|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is certain will happen to Bazarov now he has typhus?
2. What does Arkady discover that his father has?
3. How old was Fenitchka when she arrived at Nikolai's house?
4. Why does Vassily feel so uneasy in this section
5. What way do the two young men decide to go at the beginning of the section?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1850s.
1) Why was greed and loyalty such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters negative characteristics are product of their time? Do you think Russia was going through a transitional phase in the the 1850s? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does modern society share any values with 1850s Russia?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Turgenev's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Bazarov and Anna.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)