|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
(c) Find understanding
(d) Kiss and make up
2. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
(a) A nihilist
(b) A capitialist
(c) A communist
(d) A fascist
3. What kind of alcohol do Arkady and Bazarov drink at Kukshin's house?
4. What does Bazorov say the new Russia will be?
(a) More open
(b) More democratic
5. Where does Nikolai offer to put Fenitchka during his son's stay?
(a) The cow shed
(b) Another bedroom
(c) The kitchen
(d) The drawing room
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bazarov's opinion of Nikolai?
2. What is the name of the main protagonist?
3. How long has Pavel been living on the farm?
4. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
5. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what does Arkady show he is not the nihilist he wants to be?
2. What is Pavel's argument in support of aristocracy?
3. How do Anna and Katya react to Arkady and Bazarov's presence?
4. What happens to all the major characters by the end of the story?
5. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
6. In what way does Nikolai show jealously towards his brother Pavel in chapter 9?
7. How does Barradov feel about being rejected by Anna?
8. In what way were Pavel and Nikolai different as children?
9. How does Arkady infuriate Bazarov in chapter 10?
10. What does Bazarov want to happen to Russia?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)