|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time does "Prelude on the Stage" take place?
(a) Present time for the production.
(b) The present as it was when the play was written.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
2. Why does Mephistopheles come to God in the "Prologue in Heaven"?
(a) He sneaked in behind another angel.
(b) He has to ask God for a favor.
(c) He and God are friends.
(d) God invited him.
3. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's private chapel.
(b) Faust's bedroom.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's kitchen.
4. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to hallucinate.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) They begin to speak in tongues.
(d) Three of the men die.
5. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
(a) He feels that they are misguided creatures.
(b) He feels they are worthy of his attention.
(c) He feels as if they are a great amusement.
(d) He looks down upon them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to God, how does Faust feel about his relationship with Him?
2. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
3. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
4. What does Faust begin to read in the first scene called "Faust's Study"?
5. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)