|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Arkady requested in his letter to Anna?
(a) For Katya to live with him
(b) To marry Katya
(c) To marry Anna
(d) To live at Nikolskoe
2. Who is playing the violin?
3. Why did Nikolai hire Fenitchka's mother?
(a) She kept the house immaculately
(b) She was cheap
(c) She was beautiful
(d) Her daughter was beautiful
4. What is certain will happen to Bazarov now he has typhus?
(a) He will lose his legs
(b) His hair will fall out
(c) He will become impotent
5. What does Bazarov apologize to Anna about?
(a) His declarations of love
(b) That he has to leave soon
(c) His mood
(d) His appearance
6. For which of the following reason does Arkady claim to like Katya?
(a) She has good fashion sense
(b) She likes to obey
(c) She likes Putin
(d) She has beautiful hands
7. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
(a) Write her poems
(b) Tend to her child
(c) Give her money
(d) Cook her dinner
8. Who does Bazarov think that Arkady is having an affair with?
9. From what point of view is the story told in?
(a) First person
(b) Third person
(d) Second person
10. What does Arkady insist that Katya has more of than her sister Anna?
11. Who does Anna bring with her?
(a) A German physician
(b) A priest
(d) A British physician
12. Why can Pavel not make suggestions about how to run the farm?
(a) He does not like the farm
(b) His brother has to sort out his own problems
(c) He is not trained in such matters
(d) It will cost him money
13. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
(a) She won't care
(b) She will fuss
(c) It will break her heart
(d) She will get angry
14. In what way does Arkady say Katya is like Anna?
(a) She is beautiful
(b) She is independent
(c) She is funny
(d) She has dark hair
15. What does Bazarov do while Arkady is away from the farm?
(a) Lies in the sun
(b) Conducts experiments
(c) Argues with Pavel
Short Answer Questions
1. What way do the two young men decide to go at the beginning of the section?
2. Where does Bazarov take a walk the next morning?
3. What does Bazarov try to do with Fenitchka at the arbor?
4. Where does Anna summon Bazarov?
5. What does Pavel ask to borrow from Fenitchka?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)