|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fenitchka's mother's job at the rooming house?
2. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
3. Which characters in this chapter are grieving?
4. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
5. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fathers and Sons is a famous book which has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book written after Fathers and Sons that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Turgenev's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Why? Do the share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)