|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would turning right take the two young men?
(b) A funfair
(c) A doctors convention
(d) Nikolai's farm
2. Who does Arkady marry?
3. Who does Anna bring with her?
(a) A German physician
(b) A priest
(c) A British physician
4. Where does Arkady say he is going when he leaves to visit Katya?
(a) The local shop
(b) The Sunday School
(d) The library
5. What part of the body does Bazarov shoot Pavel?
(a) In the groin
(b) In the buttocks
(c) In the leg
(d) In the arm
6. What does Bazarov do to try and win the affections of Fenitchka?
(a) Give her money
(b) Tend to her child
(c) Write her poems
(d) Cook her dinner
7. What kind of man has Anna married?
(a) A family man
(b) A man with good connections
(c) A man of music and soul
(d) A man of influence and wealth
8. What does Arkady do after his marriage to Katya?
(a) Become a doctor
(b) Move to St. Petersburg
(c) Help his father on the farm
(d) Become a psychologist
9. What kind of nature does the author say the flowers tells us of?
10. Where would turning left take the two young men?
(a) St. Petersburg
(b) To Anna and Katya
(c) A bordello
(d) To the farm
11. Who is playing the violin?
12. How long has it been since Arina and Vassily have seen their son?
(a) Three years
(b) Eight years
(c) Five years
(d) Six months
13. What does Bazarov's grave sit between?
(a) Two crosses
(b) Moscow and St. Petersburg
(c) Two elm trees
(d) Two oak trees
14. What illness does the man who visits Bazarov have?
15. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
(a) He tries to resusitate the man
(b) He cuts himself
(c) He uses the man's tooth brush
(d) He touches the man with his naked skin
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bazarov apologize to Anna about?
2. What does Vassily feel his son his destined for?
3. Where does Anna summon Bazarov?
4. What does Bazarov accuse Arkady of being when he states his wishes for his father to marry Fenitchka?
5. Whose door does Pavel knock on when he returns to the house?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)