|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman living with Nikolai?
2. Who does Nikolai say would frown on his relationship with Fenitchka?
(a) High society
(b) His parents
(c) Severe moralists
(d) The law
3. Who has Arkady brought with him?
4. What is the only thing that Arkady says Bazarov cares for?
(c) His mother
5. What do Arkady and Bazarov leave dinner to do?
(c) Go for a walk
(d) Dissect frogs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first awake in the morning?
2. Which character is near to tears in this chapter?
3. Where will Bazarov go from Arkady's cousin's house?
4. Which character can play the piano?
5. What decade in the 19th century is the novel set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
2. Describe Vassily's profession.
3. What suggestion is there in chapter 20 that Bazarov and Arkady maybe changing their perspective on life?
4. In what way could Bazarov's love for Anna be seen as ironic?
5. What happens at the governor's ball?
6. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
7. In way does Bazarov contradict his nihilistic beliefs in this section?
8. Describe Nikolai's life up until the story's present.
9. How did Pavel meet the Russian princess?
10. What do Anna and Bazarov say to each when they are alone in chapter 25?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)