|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
(a) A true artistic statement.
(c) A story of redemption for a time without hope.
(d) A scathing look at society.
2. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
3. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's bedroom.
(b) Faust's private chapel.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's kitchen.
4. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(a) Myths about Mesopotamia.
(b) The Qur'an.
(d) The Odyssey.
5. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black crow.
(b) A black rabbit.
(c) A black poodle.
(d) A black cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the poodle transform into Mephistopheles?
2. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
3. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
4. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
5. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)