|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Platonitch amuse the ladies?
(a) With silly dances
(b) With dinner parties
(c) With card games
(d) With puppet shows
2. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
3. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
(a) To a hotel
(b) To Moscow
(c) To Nikolai's farm
(d) To a hospital
4. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
5. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
(a) He leaves her room
(b) He becomes silent
(c) He kisses her
(d) He argues with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
2. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
3. Who is the first awake in the morning?
4. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
5. What does Bazorov admit to Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bazarov's parents react to his death?
2. How did Pavel meet the Russian princess?
3. What was happening in Russia at the time to bring about hardships to land owners like Nikolai
4. In what way does Nikolai show jealously towards his brother Pavel in chapter 9?
5. In what way has Barazov's presence at the farm created tension?
6. How do Anna and Katya react to Arkady and Bazarov's presence?
7. In what way does Nikolai prove he is not a farmer at heart?
8. What happens to all the major characters by the end of the story?
9. Why does Anna withdraw her affections for Barradov?
10. How does fate play a part in this section?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)