|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the registrar's secret?
2. What does Xavier tell Nebe was in the deposit box?
3. What is on the walls of Xavier's cell?
4. How does Globus greet Xavier at the station?
5. Where did Charlie move after dropping out of school?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Artur Nebe and Globus.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote Fatherland in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)