|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xavier have for his picnic?
(a) Bread and ham.
(b) Pickled herrings.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Roast beef.
2. What does Xavier pull from the mailbox?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A brown package.
(c) A sheaf of letters.
(d) A notice of eviction.
3. What is the announcement concerning?
(a) A victory on the Eastern Front.
(b) The capture of a war-criminal.
(c) The visit of the president of America.
(d) The death of a party official.
4. What date is the combination lock opened by?
(a) The Führer's birthday.
(b) Maria Dymarski's birthday.
(c) The Day of National Reawakening.
(d) Stuckart's birthday.
5. What was making the noise in the kitchen of Buhler's house?
(a) A cat.
(b) A burglar.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
6. Who had been asking about Xavier at the Archiv?
(a) The Orpo.
(b) The Gestapo.
(c) The SS.
(d) The Kripe.
7. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
(d) Community service.
8. Where does Xavier believe the rain to be coming from?
(a) The Alps.
(c) The Baltic.
9. Who is the first person Xavier calls on discovering the identity of the body?
(a) Hermann Jost.
(c) Josef Buhler.
(d) Max Jaeger.
10. What had Buhler had for lunch the day he died?
11. Who does Heydrich enjoy beating, according to Kripo rumour?
(b) Young boys.
12. Why does Xavier think the parcel was wrapped by a woman?
(a) A trace of lipstick on the stamps.
(b) The style of handwriting.
(c) The neatness of the package.
(d) The perfumed paper.
13. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
14. Who had been shot while Xavier was out by the Havel?
(a) A Gestapo official.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A newly married couple.
(d) A woman and child.
15. Before '36, what lined the Unter den Linden?
(a) Shopping malls.
(b) Stone columns.
(c) Oak trees.
(d) Lime trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hermann Jost born?
2. What does Globus show Xavier and Max in the cellar?
3. What does Luther suffer from?
4. What does Xavier smell on Globus' breath?
5. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)