|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) The past.
(b) The present as it was when the play was written.
(c) Present time for the production.
(d) The future.
2. What does the clown profess to wanting for this play during "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) He wants to play the lead.
(b) He wants to entertain the audience.
(c) He wants to be seen by the director of a better theater.
(d) He wants to create a grand piece of art.
3. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
4. What does Wagner point out to Faust as they walk with their townspeople?
(a) The people are bitter because of their lot in life.
(b) The poor people who have faith in God look at life less seriously than Faust.
(c) The people are confused by Faust's presence.
(d) The people highly respect Faust.
5. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
(a) Serve Mephistopheles in hell.
(b) Renounce God with the intention of having others renounce him as well.
(c) Give up his holy studies.
(d) Kill Wagner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
2. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
3. Ultimately, in "Prelude on the Stage," what does the director decide to do with their play?
4. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
5. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)