|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Arkady say Katya is like Anna?
(a) She is beautiful
(b) She is independent
(c) She is funny
(d) She has dark hair
2. Where do Bazarov and Arkady meet Fenitchka in this section?
(a) In the drawing room
(b) In an arbor
(c) In the woods
(d) Next to the fountain
3. Who did Vassily use to serve as a doctor?
(a) Cancer victims
(b) The army
(c) The marines
(d) Mental patients
4. Who does the servant say has arrived to see Arkady?
5. What has Arkady requested in his letter to Anna?
(a) To live at Nikolskoe
(b) To marry Anna
(c) For Katya to live with him
(d) To marry Katya
6. What does Vassily feel his son his destined for?
(a) An awkward wife
(b) An early grave
(d) Taking over his business
7. Why won't Katya come out of her room?
(a) She is ill
(b) She is not wearing her make up
(c) She is with a man
(d) She is crying
8. What kind of man has Anna married?
(a) A man of music and soul
(b) A man of influence and wealth
(c) A man with good connections
(d) A family man
9. Where has Pavel relocated to?
10. Where does Pavel accompany Nikolai?
(a) The post office
(b) The bailiff's
(c) The police station
(d) The court
11. Why did Nikolai hire Fenitchka's mother?
(a) She was beautiful
(b) Her daughter was beautiful
(c) She kept the house immaculately
(d) She was cheap
12. What is the name of Bazarov's mother?
13. Why does Vassily feel so uneasy in this section
(a) He is dying
(b) He has no money
(c) Bazarov won't talk to him
(d) He has cramp
14. How old was Fenitchka when she arrived at Nikolai's house?
15. Who does Nikolai marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pavel arrive with at the duel?
2. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
3. What is Vasily's profession?
4. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
5. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)