Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's only crime against his government?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
3. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
5. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
The Attorney General's Commission on Pornography is created to protect the public from immoral literature.
Part 1) Does the United States have the right to decide what is moral or immoral? Why or why not?
Part 2) Give examples from the text that reveal the beliefs of this Commission.
Part 3) Do all the members of the Commission "practice what they preach?"
Vonnegut poses the question "what are people for?"
Part 1) What do you believe Vonnegut thinks people are for?
Part 2) What do you think people are for?
Part 3) Based on these beliefs, are people being successful at serving their purpose on Earth? Why or why not?
Vonnegut does not believe Liberty has yet to be born.
Part 1) Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Part 2) What can you do to bring about the birth of Liberty?
Part 3) How do you see progression of liberty over the next 100 years?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)