|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colour is the tunic of Xavier's uniform?
2. What alerts Jaeger to the SS?
(a) An unmarked BMW.
(b) The doorbell ringing.
(c) Police sirens.
(d) A phonecall.
3. What had Buhler had for lunch the day he died?
4. What does Nebe describe Xavier as?
(a) A degenerate.
(b) A willing martyr.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A rat.
5. What is written in Buhler's diary on the day before he died?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A meeting with the police.
(c) His sister's birthday.
(d) A small cross.
6. What was Buhler's main task as State Secretary?
(b) Act as a figurehead.
(c) Welcoming foreign diplomats.
7. What was the colour of the envelope Xavier pocketed?
8. How did Xavier's mother die?
(a) In childirth.
(b) She was attacked.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) In an air raid.
9. What nationality was Globus?
10. What is Walther Fiebes drinking in his office?
(b) Orange juice.
11. Why does Xavier struggle to find out the identity of the Weisses?
(a) They ran away.
(b) They were Jews.
(c) They had fake names.
(d) They did not exist.
12. Where does Xavier take his son out for the day?
(a) To play footbal.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) A tour bus.
(d) To a museum.
13. What had Stiefel been arrested for previously?
(a) Car theft.
(b) A bank robbery.
(c) Breaking and entering.
(d) Insulting an officer.
14. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Tegler See.
(c) Lake Havel.
(d) Lake Wandlitz.
15. Where had Churchill fled to in 1944?
(c) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xavier find by the jetty?
2. Where was Hermann Jost born?
3. Where does Xavier try to escape from?
4. What does Luther suffer from?
5. Before '36, what lined the Unter den Linden?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)