|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arkady not like Katya?
(a) She is too quiet
(b) She is not good looking
(c) She agrees with everything
(d) She seems dark and petulant
2. Who in the household find a friend in Bazorov?
(b) The servants
3. Where will Bazarov go from Arkady's cousin's house?
(b) His parents house
(c) His brother's house
(d) St. Petersburg
4. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
(a) Because Arkady should be supporting him
(b) Because its wrong
(c) Because it lacks free thinking
(d) Because of its philosophical nature
5. What do Pavel and Nikolai share?
(a) A bedroom
(b) The same big nose
(c) The loss of a woman
(d) The loss of their wealth
6. What is the name of Nikolai's farm?
(d) The kremlin
7. How many more nights does Bazarov want to stay at Anna's house?
8. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
9. What do Pavel and Nikolai agree a distance between?
(a) The farm and the city
(b) Life and death
(c) Themselves and the younger generation
(d) Good and evil
10. What does Nikolai say people should do instead of destroy?
(a) Find understanding
(d) Kiss and make up
11. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
12. Who does Bazarov make fun of after dinner?
13. What is Bazarov's opinion of Nikolai?
(a) He is behind the times
(b) He is a bad father
(c) He is a loving and generous man
(d) He is lazy and good for nothing
14. What does Bazorov admit to Anna?
(a) He is not a real doctor
(b) His father is a serf
(c) He is in love with her
(d) He is in love with Arkady
15. What is the name of Arkady's cousin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
2. Which character can play the piano?
3. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
4. What do Arkady and Bazarov leave dinner to do?
5. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)