|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Xavier think the parcel was wrapped by a woman?
2. What drink does Xavier pour for himself?
3. Where does Xavier try to escape from?
4. What was the name of Buhler's wife?
5. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Xavier accuse Hermann Jost of being a homosexual?
2. How was Stuckart and Maria Dymarski said to have died?
3. What are the three possible solutions Xavier poses as solutions to Buhler's death?
4. Describe Xavier March's apartment.
5. What is the landlady's opinion of Charlotte Maguire?
6. What is the Schwanenwerder?
7. What is the significance of President Kennedy's visit to Berlin?
8. What reason for Buhler's suicide is given by Globus?
9. How are the Reich security forces organized?
10. What is the Pimpf, and why is Pili proud to be a part of it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Fatherland with one of Harris' later modern historical novels Enigma and Archangel. How does his style develop? Does he change his viewpoint in any significant ways? How do you think his career as a journalist affected his novel writing?
Essay Topic 2
From your own knowledge of the Second World War, do you find Harris' storyline plausible? What are the potential faults in his alternate history? Are there any significant changes that you would make?
Essay Topic 3
What clues leads to March uncovering the government's crimes? How can March expose the government without risking his own life?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)