|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fenitchka feel about having Pavel in her room?
2. Where does Bazarov decide to go at the end of the chapter?
3. Where has Pavel relocated to?
4. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
5. What is the baby's name?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Russia culture.
1) What influence have Russia had on the world as a whole? What influence have they had on America?
2) What famous people have come from Russia? What influence have Russia had in the arts and in politics?
3) What is Turgenev's view on his motherland is. If he happy about the changes occurring in his country?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Bazarov and Anna.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Turgenev use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)