|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
(a) The people are all heretics.
(b) The people are mocking him.
(c) The people respect him.
(d) The people are liars.
2. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to fall asleep.
(b) They begin to hallucinate.
(c) They begin to speak in tongues.
(d) Three of the men die.
3. When Faust is interrupted in his suicide attempt, what refreshes his faith in God?
(a) A child praying.
(b) The priests doing charitable works.
(c) The sunlight.
(d) The Easter hymnals.
4. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Dried meat.
(d) Drinks he conjured up.
5. What does Faust try to deter Wagner from doing with his life?
(a) Becoming a barrister.
(b) Following in Faust's footsteps of being a scholar.
(c) Wasting his life in a pub.
(d) Going into the seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
2. What is Faust's title?
3. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
4. What is the poet's goal in the beginning of this play?
5. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)