|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bazarov ask the two young boys for?
(b) A knife
2. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
(a) Find understanding
(d) Kiss and make up
3. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
(a) His friends house
(b) A bordello
(c) A cafe
(d) A car show
4. Where do Arkady and Bazarov agree to meet Anna the next day?
(a) Her apartment
(b) Her hotel
(c) A restaurant
(d) A cafe
5. What is the name of the main protagonist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
2. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
3. What does Arkady say Pavel was a victim of?
4. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
5. What is the name of Anna sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Arkady to declare his love for Katya?
2. In what way does Bazarov upset Pavel?
3. How do Anna and Katya react to Arkady and Bazarov's presence?
4. Why is Nikolai so upset at the beginning of chapter 11?
5. How does Fenirchka react to Pavel's presence in chapter 8?
6. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
7. Describe Vassily's profession.
8. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
9. What happens at the governor's ball?
10. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)