|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bazarov ask his father to send a letter to?
2. What does Bazarov accuse Arkady of being when he states his wishes for his father to marry Fenitchka?
3. Who occasionally addresses the reader?
4. What does Arkady do after his marriage to Katya?
5. Which characters in this chapter are grieving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Turgenev's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Turgenev use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
The Fathers and Sons is written in the third person. Why do you think Turgenev chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the third person?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)