|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikolai do after dinner?
(a) Plays cards
(b) Walks around the farm
(c) Smokes a cigar
2. What does Bazorov say the new Russia will be?
(a) More open
(b) More democratic
3. What is Pavel's opinion on the aristocracy?
(a) They are out of date
(b) They are sweet and humorous
(c) They are unneccessary
(d) They are noble and cultured
4. Where does Nikolai offer to put Fenitchka during his son's stay?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The cow shed
(c) The drawing room
(d) Another bedroom
5. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
(a) The kremlin
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
2. What is the name of the main protagonist?
3. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
4. What is the only thing that Arkady says Bazarov cares for?
5. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Barazov's presence at the farm created tension?
2. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
3. Why does Anna withdraw her affections for Barradov?
4. How do Anna and Katya react to Arkady and Bazarov's presence?
5. Describe the duel between Pavel and Bazarov.
6. In way does Bazarov contradict his nihilistic beliefs in this section?
7. Describe Nikolai's parents.
8. How does Barradov struggle with his feelings towards Anna?
9. How does Bazarov's situation change at the end of this section?
10. What suggestion is there in chapter 20 that Bazarov and Arkady maybe changing their perspective on life?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)