|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is certain will happen to Bazarov now he has typhus?
2. Where does Bazarov decide to go at the end of the chapter?
3. Who does Anna send for after her meeting with Bazarov?
4. What do Bazorov and Arkady hear playing in the distance?
5. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1850s.
1) Why was greed and loyalty such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters negative characteristics are product of their time? Do you think Russia was going through a transitional phase in the the 1850s? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does modern society share any values with 1850s Russia?
Essay Topic 2
In 1992 Fathers and Sons was made into a film starring Jeff Goldblum and directed by Paul Mones. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant over one hundred years later? Do you think the ideas expressed are timeless and universal? What issues in the novel do you think are unlikely to be understood by today's audiences?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Turgenev use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)