|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bazarov call for the destruction of?
(b) The government
(c) The aristcracy
(d) All policies and principles
2. What does Nikolai wonder how Arkady and Bazorov could reject?
(a) The countryside
(c) The aristocracy
3. How many more nights does Bazarov want to stay at Anna's house?
4. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
5. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
2. Where will Bazarov go from Arkady's cousin's house?
3. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
4. Who is the first awake in the morning?
5. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
2. What does Bazarov do during his walk around the farm?
3. How does Barradov feel about being rejected by Anna?
4. Describe Nikolai's life up until the story's present.
5. How does Anna respond to Bazarov's declaration of love?
6. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
7. What is Nikolai's current state?
8. In what way has Barazov's presence at the farm created tension?
9. Describe Nikolai's parents.
10. Describe Vassily's profession.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)