|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main protagonist?
2. How long has Pavel been living on the farm?
(a) 10 years
(b) 6 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 5 years
3. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
(a) If she will marry him
(b) If she loves Arkady
(c) If she wants to meet his parents
(d) If he must leave immediately
4. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
(a) A bordello
(b) His friends house
(c) A cafe
(d) A car show
5. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
(a) 15 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 12 miles
(d) 20 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
2. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
3. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
4. What does Bazorov say the new Russia will be?
5. What does Nikolai wonder how Arkady and Bazorov could reject?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bazarov's situation change at the end of this section?
2. In what way is the relationship between father and son strained in the first section?
3. Why is Nikolai so upset at the beginning of chapter 11?
4. How does Anna respond to Bazarov's declaration of love?
5. Why does Arkady prefer Katya to Anna?
6. What does Bazarov want to happen to Russia?
7. How do Bazarov's parents react to his death?
8. Describe the point of view Turgenev has used in the novel.
9. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
10. Why do you think Turgenev sometimes addresses the reader directly?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)