Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
(a) They will meet again
(b) They will be married
(c) She is in love with him
(d) They will never meet again
2. What kind of alcohol do Arkady and Bazarov drink at Kukshin's house?
3. How is Pavel related to Arkady?
(a) His brother in law
(b) His brother
(c) His Uncle
(d) His grandfather
4. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
5. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
2. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
3. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
4. What did Pavel love as a young man?
5. Where will Bazarov go from Arkady's cousin's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anna respond to Bazarov's declaration of love?
2. Why does Anna withdraw her affections for Barradov?
3. How do Baradov's parents react when they see their son for the first time in three years in chapter 20?
4. How does fate play a part in this section?
5. Describe the duel between Pavel and Bazarov.
6. Describe the point of view Turgenev has used in the novel.
7. Why is Nikolai so upset at the beginning of chapter 11?
8. How does Arkady claim he has changed since falling in love with Katya?
9. In what way have times been hard for Nikolai in recent times?
10. What plans do Arkady and Bazarov make in this chapter?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)