|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Stuckart been the mayor of?
2. What colour is representing the current level of terrorist alert in the Kripo headquaters?
3. Why can Jaeger not escape?
4. Who does Xavier say Charlie talks like?
5. What smell do Xavier and the attendant try to cover with their cigarette smoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role in the art-smuggling ring did Stuckart play?
2. What did Charlie notice when she first visited Stuckart's apartment?
3. What is the Schwanenwerder?
4. What is inside the package Xavier takes from Buhler's mailbox?
5. Why has Stuckart's death been transferred to the sexual crimes division?
6. How had Germany achieved peace with the United States?
7. Why does Willi Stiefel agree to work with Max and Xavier?
8. What is the significance of President Kennedy's visit to Berlin?
9. What was Rudi Halder's professional career?
10. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From your own knowledge of the Second World War, do you find Harris' storyline plausible? What are the potential faults in his alternate history? Are there any significant changes that you would make?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
In 1994, a TV film of the book was made by HBO. What are the main differences between the novel and the film version? Why do you think the filmmakers adapted these points differently to the author? Do you think the film is effective in telling the story of Fatherland?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)