|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
(a) Ink made up of blood and ash.
(b) Consecrated wine.
(c) Mephistopheles's blood.
(d) His own blood.
2. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He sneaked in behind another angel.
(b) God invited him.
(c) He has to ask God for a favor.
(d) He and God are friends.
3. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) He wants to create a grand piece of art.
(b) He wants to play the lead.
(c) He wants to be seen by the director of a better theater.
(d) He wants to entertain the audience.
4. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's student.
(b) He is Faust's nephew.
(c) He is Faust's caretaker.
(d) He is Faust's cousin.
5. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(b) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
2. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
3. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
4. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
5. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)