|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been shot while Xavier was out by the Havel?
(a) A Gestapo official.
(b) A woman and child.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A newly married couple.
2. How does Pili hold his dagger on the bus?
(a) Like a crucifix.
(b) Like a torch.
(c) Like a sword.
(d) Like candy.
3. Why does Xavier think the parcel was wrapped by a woman?
(a) The perfumed paper.
(b) A trace of lipstick on the stamps.
(c) The neatness of the package.
(d) The style of handwriting.
4. What smell do Xavier and the attendant try to cover with their cigarette smoke?
5. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
6. How did Xavier's mother die?
(a) She was attacked.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) In childirth.
(d) In an air raid.
7. Which department has Stuckart's file?
(a) Foreign affairs.
(b) Sexual crimes.
(d) The Gestapo.
8. How did Buhler lose his foot?
(b) A landmine.
(c) Blood poisoning.
9. Who does Xavier say Charlie talks like?
(a) An actress.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A politician.
(d) A dissident.
10. What do the signs on the U-bahn say to do?
(a) Give money to the poor
(b) Go on holiday.
(c) Beware pickpockets.
(d) Become an informant.
11. What did the young SS officer believe the body to be when he first saw it?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A swan.
(c) A statue.
(d) A ghost.
12. Which composer is being played in the run-up to the announcement?
13. Which floor is Stuckart's apartment on?
(a) The fifth floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The ground floor.
14. Why can Jaeger not escape?
(a) He is an informant.
(b) He is too fat.
(c) He is too unfit.
(d) He has a limp.
15. What does Xavier smell outside Luther's house?
(a) Cut grass.
(b) Rotting fish.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Bonfire smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Buhler's death reported in the newspaper?
2. Why does Xavier struggle to find out the identity of the Weisses?
3. What limb is the corpse missing?
4. What weaponry lines the Avenue of Victory?
5. Who is Buhler's only surviving relative?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)