Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
2. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
3. How does Arina react to seeing her son again?
4. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
5. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Turgenev use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character Bazarov examine the way Turgenev uses the other characters in the story. When does she introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1850s. How does Turgenev express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Exanine the differences between Arkady and Bazarov's upbringings. Do you think it makes a big difference to his relationship with his father that Arkady mother died early? How has Vassily's doting affected Bazarov's character? Were they are true nihilists or did their upbringings prevent them from genuinely thinking in this way?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)