|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Street, A Garden, A Summerhouse, and A Forest Cavern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
2. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to hallucinate.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) They begin to speak in tongues.
(d) Three of the men die.
3. For what reasons do Faust and Mephistopheles visit a witch?
(a) The witch needs to lend Faust a spellbook.
(b) The witch needs to atone for her behavior towards Mephistopheles.
(c) The witch needs to stop time so that Faust may seduce a young woman.
(d) Faust needs a potion to make him young.
4. What are Mephistopheles and Faust contemplating at the end of "A Street"?
(a) The affect the girl's saintly disposition has on Mephistopheles.
(b) The girl's name.
(c) The effects of the witch's potion.
(d) Gifts for the girl.
5. What is the occupation of Gretchen's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gretchen do with the daisy she picks while walking with Faust?
2. In "A Garden," what does Gretchen admit to being surprised about?
3. What sort of animal approaches Faust and Wagner during the holiday celebration?
4. What does Gretchen believe will happen when she and Faust are separated in "A Garden?"
5. How does Mephistopheles give Martha contradicting statements about her husband in "The Neighbor's House"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)