|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
(a) He resents God.
(b) He is comfortable with Mephistopheles in his life.
(c) He is unhappy with life.
(d) He lusts after a village girl.
2. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
(a) He is neither wealthy or famous.
(b) He no longer believes in his work.
(c) He never wanted to be a scholar.
(d) He feels slighted by the academic community.
3. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
(a) He starts to fear for his sanity.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He becomes afraid.
4. To what town does Mephistopheles bring Faust at the end of the second "Faust's Study" scene?
5. What is the director's main concern in "Prelude on the Stage"?
(a) Making money.
(b) Astounding the audience.
(c) Creating true art.
(d) Casting the right actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
2. How does Mephistopheles feel about mankind?
3. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
4. What is Faust's title?
5. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)