Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the registrar's secret?
2. What does Xavier tell Nebe was in the deposit box?
3. What is on the walls of Xavier's cell?
4. How does Globus greet Xavier at the station?
5. Where did Charlie move after dropping out of school?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does the book's setting affect the meaning of the book? Do you think the story would be as effective in Stalin's Russia or Mussolini's Italy?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Fatherland with one of Harris' later modern historical novels Enigma and Archangel. How does his style develop? Does he change his viewpoint in any significant ways? How do you think his career as a journalist affected his novel writing?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)