|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkady say Pavel was a victim of?
(c) Unrequited love
2. What does Bazorov admit to Anna?
(a) He is in love with her
(b) He is in love with Arkady
(c) His father is a serf
(d) He is not a real doctor
3. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
(a) To Nikolai's farm
(b) To Moscow
(c) To a hotel
(d) To a hospital
4. Which character is near to tears in this chapter?
5. Who is the farm named after?
(b) Nikolai's mother
(c) Nikolai's wife
(d) Nikolai's daughter
6. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
7. What decade in the 19th century is the novel set?
8. What has Anna promised to educate Bazorov on?
9. Who does Nikolai meet whilst out on his walk?
10. What is Bazarov's opinion of Nikolai?
(a) He is behind the times
(b) He is a loving and generous man
(c) He is lazy and good for nothing
(d) He is a bad father
11. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
(a) A chemistry set
(b) A frog
(c) A note
12. What is the name of the main protagonist?
13. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) The loss of a woman
(b) The same big nose
(c) The loss of their wealth
(d) A bedroom
14. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
(a) The kremlin
15. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
(a) The ridicule of his beliefs
(c) The farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nikolai's son?
2. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
3. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
4. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
5. What does Arkady say that people have no right to yield to?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)