|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, April 15, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on top of the piano in the drawing room?
(a) A vase of flowers.
(b) A carriage clock.
(c) Two photographs.
2. What weaponry lines the Avenue of Victory?
(a) Fighter planes.
(b) Captured artillery.
(c) Captured tanks.
(d) Troop transports.
3. What drink does Xavier pour for himself?
(a) A vodka.
(b) A whiskey.
(c) A cognac.
(d) A tequila.
4. What smell do Xavier and the attendant try to cover with their cigarette smoke?
5. How does Pili hold his dagger on the bus?
(a) Like a torch.
(b) Like a sword.
(c) Like a crucifix.
(d) Like candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which department has Stuckart's file?
2. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
3. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
4. What was the name of Buhler's wife?
5. Who is Buhler's only surviving relative?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)