|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, April 15, Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Max Jaeger sometimes given?
(a) The Cat.
(b) The Fox.
(c) The Lion.
(d) The Bear.
2. Why did Buhler have no children?
(a) He hated children.
(b) They died on the Eastern Front.
(c) His wife was infertile.
(d) He was sterile.
3. Who had been asking about Xavier at the Archiv?
(a) The Gestapo.
(b) The Kripe.
(c) The SS.
(d) The Orpo.
4. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Tegler See.
(c) Lake Havel.
(d) Lake Wandlitz.
5. Who is the first person Xavier calls on discovering the identity of the body?
(a) Josef Buhler.
(b) Max Jaeger.
(d) Hermann Jost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written in Buhler's diary on the day before he died?
2. What did the young SS officer believe the body to be when he first saw it?
3. Which composer is being played in the run-up to the announcement?
4. Where does Xavier take his son out for the day?
5. What was the name of Buhler's wife?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)