|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through By A Shrine Inside The Town Wall, Night. The Street Outside Gretchen's Door, and A Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effects are had on the men in the tavern due to Mephistopheles's presence?
(a) They begin to speak in tongues.
(b) They begin to fall asleep.
(c) They begin to hallucinate.
(d) Three of the men die.
2. How does "A Cathedral" end?
(a) Gretchen faints.
(b) Gretchen dies.
(c) Gretchen attempts suicide.
(d) Gretchen renounces God.
3. How does Mephistopheles entertain the crowd during "Auerbach's Tavern"?
(a) He dances for them.
(b) He sings for them.
(c) He creates illusions for them.
(d) He plays piano for them.
4. What does Faust do when left alone in Gretchen's room in "Evening"?
(a) He steals an article of clothing.
(b) He leaves a rose on her pillow.
(c) He lays down in her bed.
(d) Visualizes her growing up.
5. What does Mephistopheles claim happened to Martha's husband?
(a) He was arrested for murder and executed.
(b) He was beaten to death in a bar fight.
(c) He drowned at sea.
(d) He died of a sexually transmitted disease from the woman he spent his fortune on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Valentine?
2. According to what he tells Mephistopheles, what did the Easter celebration initially bring Faust, which he no longer has?
3. With what does Faust sign his agreement with Mephistopheles?
4. What does Valentine admit to Gretchen before he dies?
5. What are the men in the tavern about ready to do when Mephistopheles finally stops them?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)