|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the guest at dinner?
2. What was Fenitchka's mother's job at the rooming house?
3. Why can Pavel not make suggestions about how to run the farm?
4. Why can Bazarov not allow the duel to continue?
5. What is certain will happen to Bazarov now he has typhus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Exanine the differences between Arkady and Bazarov's upbringings. Do you think it makes a big difference to his relationship with his father that Arkady mother died early? How has Vassily's doting affected Bazarov's character? Were they are true nihilists or did their upbringings prevent them from genuinely thinking in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Turgenev's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
The Fathers and Sons is part of the philosophical and political genre.
1) What are the conventions of the The Fathers and Sons genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did The Fathers and Sons help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in The Fathers and Sons?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)