Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the registrar's secret?
2. What does Xavier tell Nebe was in the deposit box?
3. What is on the walls of Xavier's cell?
4. How does Globus greet Xavier at the station?
5. Where did Charlie move after dropping out of school?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns in his alternate history?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society? Would the story be as possible?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Fatherland with one of Harris' later modern historical novels Enigma and Archangel. How does his style develop? Does he change his viewpoint in any significant ways? How do you think his career as a journalist affected his novel writing?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)