|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are the archangels praising God in the beginning of the play?
(a) His compassion.
(b) The beauty of His work.
(c) The grandeur of His presence.
(d) His knowledge.
2. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's bedroom.
(b) Faust's kitchen.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's private chapel.
3. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) Three of the men die.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) They begin to speak in tongues.
(d) They begin to hallucinate.
4. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(a) The Odyssey.
(c) Myths about Mesopotamia.
(d) The Qur'an.
5. What is Faust doing in his first appearance in this play?
(a) He is burning his books.
(b) He is reading the Bible.
(c) He is writing a suicide note.
(d) He is reviewing his knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet believe the director is doing to him in "Prelude on the Stage"?
2. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
3. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
4. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
5. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)