|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Xavier's dream, whose face does he see on the corpse?
2. What cars do the Kripo drive?
3. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
(a) A priest.
(b) A politician.
(c) A scoutmaster.
(d) A drunkard.
4. How many filing cabinets are in Xavier's office?
5. How does Pili hold his dagger on the bus?
(a) Like a torch.
(b) Like a sword.
(c) Like candy.
(d) Like a crucifix.
6. What weaponry lines the Avenue of Victory?
(a) Troop transports.
(b) Captured tanks.
(c) Captured artillery.
(d) Fighter planes.
7. What is on top of the piano in the drawing room?
(a) A carriage clock.
(b) A vase of flowers.
(d) Two photographs.
8. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lake Havel.
(b) Lake Wandlitz.
(d) Tegler See.
9. What is the official cause of Stuckart's death?
(a) A car accident.
(b) Heart attack.
10. What is the Führer's favorite operetta?
(a) The Land of Smiles.
(b) Der Graf von Luxemburg.
(c) The Merry Widow.
11. What is written in Buhler's diary on the day before he died?
(a) A phone number.
(b) His sister's birthday.
(c) A meeting with the police.
(d) A small cross.
12. Why did Buhler have no children?
(a) They died on the Eastern Front.
(b) He hated children.
(c) His wife was infertile.
(d) He was sterile.
13. What does Xavier pull from the mailbox?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A sheaf of letters.
(c) A notice of eviction.
(d) A brown package.
14. What had Charlie Maguire heard coming from the elevator shaft when she had visited Stuckart's apartment?
15. What does Max Jaeger compare his drink to?
(a) Pig's piss.
(c) Cat's piss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krebs offer Xavier and Max?
2. Which composer is being played in the run-up to the announcement?
3. What do the stairs of Xavier's apartment smell of?
4. Where had Charlie kept the blue envelope?
5. What does Xavier shave with?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)