|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the body does Bazarov shoot Pavel?
(a) In the arm
(b) In the leg
(c) In the groin
(d) In the buttocks
2. How does Fenitchka feel about having Pavel in her room?
3. Which character in the book says "such women are not common nowadays."
(d) The author
4. What does Pavel ask to see in Fenitchka's room?
(a) Her photographs
(b) Her dresses
(c) Her baby
(d) Her book collection
5. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
(a) All seeing eyes
(b) Dead eyes
(c) Innocent eyes
(d) Wise eyes
6. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov to?
(a) A duel
(b) A game of cards
(c) A wrestle
(d) A soccer match
7. What is the name of Bazorov's father?
8. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
(a) Three years
(b) Five years
(c) Six months
(d) Eight years
9. What way do the two young men decide to go at the beginning of the section?
10. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
(a) He tries to resusitate the man
(b) He uses the man's tooth brush
(c) He touches the man with his naked skin
(d) He cuts himself
11. Which other character has remarried?
12. Who are Katya's mother's letters addressed to?
(b) Arkady's mother
13. Who does Arkady marry?
14. What do Bazorov and Arkady hear playing in the distance?
(a) The clarinet
(b) The flute
(c) The guitar
(d) The violin
15. Who does Anna send for after her meeting with Bazarov?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bazarov ask his father to send a letter to?
2. Whose voices do Arkady and Katya hear as they sit in the garden?
3. What is Vasily's profession?
4. Who does Anna bring with her?
5. What time in the morning does the duel take place?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)