|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bazorov's father?
2. Who are Katya's mother's letters addressed to?
(c) Arkady's mother
3. Where does Bazarov take a walk the next morning?
(a) The local park
(b) Along the riverside
(c) Around a lake
(d) The woods
4. Where does Bazarov decide to go at the end of the chapter?
(b) St. Petersburg
(c) To Nikolai's farm
5. What does Arkady think that Bazarov has come to tell him?
(a) Their friendship is over
(b) Bazarov is in love with Katya
(c) Bad news from home
(d) They have to go back to university
6. Where did Nikolai meet Fenitchka's mother?
(a) In Berlin
(b) On a bordello
(c) At a hotel
(d) At a rooming house
7. Who does Arkady marry?
8. Why can Bazarov not allow the duel to continue?
(a) He likes Pavel
(b) He has to tend to Pavel's wound
(c) He is too mature
(d) He wants to finish university
9. Who is the guest at dinner?
(b) The local priest
(d) A Russian princess
10. Why can Pavel not make suggestions about how to run the farm?
(a) He does not like the farm
(b) His brother has to sort out his own problems
(c) It will cost him money
(d) He is not trained in such matters
11. What does Bazarov try to do with Fenitchka at the arbor?
(a) Kiss her
(b) Push her inthe water
(c) Hug her
(d) Hold her hand
12. What does Bazarov accuse Arkady of being when he states his wishes for his father to marry Fenitchka?
(b) Overly moral
13. What does Pavel do when Nikolai comes into the room?
(a) Leaves the room
(b) Embraces him
(c) Jumps out of the window
(d) Hangs his head in shame
14. Who does Bazarov ask his father to send a letter to?
15. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
(a) Pulls out an engagement ring
(b) Thumps his chest
(c) Goes to his room
(d) Kisses her
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is the story told in?
2. Who does Nikolai marry?
3. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
4. What does Bazarov promise his father?
5. What does Arkady do after his marriage to Katya?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)