|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the colour of the envelope Xavier pocketed?
2. Where had Charlie kept the blue envelope?
(a) Close to her heart.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) In her pocket.
(d) In a drawer.
3. What is in the courtyard of Stuckart's apartment block?
(a) A garage.
(c) A memorial garden.
(d) Rubbish bins.
4. Who had discovered the bodies of Stuckart and his mistress?
(a) The building manager.
(b) A German journalist.
(c) An American journalist.
(d) A maid.
5. What alerts Jaeger to the SS?
(a) The doorbell ringing.
(b) An unmarked BMW.
(c) A phonecall.
(d) Police sirens.
6. Who had been shot while Xavier was out by the Havel?
(a) A newly married couple.
(b) A woman and child.
(c) A Gestapo official.
(d) A policeman.
7. What position had Halder held in the U-boat service?
(a) Firing officer.
(d) Wireless operator.
8. What had Buhler had for lunch the day he died?
9. Before '36, what lined the Unter den Linden?
(a) Lime trees.
(b) Stone columns.
(c) Shopping malls.
(d) Oak trees.
10. What smell do Xavier and the attendant try to cover with their cigarette smoke?
11. What cars do the Kripo drive?
12. What does Nebe describe Xavier as?
(a) A rat.
(b) A willing martyr.
(c) A degenerate.
(d) An idiot.
13. How was Buhler's death reported in the newspaper?
(b) Car accident.
(d) Bathing accident.
14. What colour are the walls of the reception room where Frau Trinkl views the body?
(a) Dirty grey.
(b) Lime green.
15. Where is Xavier's apartment?
(b) Ansbacher Strasse.
(d) Rhinower Strasse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the parcel been posted?
2. Where does Xavier believe the rain to be coming from?
3. What nationality was Globus?
4. Where does Xavier take his son out for the day?
5. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)