|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the book says "such women are not common nowadays."
(d) The author
2. Which other character has remarried?
3. Who occasionally addresses the reader?
(c) The author
4. Where do Arkady and Bazarov go after Nikolskoe?
(a) Arkady's cousin's house
(b) Nikolai's farm
(c) St. Petersburg
(d) Bazarov's parents house
5. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
(a) Three years
(b) Eight years
(c) Five years
(d) Six months
6. Whose door does Pavel knock on when he returns to the house?
7. What does Vassily feel his son his destined for?
(a) An awkward wife
(b) An early grave
(d) Taking over his business
8. What does Bazarov's grave sit between?
(a) Two crosses
(b) Two oak trees
(c) Two elm trees
(d) Moscow and St. Petersburg
9. Where does Bazarov decide to go at the end of the chapter?
(a) To Nikolai's farm
(d) St. Petersburg
10. What was Fenitchka's mother's job at the rooming house?
(a) A landlady
(b) A chimney sweeper
(c) A waitress
(d) A domestic
11. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
(a) He cuts himself
(b) He tries to resusitate the man
(c) He touches the man with his naked skin
(d) He uses the man's tooth brush
12. What does Bazarov accuse Arkady of being when he states his wishes for his father to marry Fenitchka?
(d) Overly moral
13. How does Fenitchka feel about having Pavel in her room?
14. Who does Arkady marry?
15. Who witnesses the kiss between Bazarov and Fenitchka?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does the man who visits Bazarov have?
2. What does Bazarov promise his father?
3. What is the baby's name?
4. What does Bazarov apologize to Anna about?
5. Where did Nikolai meet Fenitchka's mother?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)