|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official cause of Stuckart's death?
(b) A car accident.
(c) Heart attack.
2. What letter is written on the pennant of the Mercedes limousine?
3. What colour is the tunic of Xavier's uniform?
4. What does Xavier pull from the mailbox?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A brown package.
(c) A sheaf of letters.
(d) A notice of eviction.
5. Who is Buhler's only surviving relative?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
6. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
(a) A drunkard.
(b) A priest.
(c) A politician.
(d) A scoutmaster.
7. Who had been asking about Xavier at the Archiv?
(a) The Gestapo.
(b) The SS.
(c) The Kripe.
(d) The Orpo.
8. Where had Churchill fled to in 1944?
(b) South America.
9. What is the announcement concerning?
(a) A victory on the Eastern Front.
(b) The visit of the president of America.
(c) The death of a party official.
(d) The capture of a war-criminal.
10. What is inside the parcel?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(d) A letter-bomb.
11. What does Globus show Xavier and Max in the cellar?
(a) A secret room.
(b) A torture chamber.
(c) An escape passage.
(d) A safe.
12. Where had Stuckart been the mayor of?
13. Which floor is Stuckart's apartment on?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The fourth floor.
(c) The ground floor.
(d) The fifth floor.
14. What colour is representing the current level of terrorist alert in the Kripo headquaters?
15. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Lake Havel.
(c) Tegler See.
(d) Lake Wandlitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
2. What does Xavier find by the jetty?
3. Who does Xavier say Charlie talks like?
4. What nickname is Max Jaeger sometimes given?
5. What is the Führer's favorite operetta?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)