|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
2. How long has Pavel been living on the farm?
(a) 6 months
(b) 10 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 2 years
3. What is the name of Anna sister?
4. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
5. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
(a) The fireman's ball
(b) His friends house
(c) The governor's ball
(d) A restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. What decade in the 19th century is the novel set?
2. What does Bazarov ask the two young boys for?
3. What is the name of Nikolai's son?
4. What do Nikolai's servants call the farm?
5. What does Arkady say that people have no right to yield to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
2. In what way does Bazarov upset Pavel?
3. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
4. Describe the duel between Pavel and Bazarov.
5. How does Anna respond to Bazarov's declaration of love?
6. How does fate play a part in this section?
7. How does Bazardov react to Anna's rejection?
8. How does Fenirchka react to Pavel's presence in chapter 8?
9. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
10. In what way does Nikolai show jealously towards his brother Pavel in chapter 9?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)