|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
(a) If she loves Arkady
(b) If he must leave immediately
(c) If she will marry him
(d) If she wants to meet his parents
2. In whose honor is the ball being held?
(a) A Russian prince
(b) The British primeminister
3. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
4. How does Platonitch amuse the ladies?
(a) With dinner parties
(b) With silly dances
(c) With puppet shows
(d) With card games
5. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
(a) For pleasure
(b) To build a new Russia
(c) To prove Pavel wrong
(d) To become an important person
6. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
(a) 12 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 15 miles
(d) 20 miles
7. Why does Bazarov want frogs?
(a) To practice his medical skills
(b) To torture
(c) To make a soup
(d) To train as a pet
8. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
9. What does Nikolai do after dinner?
(a) Plays cards
(c) Walks around the farm
(d) Smokes a cigar
10. What does Arkady say that people have no right to yield to?
(d) Personal egoism
11. What does Bazarov call for the destruction of?
(a) The government
(b) The aristcracy
(d) All policies and principles
12. What is Pavel's opinion on the aristocracy?
(a) They are noble and cultured
(b) They are sweet and humorous
(c) They are unneccessary
(d) They are out of date
13. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is not good looking
(b) She agrees with everything
(c) She is too quiet
(d) She seems dark and petulant
14. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
15. What decade in the 19th century is the novel set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nikolai meet whilst out on his walk?
2. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
3. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
4. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
5. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)