|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Faust's Study (I & II) and Auerbach's Tavern in Leipzig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
(a) He is Faust's student.
(b) He is Faust's nephew.
(c) He is Faust's cousin.
(d) He is Faust's caretaker.
2. Where does "Night" take place?
(a) Faust's kitchen.
(b) Faust's bedroom.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) Faust's private chapel.
3. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
4. What does Mephistopheles give all the men in the tavern?
(a) Herbs that he claims will promote vigor.
(b) Dried meat.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Drinks he conjured up.
5. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
(a) The sounds of Easter hymnals.
(b) The church bells.
(c) The sound of children playing.
(d) The rising sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to their bargain, what does Faust make Mephistopheles agree to before signing the pledge?
2. Who wrote the section "Dedication"?
3. What is Faust's reaction to the chorus of spirits in the first scene called "Faust's Study?"
4. What happens to Faust and Mephistopheles at the end of "Auerbach's Tavern"?
5. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)