|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accent does Luther speak with?
2. Why was Krebs picked to help Globus in the investigation?
3. Where did Charlie move after dropping out of school?
4. What is Klara's maiden name?
5. What does Xavier buy Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Xavier try to justify parking in front of the Great Hall?
2. What happens when Xavier boards the plane?
3. What is the arrangement for the deposit box at the Swiss bank?
4. What is Luther's plan?
5. Why do you think Xavier chooses to visit Pili?
6. How do Xavier, Charlie and Henry try to avoid being overheard?
7. How does Charlie intend to cross the border into Switzerland with the documents?
8. What do Xavier and Charlie discover in Luther's doctor's bag?
9. What happens when after Luther appears?
10. State one way in which Xavier tries to block the pain of being tortured.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fatherland is part of the thriller genre. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot? How does the alternate history affect the impact of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Harris develop his story to get to each turning point? Do you think that Harris successfully builds up the tension in the book to reach the final climax?
Essay Topic 3
What clues leads to March uncovering the government's crimes? How can March expose the government without risking his own life?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)