|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose honor is the ball being held?
(a) The British primeminister
(b) A Russian prince
2. Which character is smitten with Anna?
3. What happened to the princess?
(a) She lost all of her wealth
(b) She became a queen
(c) She died
(d) She married
4. What does Arkady say Pavel was a victim of?
(d) Unrequited love
5. Who in the household find a friend in Bazorov?
(d) The servants
6. What did Pavel love as a young man?
7. Where does Anna invite the two young men?
8. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
(a) A frog
(c) A note
(d) A chemistry set
9. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
(a) To a hospital
(b) To Nikolai's farm
(c) To a hotel
(d) To Moscow
10. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
(a) If she wants to meet his parents
(b) If she loves Arkady
(c) If he must leave immediately
(d) If she will marry him
11. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
(a) Like a serf
(b) Like an animal
(c) Like a noble
(d) Like a businessman
12. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
(a) His opinion on human nature
(b) His opinion of aristocrats
(c) His opinion on politics
(d) His opinion on medicine
13. Which character can play the piano?
14. How long has Pavel been living on the farm?
(a) 10 years
(b) 6 months
(c) 5 years
(d) 2 years
15. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
(a) His friends house
(b) A restaurant
(c) The fireman's ball
(d) The governor's ball
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first awake in the morning?
2. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
3. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
4. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
5. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)