|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weddings take place at Nikolai's farm?
2. What does Pavel ask to see in Fenitchka's room?
(a) Her photographs
(b) Her dresses
(c) Her book collection
(d) Her baby
3. Which characters in this chapter are grieving?
(a) Arkady and Anna
(b) Bazarov's parents
(c) Fenitchka and Anna
(d) Pavel and Arkady
4. What does Bazarov try to do with Fenitchka at the arbor?
(a) Hold her hand
(b) Kiss her
(c) Hug her
(d) Push her inthe water
5. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
(a) Write her poems
(b) Tend to her child
(c) Cook her dinner
(d) Give her money
6. What do Bazorov and Arkady hear playing in the distance?
(a) The violin
(b) The flute
(c) The guitar
(d) The clarinet
7. What do Bazarov and Arkady have a heated discussion about later that afternoon?
(c) The nature of human beings
(d) How to make porridge
8. What does Pavel ask to borrow from Fenitchka?
(d) Green tea
9. Where does Anna summon Bazarov?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The library
(c) Her bedroom
(d) The drawing room
10. What was Fenitchka's mother's job at the rooming house?
(a) A chimney sweeper
(b) A landlady
(c) A domestic
(d) A waitress
11. Where would turning left take the two young men?
(a) To Anna and Katya
(b) To the farm
(c) A bordello
(d) St. Petersburg
12. Who does Bazarov think that Arkady is having an affair with?
13. What does Bazarov do while Arkady is away from the farm?
(b) Argues with Pavel
(c) Lies in the sun
(d) Conducts experiments
14. What does Bazarov apologize to Anna about?
(a) His appearance
(b) His mood
(c) That he has to leave soon
(d) His declarations of love
15. What does Arkady discover that his father has?
(b) Letters from Katya's mother
(c) An ancient book of medicine
(d) A deadly illness
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anna bring with her?
2. Where did Nikolai meet Fenitchka's mother?
3. Who does Anna say she is now interested in?
4. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
5. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)