|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
(a) Because of its philosophical nature
(b) Because its wrong
(c) Because Arkady should be supporting him
(d) Because it lacks free thinking
2. Where is Nikolai waiting?
(a) The car park
(b) The airport
(c) The postal station
(d) The train station
3. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
(a) A cafe
(b) His friends house
(c) A car show
(d) A bordello
4. How many more nights does Bazarov want to stay at Anna's house?
5. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
(a) His friends house
(b) The fireman's ball
(c) A restaurant
(d) The governor's ball
6. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
(a) Like a businessman
(b) Like a noble
(c) Like an animal
(d) Like a serf
7. In whose honor is the ball being held?
(b) The British primeminister
(d) A Russian prince
8. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) The loss of their wealth
(b) The same big nose
(c) The loss of a woman
(d) A bedroom
9. What kind of boy does Arkady say his father was?
10. What does Arkady say that people have no right to yield to?
(d) Personal egoism
11. What kind of alcohol do Arkady and Bazarov drink at Kukshin's house?
12. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
(a) His opinion on medicine
(b) His opinion on human nature
(c) His opinion of aristocrats
(d) His opinion on politics
13. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
(a) He becomes silent
(b) He argues with her
(c) He kisses her
(d) He leaves her room
14. Why does Bazarov want frogs?
(a) To torture
(b) To practice his medical skills
(c) To train as a pet
(d) To make a soup
15. What is the name of the main protagonist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Anna's neighbor?
2. Who in the household find a friend in Bazorov?
3. Which character is smitten with Anna?
4. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
5. Who overhears Bazarov lecturing Arkady on old ways of thinking?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)