Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the registrar's secret?
2. What does Xavier tell Nebe was in the deposit box?
3. What is on the walls of Xavier's cell?
4. How does Globus greet Xavier at the station?
5. Where did Charlie move after dropping out of school?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
The author wrote Fatherland in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
In 1994, a TV film of the book was made by HBO. What are the main differences between the novel and the film version? Why do you think the filmmakers adapted these points differently to the author? Do you think the film is effective in telling the story of Fatherland?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)