|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the painter of the work in the Zurich bank vault?
2. Where are the archives of the General Government located?
3. Why was Krebs picked to help Globus in the investigation?
4. What wars with servility in the custom man's face?
5. What does Krebs use as an interrogator's prop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the twist ending. Do you think Max Jaeger's betrayal was inevitable? Choose one scene in the book involving both Max and Xavier and discuss how the twist ending changes your perception of that scene.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Xavier's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1. What did Xavier hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Xavier ideas about life?
3. How has Xavier's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Fatherland with one of Harris' later modern historical novels Enigma and Archangel. How does his style develop? Does he change his viewpoint in any significant ways? How do you think his career as a journalist affected his novel writing?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)