|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Jaeger to the SS?
(a) Police sirens.
(b) The doorbell ringing.
(c) An unmarked BMW.
(d) A phonecall.
2. In Xavier's dream, whose face does he see on the corpse?
3. Why did Buhler have no children?
(a) They died on the Eastern Front.
(b) He hated children.
(c) His wife was infertile.
(d) He was sterile.
4. What colour are the walls of the reception room where Frau Trinkl views the body?
(a) Dirty grey.
(b) Lime green.
5. What colour is representing the current level of terrorist alert in the Kripo headquaters?
6. What is Walther Fiebes drinking in his office?
(b) Orange juice.
7. At what time of day are big announcements made?
(a) During the lunch-hour.
(b) Late at night.
(c) The end of the working day.
(d) The beginning of the working day.
8. What does Krebs offer Xavier and Max?
9. How did Buhler lose his foot?
(b) A landmine.
(c) Blood poisoning.
10. Who does Heydrich enjoy beating, according to Kripo rumour?
(d) Young boys.
11. What is the name of the man from the American embassy?
12. How did Xavier's mother die?
(a) In an air raid.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) She was attacked.
(d) In childirth.
13. Where does Frau Luther say her husband is?
(b) Out shopping.
14. Where does Xavier try to escape from?
(a) The basement.
(b) The rooftops.
(c) A window.
(d) The back entrance.
15. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lake Wandlitz.
(c) Lake Havel.
(d) Tegler See.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xavier smell on Globus' breath?
2. What does Xavier have for his picnic?
3. Who had been shot while Xavier was out by the Havel?
4. What cars do the Kripo drive?
5. Which investigator was meant to be on duty the morning of April 14?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)