|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna declare when Bazarov tells her he is leaving?
(a) They will meet again
(b) She is in love with him
(c) They will be married
(d) They will never meet again
2. Which character is near to tears in this chapter?
3. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
(a) For pleasure
(b) To prove Pavel wrong
(c) To build a new Russia
(d) To become an important person
4. Where is Nikolai waiting?
(a) The car park
(b) The airport
(c) The postal station
(d) The train station
5. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
(a) The fireman's ball
(b) The governor's ball
(c) A restaurant
(d) His friends house
6. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is too quiet
(b) She agrees with everything
(c) She seems dark and petulant
(d) She is not good looking
7. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) The loss of their wealth
(b) The same big nose
(c) A bedroom
(d) The loss of a woman
8. What is the name of the main protagonist?
9. Who have Arkady and Bazarov received an invitation from?
(a) Arkady's cousin
(b) A Russian princess
(c) Their university professor
(d) Arkady's uncle
10. What kind of alcohol do Arkady and Bazarov drink at Kukshin's house?
11. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
(a) His friends house
(b) A bordello
(c) A car show
(d) A cafe
12. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
13. How does Platonitch amuse the ladies?
(a) With card games
(b) With silly dances
(c) With puppet shows
(d) With dinner parties
14. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
(a) Aristocracy, progress, principles and liberalism
(b) Family, working class, principles and progress
(c) Communism, progress, human nature and women
(d) Liberalism, love, famiy and aristocracy
15. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
(a) The aristocracy
(b) Arkady and Bazarov
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pavel love as a young man?
2. How long has Pavel been living on the farm?
3. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
4. What happened to the princess?
5. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)