|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Street, A Garden, A Summerhouse, and A Forest Cavern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust admit to Mephistopheles in the second "Faust's Study"?
(a) He is comfortable with Mephistopheles in his life.
(b) He lusts after a village girl.
(c) He is unhappy with life.
(d) He resents God.
2. What does Martha warn Mephistopheles about while Gretchen and Faust speak?
(a) She warns him that Gretchen is on the brink of joining a nunnery.
(b) She warns him to not die a bachelor.
(c) She warns him that he will be unhappy in their town.
(d) She warns him that Faust better not hurt Gretchen.
3. What does Wagner interrupt when he comes to see Faust in "Night?"
(a) Faust is preparing to commit suicide.
(b) Faust is conjuring up a spirit.
(c) Faust is writing a letter to God.
(d) Faust is counting his money.
4. What comforts Gretchen's mother when the priest takes the jewels away?
(a) The priest promises they will be rich in heaven.
(b) The priest absolves her and Gretchen of any wrong-doing.
(c) The priest offers to help Gretchen find a husband.
(d) The priest assures her that Gretchen is still a virgin.
5. During "A Forest Cavern," who is Faust addressing in the beginning?
(b) A spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faust first see the image of the girl with whom he grows obsessed?
2. From where does the witch enter during "A Witch's Kitchen"?
3. What is Wagner's relationship with Faust?
4. What does Mephistopheles advise Martha to do in terms of grieving her husband?
5. From what does the witch read before giving Faust his potion to appear younger?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)