|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
(a) Kiss and make up
(c) Find understanding
2. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
(b) Arkady and Bazarov
(c) The aristocracy
3. What did Pavel love as a young man?
4. What is the name of Nikolai's son?
5. Where is Nikolai waiting?
(a) The car park
(b) The postal station
(c) The train station
(d) The airport
6. What does Nikolai wonder how Arkady and Bazorov could reject?
(c) The countryside
(d) The aristocracy
7. Where does Nikolai offer to put Fenitchka during his son's stay?
(a) The drawing room
(b) Another bedroom
(c) The cow shed
(d) The kitchen
8. Who does Bazarov make fun of after dinner?
9. How long has Pavel been living on the farm?
(a) 2 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 6 months
(d) 10 years
10. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
(a) A nihilist
(b) A fascist
(c) A capitialist
(d) A communist
11. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
12. What is Bazarov's opinion of Nikolai?
(a) He is a loving and generous man
(b) He is lazy and good for nothing
(c) He is behind the times
(d) He is a bad father
13. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
14. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is not good looking
(b) She agrees with everything
(c) She seems dark and petulant
(d) She is too quiet
15. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
(a) They will be married
(b) They will never meet again
(c) She is in love with him
(d) They will meet again
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikolai do after dinner?
2. What has Anna promised to educate Bazorov on?
3. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
4. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
5. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)