|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arkady say he is going when he leaves to visit Katya?
(a) The library
(c) The local shop
(d) The Sunday School
2. For which of the following reason does Arkady claim to like Katya?
(a) She likes Putin
(b) She has good fashion sense
(c) She likes to obey
(d) She has beautiful hands
3. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
(a) Wise eyes
(b) All seeing eyes
(c) Dead eyes
(d) Innocent eyes
4. Where would turning left take the two young men?
(a) St. Petersburg
(b) To the farm
(c) To Anna and Katya
(d) A bordello
5. Where does Bazarov take a walk the next morning?
(a) Around a lake
(b) The local park
(c) Along the riverside
(d) The woods
6. Why can Bazarov not allow the duel to continue?
(a) He likes Pavel
(b) He has to tend to Pavel's wound
(c) He is too mature
(d) He wants to finish university
7. What part of the body does Bazarov shoot Pavel?
(a) In the groin
(b) In the arm
(c) In the buttocks
(d) In the leg
8. Who does Anna say she is now interested in?
(d) A Russian prince
9. Where does Bazarov decide to go at the end of the chapter?
(a) St. Petersburg
(b) To Nikolai's farm
10. Who did Vassily use to serve as a doctor?
(a) Cancer victims
(b) Mental patients
(c) The marines
(d) The army
11. Why does Vassily feel so uneasy in this section
(a) He has no money
(b) Bazarov won't talk to him
(c) He has cramp
(d) He is dying
12. Where do Bazarov and Arkady meet Fenitchka in this section?
(a) Next to the fountain
(b) In an arbor
(c) In the woods
(d) In the drawing room
13. Who does Arkady marry?
14. What kind of nature does the author say the flowers tells us of?
15. Whose door does Pavel knock on when he returns to the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the servant say has arrived to see Arkady?
2. Which characters in this chapter are grieving?
3. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
4. Where does Anna summon Arkady the next morning?
5. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)