|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pavel related to Arkady?
(a) His brother
(b) His grandfather
(c) His Uncle
(d) His brother in law
2. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
(a) Like an animal
(b) Like a businessman
(c) Like a noble
(d) Like a serf
3. What happened to the princess?
(a) She became a queen
(b) She married
(c) She lost all of her wealth
(d) She died
4. What is the name of Anna's neighbor?
5. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
(a) A fascist
(b) A nihilist
(c) A capitialist
(d) A communist
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
2. What kind of boy does Arkady say his father was?
3. Why do Arkady and Bazarov decide to leave Kukshin's house?
4. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
5. What was Nikolai's father's ranking in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bazarov react to his imminent death?
2. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
3. What does Bazarov do during his walk around the farm?
4. Describe the duel between Pavel and Bazarov.
5. In what way does Bazarov prove he is a man of honor in chapter 24?
6. How does Barradov feel about being rejected by Anna?
7. How does Anna respond to Bazarov's declaration of love?
8. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
9. How does Bazarov's situation change at the end of this section?
10. How does fate play a part in this section?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)