|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 15 miles
(c) 20 miles
(d) 12 miles
2. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) The loss of a woman
(b) The loss of their wealth
(c) The same big nose
(d) A bedroom
3. What kind of property does Nikolai own?
(a) A farm
(b) A hotel
(c) A boarding house
(d) A manor house
4. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
(a) The farm
(b) The ridicule of his beliefs
5. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Anna sister?
2. Where is Nikolai waiting?
3. Which character is smitten with Anna?
4. What kind of alcohol do Arkady and Bazarov drink at Kukshin's house?
5. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Anna and Katya react to Arkady and Bazarov's presence?
2. Describe the point of view Turgenev has used in the novel.
3. How did Pavel meet the Russian princess?
4. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
5. Why does Bazarov decide to go home?
6. Why does Pavel challenge Bazarov to a duel?
7. Why is Nikolai so upset at the beginning of chapter 11?
8. What suggestion is there in chapter 20 that Bazarov and Arkady maybe changing their perspective on life?
9. How does Arkady know that Anna want him?
10. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)