|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vonnegut describe Reagan's and Bush's war experiences?
2. How is Vonnegut an advocate for translators?
3. Why are Vonnegut's jokes not funny?
4. What Joseph Conrad novel depicts whites as highly evolved and others as monkeys without tails?
5. What is the name of the Bishop Vonnegut travels with to the Galapagos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mental illness affects several discussed throughout the book.
Part 1) What could be the cause(s) of the Vonnegut family's mental illness?
Part 2) How does Vonnegut's mother's suicide affect his life?
Part 3) How might Vonnegut feel about his own son's mental illness?
Essay Topic 2
People use a variety of techniques to relieve stress and the pressures of life.
Part 1) What are the techniques Vonnegut names?
Part 2) Do they seem to work?
Part 3) What do you do to relieve stress? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Vonnegut says young writers should moralize in a reader-friendly way.
Part 1) Why do you think he says this?
Part 2) Do you agree? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)