|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vasily's profession?
(c) Construction worker
2. What does Arkady want Nikolai to do with Fenitchka?
(a) Make her into a servant
(b) Marry her
(c) Throw her out
(d) Send her abroad
3. What is the baby's name?
4. Where do Bazarov and Arkady meet Fenitchka in this section?
(a) In an arbor
(b) Next to the fountain
(c) In the woods
(d) In the drawing room
5. What was Fenitchka's mother's job at the rooming house?
(a) A domestic
(b) A landlady
(c) A waitress
(d) A chimney sweeper
6. In what way did Anna put Bazarov in an unfair position?
(a) She loved him too much
(b) She flirted with him
(c) She forced him to visit her
(d) She promised him the world
7. What does Pavel do when Nikolai comes into the room?
(a) Hangs his head in shame
(b) Leaves the room
(c) Jumps out of the window
(d) Embraces him
8. Which character in the book says "such women are not common nowadays."
(d) The author
9. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
(a) Wise eyes
(b) Innocent eyes
(c) Dead eyes
(d) All seeing eyes
10. What does Bazarov have to perform on the man?
(a) Mouth to mouth resusitation
(b) An operation
(c) An autopsy
(d) A massage
11. What would turning right take the two young men?
(a) Nikolai's farm
(b) A doctors convention
(c) A funfair
12. What is the name of Bazarov's mother?
13. Who occasionally addresses the reader?
(d) The author
14. Who witnesses the kiss between Bazarov and Fenitchka?
15. What does Bazarov's grave sit between?
(a) Two elm trees
(b) Two oak trees
(c) Two crosses
(d) Moscow and St. Petersburg
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Pavel relocated to?
2. What does Bazarov try to do with Fenitchka at the arbor?
3. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
4. What does Bazarov comment on during their walk around the farm?
5. What does Bazarov do while Arkady is away from the farm?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)