|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Street, A Garden, A Summerhouse, and A Forest Cavern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mephistopheles urge Faust to go at the end of "A Forest Cavern"?
(a) Gretchen's bed.
(b) Martha's garden.
2. What must Faust step inside of in order to begin the spell to make him appear younger?
(a) A series of squares.
(b) A triangles.
(c) A circle.
(d) A pentagram.
3. Why was Gretchen forced to raise her now-deceased sister and take care of the house when she was younger?
(a) Her father disappeared.
(b) Her mother was in prison.
(c) Her mother was forced to work as a maid.
(d) Her mother was ill.
4. According to Mephistopheles, what must he and Faust do in order for the potion to work?
(a) Bathe in full moonlight.
(b) Sacrifice a white goat.
(c) Keep moving.
(d) Eat a specific herb that can only be seen at midnight.
5. What does Martha warn Mephistopheles about while Gretchen and Faust speak?
(a) She warns him to not die a bachelor.
(b) She warns him that he will be unhappy in their town.
(c) She warns him that Gretchen is on the brink of joining a nunnery.
(d) She warns him that Faust better not hurt Gretchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust decide to turn to magic use?
2. What interrupts Faust when he tries to commit suicide?
3. What holiday is being celebrated in "Outside the Town Wall"?
4. What is Faust heavily doubting in "Night"?
5. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)