|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
2. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
3. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
4. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
5. What does Bazorov admit to Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Bazarov prove he is a man of honor in chapter 24?
2. What does Bazarov want to happen to Russia?
3. In what way have times been hard for Nikolai in recent times?
4. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
5. What suggestion is there in chapter 20 that Bazarov and Arkady maybe changing their perspective on life?
6. How does Bazarov and Arkady's ideas begin to differ in chapter 9?
7. How did Nikolai meet Fenitchka?
8. Describe Vassily's profession.
9. How do Anna and Katya react to Arkady and Bazarov's presence?
10. How does Bazardov react to Anna's rejection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Turgenev's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Bazarov and Anna.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
The novel is set in Russian provinces.
1) What meaning does Russian provinces bring to the novel? What would you automatically presume about a novel that was set in Russian provinces?
2) How different do you think today's Russian provinces is to the Russian provinces in the novel? How do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's Russian provinces?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)