|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
(a) His opinion on politics
(b) His opinion of aristocrats
(c) His opinion on medicine
(d) His opinion on human nature
2. What does Bazarov call for the destruction of?
(b) The government
(c) The aristcracy
(d) All policies and principles
3. What kind of boy does Arkady say his father was?
4. Who in the household find a friend in Bazorov?
(a) The servants
5. Who does Bazarov make fun of after dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of property does Nikolai own?
2. Who is the first awake in the morning?
3. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
4. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
5. Where is Nikolai waiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bazarov react to his imminent death?
2. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
3. In what way is the generational gap between the two young men and Pavel and Nikolai evident in chapter 10?
4. How does Arkady know that Anna want him?
5. What comment do you think Turgenev is making about love in this book?
6. What prompts Arkady to declare his love for Katya?
7. Why is Nikolai so upset at the beginning of chapter 11?
8. How do Pavel and Bazarov's opinion of the Russian aristocracy differ?
9. How does Anna respond to Bazarov's declaration of love?
10. What suggestion is there in chapter 20 that Bazarov and Arkady maybe changing their perspective on life?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)