby has run away.
(d) Barbara has recently been robbed and has no money.
5. According to Mephistopheles, why does he have no power over the young girl with whom Faust is obsessed?
(a) The girl is an atheist.
(b) She has just gone to confession.
(c) The girl truly loves Faust.
(d) Faust must truly be in love with the girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Martha cite for not inviting Mephistopheles to stay longer with her at the end of "A Garden"?
2. What must Faust promise in order to get Gretchen to accept and use the item he gives her in "Martha's Garden"?
3. After he drinks the potion, what does Faust want to do?
4. Why was Gretchen forced to raise her now-deceased sister and take care of the house when she was younger?
5. What does Mephistopheles explain to Faust about Gretchen's mother in "A Promenade"?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)