|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Street, A Garden, A Summerhouse, and A Forest Cavern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
(a) A black crow.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A black rabbit.
(d) A black poodle.
2. What does Wagner mistakenly believe about the noises he hears from Faust in "Night"?
(a) He believes Faust is having an affair.
(b) He believes Faust is reading a play.
(c) He believes Faust is trying to play a trick on everyone.
(d) He believes Faust's dog is making the noise.
3. What must Faust step inside of in order to begin the spell to make him appear younger?
(a) A circle.
(b) A pentagram.
(c) A triangles.
(d) A series of squares.
4. Why does Gretchen wish to keep the jewelry Faust and Mephistopheles secretly leave for her?
(a) She wishes to have it blessed by a priest.
(b) She thinks she can sell it off and bring in more money for her mother.
(c) She thinks she can make a gift of it to her friends.
(d) She thinks it will make her more beautiful.
5. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
(a) Leave for another country.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Attack each other with knives.
(d) Pillage a neighboring village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Faust unhappy with his life's work?
2. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
3. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
4. What news does Mephistopheles give Martha in her first scene?
5. How does the girl first react to Faust when she meets him?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)