|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose honor is the ball being held?
(b) The British primeminister
(c) A Russian prince
2. Which character is smitten with Anna?
3. Who does Bazarov make fun of after dinner?
4. What did Pavel love as a young man?
5. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
(a) Themselves and the younger generation
(b) The farm and the city
(c) Good and evil
(d) Life and death
6. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) A bedroom
(b) The loss of a woman
(c) The loss of their wealth
(d) The same big nose
7. Who is the first awake in the morning?
8. Where does Anna ask Bazarov to accompany her the next morning?
(a) The library
(b) Her room
(c) Her garden
(d) The drawing room
9. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
10. What does Pavel say will happen if people discard things like the aristocracy?
(a) They will be rich
(b) They will live outside of human nature
(c) They will destroy themselves
(d) There will be anarchy
11. Where do Arkady and Bazarov leave for the next morning?
(a) Nikolai's farm
(b) Bazarov's parents house
(c) St. Petersburg
12. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
13. What does Bazorov admit to Anna?
(a) He is in love with Arkady
(b) He is not a real doctor
(c) He is in love with her
(d) His father is a serf
14. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
(a) Kiss and make up
(d) Find understanding
15. Where will Bazarov go from Arkady's cousin's house?
(b) His brother's house
(c) His parents house
(d) St. Petersburg
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
2. Who is the farm named after?
3. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
4. What woman do the two young men meet at the ball?
5. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)