|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
(b) May Day.
(c) New Year.
2. After their pact is signed, what doubts does Faust voice to Mephistopheles?
(a) Faust is too old to find pleasure in others.
(b) Mephistopheles will never satisfy Faust.
(c) Faust doubts Mephistopheles is who he claims to be.
(d) Mephistopheles will fail to uphold his end of the bargain.
3. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
(a) The Qur'an.
(b) The Odyssey.
(d) Myths about Mesopotamia.
4. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
5. What does God believe will happen if Mephistopheles meets Faust?
(a) Faust will turn away from God.
(b) Faust will only come closer to God.
(c) Faust will go insane.
(d) Faust will not recognize evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust believe about the townspeople he and Wagner walk with during their holiday celebration after his suicide attempt?
2. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
3. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
4. Why is Mephistopheles unable to leave Faust's study after appearing to the man?
5. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)