Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
2. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
3. How does Arina react to seeing her son again?
4. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
5. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Turgenev use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character Bazarov examine the way Turgenev uses the other characters in the story. When does she introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Why? Do the share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Discuss Turgenev's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)