|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say flowers peep serenely at us with?
(a) Wise eyes
(b) All seeing eyes
(c) Innocent eyes
(d) Dead eyes
2. What does Anna say Bazarov's feelings towards Katya are?
3. How does Arina react to seeing her son again?
(a) She makes his favorite sandwich
(b) She runs back into the house
(c) She weeps
(d) She hits him
4. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
(a) She will get angry
(b) It will break her heart
(c) She won't care
(d) She will fuss
5. What does Bazarov tell Arkady about?
(a) His love for Anna
(b) The duel
(c) His experiments
(d) His kiss with Fenitchka
6. Who occasionally addresses the reader?
(c) The author
7. What time in the morning does the duel take place?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 7.30 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
8. What does Bazarov do while Arkady is away from the farm?
(a) Conducts experiments
(b) Lies in the sun
(c) Argues with Pavel
9. What do Bazarov and Arkady have a heated discussion about later that afternoon?
(a) How to make porridge
(b) The nature of human beings
10. What does Arkady think that Bazarov has come to tell him?
(a) Bad news from home
(b) Bazarov is in love with Katya
(c) They have to go back to university
(d) Their friendship is over
11. What has Arkady requested in his letter to Anna?
(a) To marry Anna
(b) To marry Katya
(c) To live at Nikolskoe
(d) For Katya to live with him
12. Who does Anna send for after her meeting with Bazarov?
13. Who has the final word in the story?
(d) The author
14. Where do Bazarov and Arkady meet Fenitchka in this section?
(a) In an arbor
(b) In the drawing room
(c) In the woods
(d) Next to the fountain
15. What does Bazarov apologize to Anna about?
(a) His appearance
(b) His declarations of love
(c) That he has to leave soon
(d) His mood
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bazarov decide to go at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Arkady do immediately after telling Kaya he puts her above anyone else?
3. Who does Vassily now serve as doctor?
4. How long do Arkady and Bazarov stay at Nikolskoe?
5. What does Arkady insist that Katya has more of than her sister Anna?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)