|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bazarov's opinion on the aristocracy?
(a) They are communists
(b) They are unnecessary
(c) They are cultured
(d) They are out of date
2. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
(a) Family, working class, principles and progress
(b) Aristocracy, progress, principles and liberalism
(c) Communism, progress, human nature and women
(d) Liberalism, love, famiy and aristocracy
3. Where is Nikolai waiting?
(a) The train station
(b) The car park
(c) The postal station
(d) The airport
4. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
(a) The farm and the city
(b) Themselves and the younger generation
(c) Good and evil
(d) Life and death
5. What has Anna promised to educate Bazorov on?
6. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
(a) 20 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 15 miles
(d) 12 miles
7. What does Bazarov send Anna in this chapter?
(a) A note
(b) A chemistry set
(d) A frog
8. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
(b) The aristocracy
(c) Arkady and Bazarov
9. Why do Arkady and Bazarov decide to leave Kukshin's house?
(a) She is boring
(b) They have to meet Kolyazin
(c) They need sleep
(d) They want something to eat
10. What is the name of Anna's neighbor?
11. Where does Anna ask Bazarov to accompany her the next morning?
(a) The drawing room
(b) Her room
(c) Her garden
(d) The library
12. What does Pavel challenge Bazarov on?
(a) His opinion on human nature
(b) His opinion on medicine
(c) His opinion on politics
(d) His opinion of aristocrats
13. What was Nikolai's father's ranking in the army?
(d) Field Marshall
14. Which character can play the piano?
15. Who in the household find a friend in Bazorov?
(b) The servants
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bazarov tell Anna he will be leaving?
2. What is Bazarov's opinion of Nikolai?
3. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
4. What do Arkady and Bazarov leave dinner to do?
5. What does Pavel say will happen if people discard things like the aristocracy?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)