|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
(a) He leaves her room
(b) He kisses her
(c) He argues with her
(d) He becomes silent
2. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
3. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
(a) The ridicule of his beliefs
(d) The farm
4. What happened to the princess?
(a) She became a queen
(b) She died
(c) She lost all of her wealth
(d) She married
5. Where do Arkady and Bazarov leave for the next morning?
(b) Nikolai's farm
(c) St. Petersburg
(d) Bazarov's parents house
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is smitten with Anna?
2. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
3. What kind of alcohol do Arkady and Bazarov drink at Kukshin's house?
4. What does Bazorov say the new Russia will be?
5. What is Pavel's opinion on the aristocracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bazarov want to happen to Russia?
2. In what way is the relationship between father and son strained in the first section?
3. How does Barradov struggle with his feelings towards Anna?
4. How does Bazardov react to Anna's rejection?
5. How did Pavel meet the Russian princess?
6. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
7. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
8. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
9. Describe the point of view Turgenev has used in the novel.
10. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)