|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Krebs picked to help Globus in the investigation?
2. What accent does Luther speak with?
3. What images does Xavier try to fill his mind with?
4. Where did Charlie move after dropping out of school?
5. What colour are the trams in Zurich?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Xavier's passport confuse the customs official?
2. Why does Xavier not tell Nebe of the painting in Zurich?
3. Why does Nebe consider Xavier an irony?
4. How does Xavier try to justify parking in front of the Great Hall?
5. What is Luther's plan?
6. How do Xavier, Charlie and Henry try to avoid being overheard?
7. Why is Krebs shocked by Xavier's revelations?
8. What happens when Xavier is transferred to Columbia House?
9. What happens when Xavier boards the plane?
10. How does Charlie intend to cross the border into Switzerland with the documents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What clues leads to March uncovering the government's crimes? How can March expose the government without risking his own life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Xavier's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1. What did Xavier hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Xavier ideas about life?
3. How has Xavier's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)