|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nikolai say would frown on his relationship with Fenitchka?
(a) Severe moralists
(b) The law
(c) High society
(d) His parents
2. Where does Nikolai offer to put Fenitchka during his son's stay?
(a) The kitchen
(b) Another bedroom
(c) The drawing room
(d) The cow shed
3. How does the author say that Pavel conducts himself?
(a) Like a businessman
(b) Like a serf
(c) Like a noble
(d) Like an animal
4. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
(a) Family, working class, principles and progress
(b) Aristocracy, progress, principles and liberalism
(c) Liberalism, love, famiy and aristocracy
(d) Communism, progress, human nature and women
5. Who in the household find a friend in Bazorov?
(a) The servants
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Arkady brought with him?
2. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
3. Who overhears Bazarov lecturing Arkady on old ways of thinking?
4. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
5. Where is Nikolai waiting?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)