|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What four things does Pavel say that Bazarov derides?
(a) Communism, progress, human nature and women
(b) Liberalism, love, famiy and aristocracy
(c) Aristocracy, progress, principles and liberalism
(d) Family, working class, principles and progress
2. Why does Arkady's comment infuriate Pavel?
(a) Because it lacks free thinking
(b) Because of its philosophical nature
(c) Because Arkady should be supporting him
(d) Because its wrong
3. What does Bazarov ask the two young boys for?
(d) A knife
4. What do Pavel and Nikolai talk about when the young men leave the dinner table?
(a) Arkady and Bazarov
(d) The aristocracy
5. What does Arkady say that people have no right to yield to?
(b) Personal egoism
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bazarov call for the destruction of?
2. What does Arkady tell Pavel that Bazarov is?
3. What is the name of the young woman living with Nikolai?
4. Until what age did Nikolai receive home schooling?
5. What is Bazarov's opinion on the aristocracy?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)