|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's only crime against his government?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
3. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
5. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
Essay Topic 1
Vonnegut says he does not care if he is remembered when he dies.
Part 1) What examples of authors does he give who do want to be remembered?
Part 2) Compare and contrast the reasons why Vonnegut and other writers may or may not want to be remembered.
Part 3) Do you want to be remembered when you die? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
People use a variety of techniques to relieve stress and the pressures of life.
Part 1) What are the techniques Vonnegut names?
Part 2) Do they seem to work?
Part 3) What do you do to relieve stress? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Attorney General's Commission on Pornography is created to protect the public from immoral literature.
Part 1) Does the United States have the right to decide what is moral or immoral? Why or why not?
Part 2) Give examples from the text that reveal the beliefs of this Commission.
Part 3) Do all the members of the Commission "practice what they preach?"
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)