|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
(d) Community service.
2. What was the colour of the envelope Xavier pocketed?
3. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Tegler See.
(b) Lake Wandlitz.
(d) Lake Havel.
4. Who calls Xavier that evening?
(c) Hermann Jost.
(d) Max Jaeger.
5. Which composer is being played in the run-up to the announcement?
6. What was the name of Buhler's wife?
7. Who had been shot while Xavier was out by the Havel?
(a) A Gestapo official.
(b) A woman and child.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A newly married couple.
8. What does Xavier pull from the mailbox?
(a) A notice of eviction.
(b) A sheaf of letters.
(c) A brown package.
(d) A postcard.
9. Where had the parcel been posted?
10. Why does Xavier struggle to find out the identity of the Weisses?
(a) They had fake names.
(b) They ran away.
(c) They were Jews.
(d) They did not exist.
11. What nationality was Globus?
12. What is Walther Fiebes drinking in his office?
(a) Orange juice.
13. What did the young SS officer believe the body to be when he first saw it?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A swan.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A statue.
14. What trees are at the heart of the Grunewald?
15. What does Xavier smell on Globus' breath?
(a) Cigar smoke.
(b) Garlic sausage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before '36, what lined the Unter den Linden?
2. What do the stairs of Xavier's apartment smell of?
3. What is written in Buhler's diary on the day before he died?
4. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
5. Why does Xavier think the parcel was wrapped by a woman?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)