|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bazarov want to destroy all policies and principles?
(a) To prove Pavel wrong
(b) To build a new Russia
(c) For pleasure
(d) To become an important person
2. Who does Bazarov spend time with?
3. What country did Pavel go to when his affair with the princess was over?
4. How many more nights does Bazarov want to stay at Anna's house?
5. What is the name of Nikolai's son?
6. Which character supports Pavel's argument?
7. Which character is smitten with Anna?
8. What impresses Bazarov about Anna?
(a) She runs her household well
(b) She is well read
(c) She is good at cards
(d) She understands politics
9. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
10. What is the name of the main protagonist?
11. Where does Victor invite the two young men?
(a) A cafe
(b) His friends house
(c) A bordello
(d) A car show
12. Which character can play the piano?
13. What does Nikolai wonder how Arkady and Bazorov could reject?
(b) The aristocracy
(d) The countryside
14. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He becomes silent
(c) He argues with her
(d) He leaves her room
15. What do Arkady and Bazarov leave dinner to do?
(b) Go for a walk
(c) Dissect frogs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Arkady and Bazarov meet outside Kolyazin's office?
2. Where Pavel move to when he heard of the princess's death?
3. How long has Pavel been living on the farm?
4. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
5. Why does Bazarov want frogs?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)