|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Charlie kept the blue envelope?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) In a drawer.
(c) Close to her heart.
(d) In her pocket.
2. What is in the courtyard of Stuckart's apartment block?
(b) Rubbish bins.
(c) A garage.
(d) A memorial garden.
3. How did Buhler lose his foot?
(b) A landmine.
(c) Blood poisoning.
4. Which is the first room in Buhler's house that Xavier enters?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The pantry.
5. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
(a) A drunkard.
(b) A priest.
(c) A politician.
(d) A scoutmaster.
6. Who is the first person Xavier calls on discovering the identity of the body?
(a) Max Jaeger.
(b) Hermann Jost.
(d) Josef Buhler.
7. Which department has Stuckart's file?
(a) The Gestapo.
(b) Foreign affairs.
(c) Sexual crimes.
8. Where was Hermann Jost born?
9. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
(b) Community service.
10. What does Krebs offer Xavier and Max?
11. What trees are at the heart of the Grunewald?
12. What is on top of the piano in the drawing room?
(a) A vase of flowers.
(c) A carriage clock.
(d) Two photographs.
13. What is the Führer's favorite operetta?
(a) The Land of Smiles.
(c) The Merry Widow.
(d) Der Graf von Luxemburg.
14. What colour is the tunic of Xavier's uniform?
15. What does Xavier find by the jetty?
(a) A dead swan.
(b) A china doll.
(c) A dead body.
(d) An artificial foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the parcel?
2. Who does Globus now work for?
3. Where does Xavier believe the rain to be coming from?
4. What nationality was Globus?
5. Where is Xavier's apartment?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)