|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main protagonist?
2. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
3. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
4. How does Platonitch amuse the ladies?
(a) With card games
(b) With dinner parties
(c) With puppet shows
(d) With silly dances
5. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
(a) Like a serf
(b) Like an animal
(c) Like a businessman
(d) Like a noble
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of property does Nikolai own?
2. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
3. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
4. What has Anna promised to educate Bazorov on?
5. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pavel meet the Russian princess?
2. How do Anna and Katya react to Arkady and Bazarov's presence?
3. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
4. What suggestion is there in chapter 20 that Bazarov and Arkady maybe changing their perspective on life?
5. How does Bazardov react to Anna's rejection?
6. How did Pavel's relationship with the princess work out?
7. How does Bazarov and Arkady's ideas begin to differ in chapter 9?
8. Why does Bazarov decide to go home?
9. How do Bazarov's parents react to his death?
10. What does Bazarov do during his walk around the farm?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)