|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Arkady and Bazarov leave for the next morning?
(a) Bazarov's parents house
(b) St. Petersburg
(c) Nikolai's farm
2. What happened to the princess?
(a) She lost all of her wealth
(b) She married
(c) She died
(d) She became a queen
3. What is the name of the young woman living with Nikolai?
4. In whose honor is the ball being held?
(b) A Russian prince
(d) The British primeminister
5. Where does Anna ask Bazarov to accompany her the next morning?
(a) Her garden
(b) The drawing room
(c) Her room
(d) The library
6. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
7. What is Bazarov's opinion of Nikolai?
(a) He is behind the times
(b) He is a bad father
(c) He is lazy and good for nothing
(d) He is a loving and generous man
8. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
(a) His friends house
(b) A restaurant
(c) The fireman's ball
(d) The governor's ball
9. What does Nikolai do after dinner?
(a) Smokes a cigar
(b) Plays cards
(d) Walks around the farm
10. Who does Nikolai say would frown on his relationship with Fenitchka?
(a) The law
(b) His parents
(c) Severe moralists
(d) High society
11. Which character is smitten with Anna?
12. What is the name of the main protagonist?
13. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
(a) A cafe
(b) His friends house
(c) A car show
(d) A bordello
14. What is Bazarov's opinion on the aristocracy?
(a) They are out of date
(b) They are unnecessary
(c) They are cultured
(d) They are communists
15. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is too quiet
(b) She seems dark and petulant
(c) She is not good looking
(d) She agrees with everything
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
2. Who does Arkady say changed Pavel's life?
3. What does Bazarov ask the two young boys for?
4. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
5. What puts Bazarov off Anna?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)