|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trees are at the heart of the Grunewald?
2. What colour is representing the current level of terrorist alert in the Kripo headquaters?
3. What does Xavier pull from the mailbox?
4. How does Pili hold his dagger on the bus?
5. Where had Stuckart been the mayor of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Xavier's uniform.
2. Why does Willi Stiefel agree to work with Max and Xavier?
3. Why is Xavier March known as 'the fox' instead of 'grey wolf'?
4. Why is Charlie already in trouble with the German authorities?
5. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
6. What is inside the package Xavier takes from Buhler's mailbox?
7. What is the hierarchy of cars used by the security forces of the Reich?
8. What did Charlie notice when she first visited Stuckart's apartment?
9. How was Stuckart and Maria Dymarski said to have died?
10. What happened to Paul Han and Magda Voss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
From your own knowledge of the Second World War, do you find Harris' storyline plausible? What are the potential faults in his alternate history? Are there any significant changes that you would make?
Essay Topic 3
How does Max's betrayal affect March? What suggestions were there earlier in the novel that Max would be a traitor?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)