|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Arkady brought with him?
2. Who does Bazarov make fun of after dinner?
3. What do Arkady and Bazarov leave dinner to do?
(a) Dissect frogs
(b) Go for a walk
4. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
5. When does Bazarov tell Anna he will be leaving?
(a) In two hours
(b) In a month's time
(c) Tomorrow morning
(d) Next week
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
2. What happened to the princess?
3. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
4. Who is the farm named after?
5. What does Arkady say that people have no right to yield to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion is there in chapter 20 that Bazarov and Arkady maybe changing their perspective on life?
2. How do Pavel and Bazarov's opinion of the Russian aristocracy differ?
3. What does Bazarov want to happen to Russia?
4. Describe Nikolai's life up until the story's present.
5. How did Pavel meet the Russian princess?
6. In way does Bazarov contradict his nihilistic beliefs in this section?
7. In what way does Bazarov upset Pavel?
8. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
9. Why does Arkady prefer Katya to Anna?
10. In what way could Bazarov's love for Anna be seen as ironic?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)