|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Xavier that evening?
(b) Max Jaeger.
(c) Hermann Jost.
2. What is on top of the piano in the drawing room?
(b) A vase of flowers.
(c) Two photographs.
(d) A carriage clock.
3. What does Xavier pull from the mailbox?
(a) A notice of eviction.
(b) A sheaf of letters.
(c) A brown package.
(d) A postcard.
4. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
(a) Community service.
5. What does Nebe describe Xavier as?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A rat.
(c) A degenerate.
(d) A willing martyr.
6. What was making the noise in the kitchen of Buhler's house?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A burglar.
(d) A dog.
7. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
(a) A scoutmaster.
(b) A drunkard.
(c) A priest.
(d) A politician.
8. What does Max Jaeger compare his drink to?
(c) Pig's piss.
(d) Cat's piss.
9. What was the name of Buhler's wife?
10. Who does Globus now work for?
(a) The Gestapo.
(b) The SA.
(c) The Orpo.
(d) The Kripo.
11. What does Xavier have for his picnic?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(b) Pickled herrings.
(c) Bread and ham.
(d) Roast beef.
12. Where was Hermann Jost born?
13. Who is the first person Xavier calls on discovering the identity of the body?
(a) Hermann Jost.
(c) Max Jaeger.
(d) Josef Buhler.
14. What is the Führer's favorite operetta?
(a) The Land of Smiles.
(b) Der Graf von Luxemburg.
(d) The Merry Widow.
15. What had Stiefel been arrested for previously?
(a) Insulting an officer.
(b) Car theft.
(c) A bank robbery.
(d) Breaking and entering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Jaeger not escape?
2. How does Pili hold his dagger on the bus?
3. What is the name of the man from the American embassy?
4. What had Buhler had for lunch the day he died?
5. Who had discovered the bodies of Stuckart and his mistress?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)