|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which department did Kritzinger work for?
2. On which side of the Zurich See have the bankers settled on?
3. What does Pili ask Xavier to read from?
4. What does Halder say is the historian's job to bring out of chaos?
5. Who was the painter of the work in the Zurich bank vault?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Xavier think of as he waits to leave Switzerland?
2. Why does Nebe allow Xavier to go to Switzerland?
3. Why do you think Xavier chooses to visit Pili?
4. Why is Krebs shocked by Xavier's revelations?
5. What is Luther's plan?
6. Why does Pili work with the Gestapo?
7. What is notable about the ransacked pile of items in Xavier's apartment?
8. What do Xavier and Charlie discover in Luther's doctor's bag?
9. What is the arrangement for the deposit box at the Swiss bank?
10. What do Xavier and Charlie find in the deposit box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Harris represent both American and German cultures in his novels? What way could these representations be called problematic?
Essay Topic 2
What clues leads to March uncovering the government's crimes? How can March expose the government without risking his own life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns in his alternate history?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society? Would the story be as possible?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)