|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
(a) The ridicule of his beliefs
(b) The farm
2. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
(a) 15 miles
(b) 12 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 20 miles
3. Which character is near to tears in this chapter?
4. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
5. What decade in the 19th century is the novel set?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
2. What do Nikolai's servants call the farm?
3. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
4. In what city does Arkady attend university?
5. What is Bazarov's opinion on the aristocracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fenirchka react to Pavel's presence in chapter 8?
2. Describe Nikolai's parents.
3. Summarize Fathers and Sons.
4. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
5. Why is Nikolai so upset at the beginning of chapter 11?
6. Why does Pavel challenge Bazarov to a duel?
7. Why do you think Turgenev sometimes addresses the reader directly?
8. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
9. Describe Nikolai's life up until the story's present.
10. What is Pavel's argument in support of aristocracy?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)