|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Arkady and Bazarov decide to leave Kukshin's house?
(a) They want something to eat
(b) They need sleep
(c) She is boring
(d) They have to meet Kolyazin
2. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
(a) The farm and the city
(b) Life and death
(c) Good and evil
(d) Themselves and the younger generation
3. What is Pavel's opinion on the aristocracy?
(a) They are unneccessary
(b) They are out of date
(c) They are noble and cultured
(d) They are sweet and humorous
4. Why does Bazarov want frogs?
(a) To torture
(b) To make a soup
(c) To practice his medical skills
(d) To train as a pet
5. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
6. What does Bazarov ask the two young boys for?
(a) A knife
7. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
8. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
(a) His opinion of aristocrats
(b) His opinion on human nature
(c) His opinion on medicine
(d) His opinion on politics
9. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
10. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
11. Where does Anna invite the two young men?
12. Where does Nikolai offer to put Fenitchka during his son's stay?
(a) The drawing room
(b) The cow shed
(c) Another bedroom
(d) The kitchen
13. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
(a) A chemistry set
(b) A frog
(d) A note
14. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
(a) If she wants to meet his parents
(b) If he must leave immediately
(c) If she loves Arkady
(d) If she will marry him
15. What did Pavel love as a young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
2. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
3. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
4. What does Nikolai wonder how Arkady and Bazorov could reject?
5. What does Pavel say he can endure no longer?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)