|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bazarov take a walk the next morning?
(a) The local park
(b) The woods
(c) Around a lake
(d) Along the riverside
2. Which character in the book says "such women are not common nowadays."
(a) The author
3. Why can Bazarov not allow the duel to continue?
(a) He is too mature
(b) He has to tend to Pavel's wound
(c) He wants to finish university
(d) He likes Pavel
4. What does Bazarov try to do with Fenitchka at the arbor?
(a) Hold her hand
(b) Push her inthe water
(c) Hug her
(d) Kiss her
5. Who is playing the violin?
6. What kind of man has Anna married?
(a) A man of influence and wealth
(b) A man with good connections
(c) A family man
(d) A man of music and soul
7. How old was Fenitchka when she arrived at Nikolai's house?
8. Why did Nikolai hire Fenitchka's mother?
(a) She kept the house immaculately
(b) Her daughter was beautiful
(c) She was beautiful
(d) She was cheap
9. Why can Pavel not make suggestions about how to run the farm?
(a) He does not like the farm
(b) It will cost him money
(c) His brother has to sort out his own problems
(d) He is not trained in such matters
10. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
(a) Give her money
(b) Write her poems
(c) Cook her dinner
(d) Tend to her child
11. What is the name of Bazarov's mother?
12. How does Fenitchka feel about having Pavel in her room?
13. What does Bazarov have to perform on the man?
(a) Mouth to mouth resusitation
(b) An operation
(c) An autopsy
(d) A massage
14. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
(a) His kiss with Fenitchka
(b) His love for Anna
(c) The duel
(d) His experiments
15. Where does Bazarov decide to go at the end of the chapter?
(c) To Nikolai's farm
(d) St. Petersburg
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voices do Arkady and Katya hear as they sit in the garden?
2. Who does Bazarov think that Arkady is having an affair with?
3. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
4. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
5. What does Vassily feel his son his destined for?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)