|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bazarov's opinion on the aristocracy?
(a) They are out of date
(b) They are cultured
(c) They are unnecessary
(d) They are communists
2. Until what age did Nikolai receive home schooling?
3. What kind of alcohol do Arkady and Bazarov drink at Kukshin's house?
4. What kind of boy does Arkady say his father was?
5. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
6. What puts Bazarov off Anna?
(a) Her sophistication
(b) Her looks
(c) Her height
(d) Her laugh
7. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
8. What is the only thing that Arkady says Bazarov cares for?
(a) His mother
9. What does Nikolai wonder how Arkady and Bazorov could reject?
(a) The countryside
(c) The aristocracy
10. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
(a) To a hotel
(b) To Nikolai's farm
(c) To Moscow
(d) To a hospital
11. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
(b) The ridicule of his beliefs
(d) The farm
12. Who does Nikolai say would frown on his relationship with Fenitchka?
(a) The law
(b) His parents
(c) High society
(d) Severe moralists
13. Who does Arkady say changed Pavel's life?
(b) A Indian guru
(c) A Russian princess
(d) A science teacher
14. Which character can play the piano?
15. How many more nights does Bazarov want to stay at Anna's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
2. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
3. Where is Nikolai waiting?
4. Who is the farm named after?
5. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)