|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anna send for after her meeting with Bazarov?
2. What does Bazarov's grave sit between?
(a) Two oak trees
(b) Two elm trees
(c) Moscow and St. Petersburg
(d) Two crosses
3. What does Arkady think there may be value in?
(b) Family and security
(c) Money and music
(d) Nature and romance
4. Who does Anna say she is now interested in?
(c) A Russian prince
5. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
(a) All seeing eyes
(b) Dead eyes
(c) Innocent eyes
(d) Wise eyes
6. What was Fenitchka's mother's job at the rooming house?
(a) A waitress
(b) A chimney sweeper
(c) A landlady
(d) A domestic
7. Where does Anna summon Bazarov?
(a) The library
(b) Her bedroom
(c) The drawing room
(d) The kitchen
8. Why can Bazarov not allow the duel to continue?
(a) He wants to finish university
(b) He likes Pavel
(c) He is too mature
(d) He has to tend to Pavel's wound
9. How does Fenitchka feel about having Pavel in her room?
10. What is the baby's name?
11. What kind of man has Anna married?
(a) A man of influence and wealth
(b) A family man
(c) A man of music and soul
(d) A man with good connections
12. Who did Vassily use to serve as a doctor?
(a) The army
(b) Mental patients
(c) Cancer victims
(d) The marines
13. What is the name of Bazorov's father?
14. Whose door does Pavel knock on when he returns to the house?
15. Who does Bazarov ask his father to send a letter to?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is the story told in?
2. Why won't Katya come out of her room?
3. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov to?
4. What is Vasily's profession?
5. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)