|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bazarov's grave sit between?
2. Where did Nikolai meet Fenitchka's mother?
3. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
4. Whose voices do Arkady and Katya hear as they sit in the garden?
5. Who does Pavel arrive with at the duel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Exanine the differences between Arkady and Bazarov's upbringings. Do you think it makes a big difference to his relationship with his father that Arkady mother died early? How has Vassily's doting affected Bazarov's character? Were they are true nihilists or did their upbringings prevent them from genuinely thinking in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false; The Fathers and Sons foreshadows communism and Bazarov is an early example of a Bolshevik. Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1850s. How does Turgenev express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)