|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the book says "such women are not common nowadays."
(c) The author
2. Why can Bazarov not allow the duel to continue?
(a) He has to tend to Pavel's wound
(b) He is too mature
(c) He likes Pavel
(d) He wants to finish university
3. Where did Nikolai meet Fenitchka's mother?
(a) In Berlin
(b) At a hotel
(c) At a rooming house
(d) On a bordello
4. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
(a) Write her poems
(b) Tend to her child
(c) Give her money
(d) Cook her dinner
5. What part of the body does Bazarov shoot Pavel?
(a) In the groin
(b) In the leg
(c) In the arm
(d) In the buttocks
6. What is Vasily's profession?
(d) Construction worker
7. What does Bazarov comment on during their walk around the farm?
(a) The state of Russia
(b) The bad state of the farm
(c) His bunions
(d) The lack of decent food
8. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov to?
(a) A game of cards
(b) A soccer match
(c) A wrestle
(d) A duel
9. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
10. What does Bazarov accuse Arkady of being when he states his wishes for his father to marry Fenitchka?
(a) Overly moral
11. What way do the two young men decide to go at the beginning of the section?
12. Where does Bazarov take a walk the next morning?
(a) The local park
(b) Around a lake
(c) The woods
(d) Along the riverside
13. In what way did Anna put Bazarov in an unfair position?
(a) She forced him to visit her
(b) She flirted with him
(c) She promised him the world
(d) She loved him too much
14. What does Bazarov apologize to Anna about?
(a) That he has to leave soon
(b) His declarations of love
(c) His appearance
(d) His mood
15. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
(a) Six months
(b) Five years
(c) Eight years
(d) Three years
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other character has remarried?
2. Who does Anna bring with her?
3. Which characters in this chapter are grieving?
4. Who does Bazarov ask his father to send a letter to?
5. Where would turning left take the two young men?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)