|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nikolai meet whilst out on his walk?
2. What kind of boy does Arkady say his father was?
3. Which character is smitten with Anna?
4. What does Nikolai wonder how Arkady and Bazorov could reject?
(a) The countryside
(d) The aristocracy
5. What puts Bazarov off Anna?
(a) Her laugh
(b) Her looks
(c) Her sophistication
(d) Her height
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
2. What does Bazarov ask the two young boys for?
3. Who is the first awake in the morning?
4. What did Pavel love as a young man?
5. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bazarov and Arkady's ideas begin to differ in chapter 9?
2. How do Baradov's parents react when they see their son for the first time in three years in chapter 20?
3. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
4. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
5. In what way could Bazarov's love for Anna be seen as ironic?
6. In what way is the generational gap between the two young men and Pavel and Nikolai evident in chapter 10?
7. How does Arkady infuriate Bazarov in chapter 10?
8. How does Barradov feel about being rejected by Anna?
9. Why does Arkady prefer Katya to Anna?
10. In what way were Pavel and Nikolai different as children?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)