|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who occasionally addresses the reader?
(b) The author
2. Why did Nikolai hire Fenitchka's mother?
(a) Her daughter was beautiful
(b) She was cheap
(c) She kept the house immaculately
(d) She was beautiful
3. Who are Katya's mother's letters addressed to?
(c) Arkady's mother
4. Who does Anna say she is now interested in?
(d) A Russian prince
5. Why can Pavel not make suggestions about how to run the farm?
(a) His brother has to sort out his own problems
(b) He is not trained in such matters
(c) He does not like the farm
(d) It will cost him money
6. What is the name of Bazarov's mother?
7. What does Pavel ask to see in Fenitchka's room?
(a) Her book collection
(b) Her photographs
(c) Her dresses
(d) Her baby
8. What does Arkady discover that his father has?
(a) A deadly illness
(b) Letters from Katya's mother
(c) An ancient book of medicine
9. What part of the body does Bazarov shoot Pavel?
(a) In the buttocks
(b) In the groin
(c) In the arm
(d) In the leg
10. From what point of view is the story told in?
(a) First person
(b) Third person
(c) Second person
11. What does Pavel do when Nikolai comes into the room?
(a) Embraces him
(b) Hangs his head in shame
(c) Jumps out of the window
(d) Leaves the room
12. What does Bazarov comment on during their walk around the farm?
(a) The lack of decent food
(b) His bunions
(c) The state of Russia
(d) The bad state of the farm
13. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
(a) Five years
(b) Three years
(c) Six months
(d) Eight years
14. Why won't Katya come out of her room?
(a) She is not wearing her make up
(b) She is crying
(c) She is ill
(d) She is with a man
15. What does Pavel ask to borrow from Fenitchka?
(a) Green tea
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vassily use to serve as a doctor?
2. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
3. Who does Nikolai marry?
4. What does Arkady want Nikolai to do with Fenitchka?
5. What does Bazarov apologize to Anna about?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)