|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Walpurgis Night and A Walpurgis Night's Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Pillage a neighboring village.
(c) Attack each other with knives.
(d) Leave for another country.
2. During "Martha's Garden," what does Gretchen discuss with Faust?
(a) Her relationship to her mother.
(b) His relationship with Mephistopheles.
(c) His relationship to his priest.
(d) Her relationship with God.
3. What does Faust threaten to do if Mephistopheles is unable to get the girl he is obsessed with for him?
(a) He will leave Mephistopheles.
(b) He will imprison Mephistopheles in his study.
(c) He will throw Mephistopheles into a church.
(d) He will reveal Mephistopheles to every witch in the country.
4. What is Faust awed by, according to the beginning of "A Forest Cavern"?
(a) Gretchen refuses to be swayed by Mephistopheles.
(b) He has fallen deeply in love with Gretchen.
(c) He has no feelings beyond lust for Gretchen.
(d) Gretchen understands his feelings about God.
5. What has worsened Barbara's plight, according to Lieschen?
(a) Barbara has renounced God.
(b) The father of Barbara's baby has run away.
(c) Barbara is very ill.
(d) Barbara has recently been robbed and has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language is the song heard during "A Cathedral"?
2. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
3. What scene is being presented in "A Walpurgis Night's Dream"?
4. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
5. What does Gretchen finally admit to Faust before she leaves for home?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)