|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the registrar's secret?
2. What is Globus carrying when he takes over the interrogation?
3. What colour is the bag Xavier takes from the airport?
4. Which hotel does Globus say Luther could afford to stay at?
5. Where are the archives of the General Government located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is notable about the ransacked pile of items in Xavier's apartment?
2. Why does Xavier not tell Nebe of the painting in Zurich?
3. How do Xavier, Charlie and Henry try to avoid being overheard?
4. What happens when after Luther appears?
5. Who does Xavier think of as he waits to leave Switzerland?
6. Why does Xavier's passport confuse the customs official?
7. What do Xavier and Charlie find in the deposit box?
8. Why is Krebs shocked by Xavier's revelations?
9. What do Xavier and Charlie discover in Luther's doctor's bag?
10. Why does Nebe allow Xavier to go to Switzerland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From your own knowledge of the Second World War, do you find Harris' storyline plausible? What are the potential faults in his alternate history? Are there any significant changes that you would make?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What clues leads to March uncovering the government's crimes? How can March expose the government without risking his own life?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)