|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's caretaker.
(b) He is Faust's student.
(c) He is Faust's cousin.
(d) He is Faust's nephew.
2. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) His own blood.
(b) Mephistopheles's blood.
(c) Consecrated wine.
(d) Ink made up of blood and ash.
3. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) His compassion.
(b) The grandeur of His presence.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) The beauty of His work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
2. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
3. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
4. What is Faust's title?
5. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)