|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
2. Who have Arkady and Bazarov received an invitation from?
(a) A Russian princess
(b) Their university professor
(c) Arkady's uncle
(d) Arkady's cousin
3. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
(a) Family, working class, principles and progress
(b) Aristocracy, progress, principles and liberalism
(c) Liberalism, love, famiy and aristocracy
(d) Communism, progress, human nature and women
4. Which character can play the piano?
5. Until what age did Nikolai receive home schooling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of property does Nikolai own?
2. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
3. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
4. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
5. How is Pavel related to Arkady?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Arkady to declare his love for Katya?
2. What do Anna and Bazarov say to each when they are alone in chapter 25?
3. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
4. How does Barradov struggle with his feelings towards Anna?
5. Describe the point of view Turgenev has used in the novel.
6. Describe Vassily's profession.
7. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
8. Why does Bazarov decide to go home?
9. In what way were Pavel and Nikolai different as children?
10. In what way have times been hard for Nikolai in recent times?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)