|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vassily decide not to tell his wife that their son is leaving?
(a) She will fuss
(b) She will get angry
(c) It will break her heart
(d) She won't care
2. What does Pavel ask to borrow from Fenitchka?
(b) Green tea
3. Who occasionally addresses the reader?
(b) The author
4. What does Bazarov have to perform on the man?
(a) A massage
(b) An autopsy
(c) An operation
(d) Mouth to mouth resusitation
5. Why won't Katya come out of her room?
(a) She is crying
(b) She is ill
(c) She is not wearing her make up
(d) She is with a man
6. Which character in the book says "such women are not common nowadays."
(b) The author
7. Who witnesses the kiss between Bazarov and Fenitchka?
8. What does Bazarov's grave sit between?
(a) Two elm trees
(b) Two oak trees
(c) Two crosses
(d) Moscow and St. Petersburg
9. How does Bazarov contract typhus?
(a) He tries to resusitate the man
(b) He cuts himself
(c) He uses the man's tooth brush
(d) He touches the man with his naked skin
10. Who does the servant say has arrived to see Arkady?
11. Where has Pavel relocated to?
12. What is Vasily's profession?
(c) Construction worker
13. What does Bazarov do while Arkady is away from the farm?
(a) Conducts experiments
(b) Argues with Pavel
(c) Lies in the sun
14. What does Arkady discover that his father has?
(a) An ancient book of medicine
(b) Letters from Katya's mother
(c) A deadly illness
15. Where does Arkady say he is going when he leaves to visit Katya?
(a) The Sunday School
(b) The library
(c) The local shop
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nikolai meet Fenitchka's mother?
2. Who are Katya's mother's letters addressed to?
3. How does Arina react to seeing her son again?
4. Who is the guest at dinner?
5. Whose voices do Arkady and Katya hear as they sit in the garden?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)