Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of property does Nikolai own?
2. Who is the farm named after?
3. Where do Arkady and Bazarov agree to meet Anna the next day?
4. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
5. What do Nikolai's servants call the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
2. Why does Bazarov decide to go home?
3. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
4. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
5. Why do you think Turgenev sometimes addresses the reader directly?
6. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
7. What does Arkady like about Katya?
8. What prompts Arkady to declare his love for Katya?
9. In what way have times been hard for Nikolai in recent times?
10. How did Pavel's relationship with the princess work out?
Examine Russia culture.
1) What influence have Russia had on the world as a whole? What influence have they had on America?
2) What famous people have come from Russia? What influence have Russia had in the arts and in politics?
3) What is Turgenev's view on his motherland is. If he happy about the changes occurring in his country?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1850s. How does Turgenev express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Compare the characters of Bazarov and Anna.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)