|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
2. What position had Halder held in the U-boat service?
3. At what time of day are big announcements made?
4. What nationality was Globus?
5. Which department has Stuckart's file?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role in the art-smuggling ring did Stuckart play?
2. What is the Pimpf, and why is Pili proud to be a part of it?
3. What is the significance of President Kennedy's visit to Berlin?
4. What is the hierarchy of cars used by the security forces of the Reich?
5. Describe Xavier's office in the Kripo headquarters.
6. Why is Xavier March known as 'the fox' instead of 'grey wolf'?
7. What is the Schwanenwerder?
8. Why do you think Max is scared by the Gestapo involvement in Buhler's death?
9. What was Rudi Halder's professional career?
10. How are the Reich security forces organized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Harris develop his story to get to each turning point? Do you think that Harris successfully builds up the tension in the book to reach the final climax?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote Fatherland in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)