|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does "A Cathedral" end?
(a) Gretchen faints.
(b) Gretchen dies.
(c) Gretchen attempts suicide.
(d) Gretchen renounces God.
2. In what language is the song heard during "A Cathedral"?
3. In "Evening," what does Gretchen admit to herself?
(a) She does not like to go outside.
(b) She is attracted to Faust.
(c) She is afraid of men.
(d) She wishes to become a nun.
4. Who does Faust initially believe Mephistopheles to be?
(a) A student.
(b) A barrister.
(c) A broker.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Valentine admit to Gretchen before he dies?
(a) He poisoned her drink.
(b) He has alerted their priest about her condition.
(c) He has renounced God because of her.
(d) He knows her secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gretchen wish to keep the jewelry Faust and Mephistopheles secretly leave for her?
2. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
3. What does Valentine not do as he dies?
4. What is the song about in "A Cathedral"?
5. How does Mephistopheles give Martha contradicting statements about her husband in "The Neighbor's House"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)