|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(b) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(c) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(d) He believes Faust is reading a play.
2. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He feels slighted by the academic community.
(b) He is neither wealthy or famous.
(c) He no longer believes in his work.
(d) He never wanted to be a scholar.
3. Fill in the blank: Mephistopheles will serve Faust on Earth if Faust will ___________________.
(a) Serve Mephistopheles in hell.
(b) Renounce God with the intention of having others renounce him as well.
(c) Kill Wagner.
(d) Give up his holy studies.
4. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His will to live.
(c) His relationship with God.
(d) His intelligence.
5. What is Faust's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
2. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
3. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
4. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
5. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)