|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman living with Nikolai?
2. What woman do the two young men meet at the ball?
3. Where do Arkady and Bazarov agree to meet Anna the next day?
(a) Her apartment
(b) A restaurant
(c) Her hotel
(d) A cafe
4. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
(b) The farm
(c) The ridicule of his beliefs
5. Who is the farm named after?
(a) Nikolai's daughter
(b) Nikolai's wife
(c) Nikolai's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
2. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
3. What is the name of the main protagonist?
4. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
5. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Bazarov prove he is a man of honor in chapter 24?
2. How does Arkady infuriate Bazarov in chapter 10?
3. How did Pavel's relationship with the princess work out?
4. How does Bazardov react to Anna's rejection?
5. In what way is the generational gap between the two young men and Pavel and Nikolai evident in chapter 10?
6. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
7. Describe Nikolai's life up until the story's present.
8. Describe Nikolai's parents.
9. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
10. Why do you think Turgenev sometimes addresses the reader directly?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)