|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
(a) To a hospital
(b) To Nikolai's farm
(c) To a hotel
(d) To Moscow
2. Which character is near to tears in this chapter?
3. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
(d) The kremlin
4. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
5. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
(b) The aristocracy
(c) Arkady and Bazarov
6. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
(a) Because its wrong
(b) Because of its philosophical nature
(c) Because Arkady should be supporting him
(d) Because it lacks free thinking
7. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is too quiet
(b) She is not good looking
(c) She agrees with everything
(d) She seems dark and petulant
8. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
9. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
10. Which character is smitten with Anna?
11. Where will Bazarov go from Arkady's cousin's house?
(a) His parents house
(b) St. Petersburg
(d) His brother's house
12. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) The loss of a woman
(b) The loss of their wealth
(c) The same big nose
(d) A bedroom
13. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
(a) A cafe
(b) A bordello
(c) His friends house
(d) A car show
14. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
(a) His opinion on medicine
(b) His opinion on politics
(c) His opinion on human nature
(d) His opinion of aristocrats
15. Where does Anna ask Bazarov to accompany her the next morning?
(a) Her room
(b) Her garden
(c) The library
(d) The drawing room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bazorov admit to Anna?
2. What has Anna promised to educate Bazorov on?
3. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
4. What is the name of the young woman living with Nikolai?
5. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)