|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would turning left take the two young men?
(a) A bordello
(b) To Anna and Katya
(c) St. Petersburg
(d) To the farm
2. Who does Anna say she is now interested in?
(c) A Russian prince
3. What does Arkady discover that his father has?
(a) A deadly illness
(c) Letters from Katya's mother
(d) An ancient book of medicine
4. Which other character has remarried?
5. Where has Pavel relocated to?
6. What do Bazarov and Arkady have a heated discussion about later that afternoon?
(b) The nature of human beings
(c) How to make porridge
7. What time in the morning does the duel take place?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 7.30 a.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
8. Who does Arkady marry?
9. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
(a) He touches the man with his naked skin
(b) He tries to resusitate the man
(c) He uses the man's tooth brush
(d) He cuts himself
10. What does Bazarov have to perform on the man?
(a) An autopsy
(b) A massage
(c) An operation
(d) Mouth to mouth resusitation
11. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov to?
(a) A soccer match
(b) A duel
(c) A wrestle
(d) A game of cards
12. What does Arkady want Nikolai to do with Fenitchka?
(a) Marry her
(b) Throw her out
(c) Send her abroad
(d) Make her into a servant
13. What is Vasily's profession?
(b) Construction worker
14. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
(a) Three years
(b) Eight years
(c) Six months
(d) Five years
15. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkady do after his marriage to Katya?
2. What does Bazarov comment on during their walk around the farm?
3. How long do Arkady and Bazarov stay at Nikolskoe?
4. What does Arkady think there may be value in?
5. Why can Pavel not make suggestions about how to run the farm?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)