|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for arranging Xavier's freedom?
2. What is on the walls of Xavier's cell?
3. What was the name of the Führer's armoured train?
4. Who's statue stands at Flughafen Hermann Goring?
5. Who was Luther intending to blackmail?
Short Essay Questions
1. State one way in which Xavier tries to block the pain of being tortured.
2. Why is Xavier complimentary of Globus on the phone?
3. What do Xavier and Charlie find in the deposit box?
4. What happens when after Luther appears?
5. Who does Xavier think of as he waits to leave Switzerland?
6. Why is Krebs shocked by Xavier's revelations?
7. How does Xavier try to justify parking in front of the Great Hall?
8. Why does Nebe consider Xavier an irony?
9. Why do you think Xavier chooses to visit Pili?
10. Why does Xavier not tell Nebe of the painting in Zurich?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Artur Nebe and Globus.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Xavier's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1. What did Xavier hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Xavier ideas about life?
3. How has Xavier's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)