|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colour is representing the current level of terrorist alert in the Kripo headquaters?
2. In Xavier's dream, whose face does he see on the corpse?
3. What was Buhler's main task as State Secretary?
4. What drink does Xavier pour for himself?
5. How was Buhler's death reported in the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Schwanenwerder?
2. What happened to Paul Han and Magda Voss?
3. What is inside the package Xavier takes from Buhler's mailbox?
4. What is the hierarchy of cars used by the security forces of the Reich?
5. How are the Reich security forces organized?
6. Why do you think Max is scared by the Gestapo involvement in Buhler's death?
7. Why does Xavier accuse Hermann Jost of being a homosexual?
8. How was Stuckart and Maria Dymarski said to have died?
9. What does Xavier learn from Frau Trinkl?
10. Why does Willi Stiefel agree to work with Max and Xavier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Artur Nebe and Globus.
1. What is their relationship to each other?
2. How are their ideas different?
3. How do their differences in opinion prove to be destructive?
Essay Topic 2
What clues leads to March uncovering the government's crimes? How can March expose the government without risking his own life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Xavier's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1. What did Xavier hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Xavier ideas about life?
3. How has Xavier's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)