Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's only crime against his government?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
3. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
5. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
Essay Topic 1
Mental illness affects several discussed throughout the book.
Part 1) What could be the cause(s) of the Vonnegut family's mental illness?
Part 2) How does Vonnegut's mother's suicide affect his life?
Part 3) How might Vonnegut feel about his own son's mental illness?
Essay Topic 2
Vonnegut is continually unhappy with Christianity throughout the book.
Part 1) Give examples of the behavior of Christians mentioned in the book that would strengthen this attitude towards Christianity.
Part 2) How do groups of Christians mentioned go against or change the meaning of the Bible?
Part 3) Although Vonnegut is not a Christian, he spends quite a bit of time in churches. Do you think, based on his opinion of Christianity, he should have been allowed to speak in churches? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Vonnegut says young writers should moralize in a reader-friendly way.
Part 1) Why do you think he says this?
Part 2) Do you agree? Why or why not?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)