|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
(a) To a hospital
(b) To Moscow
(c) To Nikolai's farm
(d) To a hotel
2. In what city does Arkady attend university?
(d) St. Petersburg
3. What does Pavel say will happen if people discard things like the aristocracy?
(a) They will destroy themselves
(b) There will be anarchy
(c) They will live outside of human nature
(d) They will be rich
4. Who has Arkady brought with him?
5. Who is the first awake in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
2. Where will Bazarov go from Arkady's cousin's house?
3. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
4. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
5. What is Pavel's opinion on the aristocracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Barazov's presence at the farm created tension?
2. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
3. How did Pavel's relationship with the princess work out?
4. Why does Anna withdraw her affections for Barradov?
5. In way does Bazarov contradict his nihilistic beliefs in this section?
6. What does Arkady like about Katya?
7. How do Baradov's parents react when they see their son for the first time in three years in chapter 20?
8. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
9. What do you think changes Arkady's attitude towards his father?
10. In what way were Pavel and Nikolai different as children?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)