Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's only crime against his government?
2. To what does Vonnegut compare ignoring distractions and repeating a mantra?
3. In THE NATION what does Vonnegut claim is the U.S.'s most nurturing contribution to planetary culture?
4. To what does Vonnegut compare Bush's presidential campaign?
5. Who does the author have die glamorously in an airplane crash into Mt. Kilimanjaro?
Vonnegut says he does not care if he is remembered when he dies.
Part 1) What examples of authors does he give who do want to be remembered?
Part 2) Compare and contrast the reasons why Vonnegut and other writers may or may not want to be remembered.
Part 3) Do you want to be remembered when you die? Why or why not?
The First Amendment allows Americans the freedom of speech and the press.
Part 1) Although Vonnegut supports this, why does this freedom upset him? Give examples from the text.
Part 2) What part of the First Amendment does the NRA use to support its cause? Do you agree with the way the NRA interprets this freedom?
Part 3) Write a letter to the NRA expressing your opinion about its interpretation of the First Amendment.
Television has created a generation that needs not fight to be disillusioned about war.
Part 1) Give examples of how television has been able to do this.
Part 2) Name two other ways television has bettered our society. Explain.
Part 3) What other technology has bettered our world? Explain.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)