Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's only crime against his government?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
3. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
5. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
Essay Topic 1
Vonnegut says he does not care if he is remembered when he dies.
Part 1) What examples of authors does he give who do want to be remembered?
Part 2) Compare and contrast the reasons why Vonnegut and other writers may or may not want to be remembered.
Part 3) Do you want to be remembered when you die? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Writing books is like any other job, according to Vonnegut.
Part 1) Why does Vonnegut think writing is no more special than any other job?
Part 2) Would you be okay with doing a job that was not important or special to you? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you find any jobs to be more important or more satisfying than others? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Both Father and Alice are encouraged in their art making.
Part 1) How do their reactions differ? How does this affect their futures as artists?
Part 2) How do you react from encouragement and praise?
Part 3) Describe a time when someone's opinion influenced your actions. Did it result in a positive outcome?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)