|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does the man who visits Bazarov have?
2. Who witnesses the kiss between Bazarov and Fenitchka?
3. What part of the body does Bazarov shoot Pavel?
(a) In the arm
(b) In the groin
(c) In the buttocks
(d) In the leg
4. Where did Nikolai meet Fenitchka's mother?
(a) On a bordello
(b) In Berlin
(c) At a rooming house
(d) At a hotel
5. What kind of man has Anna married?
(a) A man with good connections
(b) A man of music and soul
(c) A man of influence and wealth
(d) A family man
6. For which of the following reason does Arkady claim to like Katya?
(a) She likes Putin
(b) She likes to obey
(c) She has good fashion sense
(d) She has beautiful hands
7. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
(a) Kisses her
(b) Thumps his chest
(c) Pulls out an engagement ring
(d) Goes to his room
8. What would turning right take the two young men?
(a) A funfair
(c) Nikolai's farm
(d) A doctors convention
9. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
(a) He cuts himself
(b) He uses the man's tooth brush
(c) He touches the man with his naked skin
(d) He tries to resusitate the man
10. How does Arina react to seeing her son again?
(a) She runs back into the house
(b) She weeps
(c) She makes his favorite sandwich
(d) She hits him
11. Why does Vassily feel so uneasy in this section
(a) He has no money
(b) He has cramp
(c) He is dying
(d) Bazarov won't talk to him
12. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
(a) Five years
(b) Six months
(c) Eight years
(d) Three years
13. Who does Anna bring with her?
(a) A priest
(b) A German physician
(c) A British physician
14. Why won't Katya come out of her room?
(a) She is not wearing her make up
(b) She is with a man
(c) She is crying
(d) She is ill
15. What do Bazorov and Arkady hear playing in the distance?
(a) The guitar
(b) The violin
(c) The flute
(d) The clarinet
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Arkady and Bazarov stay at Nikolskoe?
2. What kind of nature does the author say the flowers tells us of?
3. Who is the guest at dinner?
4. Where do Arkady and Bazarov go after Nikolskoe?
5. What does Bazarov's grave sit between?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)