|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Arkady and Bazarov agree to meet Anna the next day?
(a) A cafe
(b) A restaurant
(c) Her apartment
(d) Her hotel
2. What does Arkady call the man the princess was married to?
(d) A fascist
3. Which character can play the piano?
4. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
(b) Find understanding
(c) Kiss and make up
5. How many more nights does Bazarov want to stay at Anna's house?
6. Where is Nikolai waiting?
(a) The postal station
(b) The car park
(c) The train station
(d) The airport
7. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is too quiet
(b) She agrees with everything
(c) She seems dark and petulant
(d) She is not good looking
8. What woman do the two young men meet at the ball?
9. What decade in the 19th century is the novel set?
10. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
(a) A capitialist
(b) A fascist
(c) A nihilist
(d) A communist
11. What did Pavel love as a young man?
12. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
(a) 15 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 20 miles
(d) 12 miles
13. What kind of property does Nikolai own?
(a) A farm
(b) A boarding house
(c) A hotel
(d) A manor house
14. Who has Arkady brought with him?
15. What was Nikolai's father's ranking in the army?
(c) Field Marshall
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
2. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
3. What is the name of Nikolai's son?
4. What is the name of Anna's neighbor?
5. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)