|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Charlie Maguire first tamper with?
(a) A musical choclate box.
(b) Stuckart's books.
(c) Stuckart's dresser.
(d) A jewellery box.
2. Why does Xavier struggle to find out the identity of the Weisses?
(a) They were Jews.
(b) They did not exist.
(c) They ran away.
(d) They had fake names.
3. Why can Jaeger not escape?
(a) He has a limp.
(b) He is an informant.
(c) He is too fat.
(d) He is too unfit.
4. What does Max Jaeger compare his drink to?
(a) Pig's piss.
(b) Cat's piss.
5. How does Xavier treat the body?
(a) With tenderness.
(b) With brutality.
(c) With disdain.
(d) With disgust.
6. What smell do Xavier and the attendant try to cover with their cigarette smoke?
7. What is in the courtyard of Stuckart's apartment block?
(a) Rubbish bins.
(c) A garage.
(d) A memorial garden.
8. Where was Hermann Jost born?
9. What had Buhler had for lunch the day he died?
10. What does Xavier pull from the mailbox?
(a) A notice of eviction.
(b) A brown package.
(c) A sheaf of letters.
(d) A postcard.
11. Which investigator was meant to be on duty the morning of April 14?
(a) Franz Schmidt.
(b) Otto Krause.
(c) Max Jaeger.
(d) Hermann Jost.
12. Who is the first person Xavier calls on discovering the identity of the body?
(b) Max Jaeger.
(c) Josef Buhler.
(d) Hermann Jost.
13. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
14. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
(a) A scoutmaster.
(b) A priest.
(c) A drunkard.
(d) A politician.
15. What had Charlie Maguire heard coming from the elevator shaft when she had visited Stuckart's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Xavier's apartment?
2. What does Xavier find by the jetty?
3. How did Xavier's mother die?
4. Where had Churchill fled to in 1944?
5. At what time of day are big announcements made?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)