|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other character has remarried?
2. Who does Pavel arrive with at the duel?
3. In what way does Arkady say Katya is like Anna?
(a) She is funny
(b) She is independent
(c) She has dark hair
(d) She is beautiful
4. What is Vasily's profession?
(d) Construction worker
5. How does Arina react to seeing her son again?
(a) She runs back into the house
(b) She makes his favorite sandwich
(c) She hits him
(d) She weeps
6. Where does Pavel accompany Nikolai?
(a) The court
(b) The police station
(c) The bailiff's
(d) The post office
7. What does Bazarov promise his father?
(a) He will return soon
(b) He will never come back
(c) He will come back rich
(d) He will become a doctor
8. What kind of man has Anna married?
(a) A man of music and soul
(b) A man with good connections
(c) A family man
(d) A man of influence and wealth
9. What does Bazarov accuse Arkady of being when he states his wishes for his father to marry Fenitchka?
(c) Overly moral
10. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
11. Who has the final word in the story?
(c) The author
12. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
(a) Dead eyes
(b) Innocent eyes
(c) Wise eyes
(d) All seeing eyes
13. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
(a) Pulls out an engagement ring
(b) Thumps his chest
(c) Goes to his room
(d) Kisses her
14. What do Bazorov and Arkady hear playing in the distance?
(a) The violin
(b) The guitar
(c) The flute
(d) The clarinet
15. What does Arkady discover that his father has?
(a) A deadly illness
(b) Letters from Katya's mother
(c) An ancient book of medicine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkady want Nikolai to do with Fenitchka?
2. Which characters in this chapter are grieving?
3. Who did Vassily use to serve as a doctor?
4. Who does Arkady marry?
5. Whose voices do Arkady and Katya hear as they sit in the garden?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)