|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Pavel not make suggestions about how to run the farm?
(a) He does not like the farm
(b) It will cost him money
(c) His brother has to sort out his own problems
(d) He is not trained in such matters
2. What does Arkady call the man the princess was married to?
(c) A fascist
3. Which character in the book says "such women are not common nowadays."
(b) The author
4. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
(a) Liberalism, love, famiy and aristocracy
(b) Aristocracy, progress, principles and liberalism
(c) Family, working class, principles and progress
(d) Communism, progress, human nature and women
5. What does Bazarov ask Anna in his note?
(a) If she loves Arkady
(b) If she will marry him
(c) If he must leave immediately
(d) If she wants to meet his parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Who occasionally addresses the reader?
2. What does Bazarov comment on during their walk around the farm?
3. What woman do the two young men meet at the ball?
4. How does Bazarov respond to Anna'a flirtations?
5. Where do Bazarov and Arkady meet Fenitchka in this section?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)