|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
(a) The kremlin
2. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
3. What does Arkady call the man the princess was married to?
(d) A fascist
4. What has Anna promised to educate Bazorov on?
5. Where do Arkady and Bazarov leave for the next morning?
(a) St. Petersburg
(c) Nikolai's farm
(d) Bazarov's parents house
6. Which character is near to tears in this chapter?
7. What is the name of Anna sister?
8. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
(a) A communist
(b) A capitialist
(c) A nihilist
(d) A fascist
9. When does Bazarov tell Anna he will be leaving?
(a) Next week
(b) In a month's time
(c) In two hours
(d) Tomorrow morning
10. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is too quiet
(b) She is not good looking
(c) She seems dark and petulant
(d) She agrees with everything
11. Where do Arkady and Bazarov agree to meet Anna the next day?
(a) Her hotel
(b) Her apartment
(c) A cafe
(d) A restaurant
12. Who does Nikolai say would frown on his relationship with Fenitchka?
(a) His parents
(b) Severe moralists
(c) High society
(d) The law
13. Why does Bazarov want frogs?
(a) To practice his medical skills
(b) To train as a pet
(c) To make a soup
(d) To torture
14. What does Pavel say will happen if people discard things like the aristocracy?
(a) There will be anarchy
(b) They will live outside of human nature
(c) They will destroy themselves
(d) They will be rich
15. Where does Kolyazin invite the two young men to?
(a) The fireman's ball
(b) His friends house
(c) A restaurant
(d) The governor's ball
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
2. Where does Anna invite the two young men?
3. What is Bazarov's opinion on the aristocracy?
4. What kind of boy does Arkady say his father was?
5. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)