Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
2. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
3. How does Arina react to seeing her son again?
4. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
5. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Turgenev's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Why? Do the share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine nihilism and liberalism. What are the differences between the two schools of thought? Why do the students think that nihilism became a important movement in 1850s Russia? Why do you think the younger generation got sick of liberal attitudes? How did liberalism and nihilism evolve?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)