|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
0..........Mephistopheles has become bored because there is no challenge in ________ mankind anymore.
2. What does Faust believe about the mysterious animal that approaches him during "Outside the Town Wall"?
(a) It is a sign from God.
(b) It is his pet from childhood.
(c) It is an evil spirit.
(d) It is an escaped pet.
3. During the "Prologue in Heaven," how many archangels are with God?
4. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(b) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
(c) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(d) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
5. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
2. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
4. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
5. In "Dedication," what does the author ultimately decide is more important than fame?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)