|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
(a) Spiritual fulfillment.
(c) The memories of his loved ones.
(d) Political activism.
2. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black rabbit.
(b) A black poodle.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A black crow.
3. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) The Easter hymnals.
(c) A child praying.
(d) The priests doing charitable works.
4. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is reading the Bible.
(b) He is writing a suicide note.
(c) He is burning his books.
(d) He is reviewing his knowledge.
5. What does the poodle refuse to do when in Faust's study?
(c) Warm itself by the fire.
(d) Stay calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
2. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
3. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
5. What is Faust's method of suicide when he contemplates ending his life?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)