|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Arkady and Bazarov agree to meet Anna the next day?
(a) Her apartment
(b) A cafe
(c) A restaurant
(d) Her hotel
2. Which character is smitten with Anna?
3. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
(a) The aristocracy
(c) Arkady and Bazarov
4. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
(a) She is in love with him
(b) They will meet again
(c) They will never meet again
(d) They will be married
5. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
(a) He argues with her
(b) He leaves her room
(c) He becomes silent
(d) He kisses her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bazarov's opinion of Nikolai?
2. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
3. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
4. Why does Bazarov want frogs?
5. Who has Arkady brought with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arkady infuriate Bazarov in chapter 10?
2. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
3. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
4. In what way is the relationship between father and son strained in the first section?
5. Describe the duel between Pavel and Bazarov.
6. In way does Bazarov contradict his nihilistic beliefs in this section?
7. In what way has Barazov's presence at the farm created tension?
8. In what way were Pavel and Nikolai different as children?
9. Why does Bazarov decide to go home?
10. How does Bazarov react to his imminent death?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)