|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "Outside the Town Wall" take place?
(a) The church.
(b) The forest.
(c) The river.
(d) The countryside.
2. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are kicked out of the pub.
(c) They exit through the window.
(d) They vanish.
3. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Astounding the audience.
(b) Creating true art.
(c) Making money.
(d) Casting the right actors.
4. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(a) Myths about Mesopotamia.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Odyssey.
5. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
2. What does the author profess sadness over in "Dedication"?
3. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
4. What is Faust's title?
5. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)