Chapters 1, 2 and 3
• It is 1859 and Nikolai awaits the arrival of his son Arkady at the posting station.
• The narrator explains that Nikolai comes from a privileged background and graduated from the same University his son is at now.
• Nikolai married Prepolovensky soon after his parents died.
• Prepolovensky died ten years into their marriage, leaving Nikolai a son.
• Nikolai embraces his son at the station. Arkady has brought his friend Bazarov
• Nikolai explains to his son that times on the farm have been hard. The peasants refuse to pay their rent and have renamed the farm Poverty farm.
• Nikolai mentions he has a young girl living with him called Fenitchka.
Chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7
• Nikolai's brother, Pavel Petrovitch Kirsanov greets the young men and they sit down for supper.
• After supper, Bazorov makes fun of Pavel after, but Arkady is not impressed. He tells his friend another day he will tell...
This section contains 1,385 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)