|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is smitten with Anna?
2. In whose honor is the ball being held?
(a) The British primeminister
(b) A Russian prince
3. What woman do the two young men meet at the ball?
4. What is the only thing that Arkady says Bazarov cares for?
(b) His mother
5. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
(a) They will meet again
(b) They will be married
(c) They will never meet again
(d) She is in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
2. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
3. What is the name of the young woman living with Nikolai?
4. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
5. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pavel meet the Russian princess?
2. Why does Bazarov decide to go home?
3. In what way is the generational gap between the two young men and Pavel and Nikolai evident in chapter 10?
4. Summarize Fathers and Sons.
5. Describe the point of view Turgenev has used in the novel.
6. In what way were Pavel and Nikolai different as children?
7. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
8. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
9. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
10. How do Baradov's parents react when they see their son for the first time in three years in chapter 20?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)