|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bazarov want frogs?
(a) To make a soup
(b) To train as a pet
(c) To torture
(d) To practice his medical skills
2. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
3. Where does Anna invite the two young men?
4. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
5. Who overhears Bazarov lecturing Arkady on old ways of thinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is smitten with Anna?
2. Who does Nikolai say would frown on his relationship with Fenitchka?
3. Where do Arkady and Bazarov agree to meet Anna the next day?
4. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
5. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Turgenev sometimes addresses the reader directly?
2. Describe Vassily's profession.
3. Describe the duel between Pavel and Bazarov.
4. How do Baradov's parents react when they see their son for the first time in three years in chapter 20?
5. How does Arkady know that Anna want him?
6. How does Turgenev end his novel?
7. Why does Arkady prefer Katya to Anna?
8. How do Pavel and Bazarov's opinion of the Russian aristocracy differ?
9. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
10. Why does Pavel challenge Bazarov to a duel?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)