|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's private chapel.
(b) Faust's study.
(c) Faust's bedroom.
(d) Faust's kitchen.
2. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Becoming a barrister.
(b) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(c) Wasting his life in a pub.
(d) Going into the seminary.
3. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people respect him.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people are all heretics.
(d) The people are liars.
4. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) The past.
(b) Present time for the production.
(c) The present as it was when the play was written.
(d) The future.
5. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will turn away from God.
(b) Faust will not recognize evil.
(c) Faust will go insane.
(d) Faust will only come closer to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
2. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
3. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
4. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
5. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)