Chapters 1, 2 and 3
1. What decade in the 19th century is the novel set?
2. What is the name of the main protagonist?
3. What is the name of Nikolai's son?
4. Where is Nikolai waiting?
(a) The postal station
(b) The airport
(c) The train station
(d) The car park
5. How far from the postal station is Nikolai's home?
(a) 15 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 12 miles
(d) 20 miles
6. What was Nikolai's father's ranking in the army?
(c) Field Marshall
7. What is the name of Nikolai's brother?
8. Until what age did Nikolai receive home schooling?
9. What kind of property does Nikolai own?
(a) A boarding house
(b) A farm
(c) A hotel
(d) A manor house
10. In what city does Arkady attend university?
(a) St. Petersburg
11. What is the name of Nikolai's servant?
12. Who has Arkady brought with him?
This section contains 3,227 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)