|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
(a) A frog
(c) A note
(d) A chemistry set
2. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
3. What does Bazorov say the new Russia will be?
(a) More open
(c) More democratic
4. Which character can play the piano?
5. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
(a) To build a new Russia
(b) For pleasure
(c) To become an important person
(d) To prove Pavel wrong
6. Where does Anna invite the two young men?
7. In whose honor is the ball being held?
(b) A Russian prince
(d) The British primeminister
8. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
(a) Themselves and the younger generation
(b) Life and death
(c) Good and evil
(d) The farm and the city
9. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
(a) To a hospital
(b) To a hotel
(c) To Nikolai's farm
(d) To Moscow
10. Where do Arkady and Bazarov leave for the next morning?
(b) Bazarov's parents house
(c) St. Petersburg
(d) Nikolai's farm
11. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He becomes silent
(c) He leaves her room
(d) He argues with her
12. What does Arkady call the man the princess was married to?
(c) A fascist
13. What does Bazarov call for the destruction of?
(a) All policies and principles
(b) The aristcracy
(c) The government
14. Who does Nikolai say would frown on his relationship with Fenitchka?
(a) His parents
(b) High society
(c) Severe moralists
(d) The law
15. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) A bedroom
(b) The loss of their wealth
(c) The loss of a woman
(d) The same big nose
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pavel say will happen if people discard things like the aristocracy?
2. Who have Arkady and Bazarov received an invitation from?
3. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
4. Which character is near to tears in this chapter?
5. In what city does Arkady attend university?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)